The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not get why people would question this. Do certain people do more events than others sure probably but this has nothing to do with the fairness of THP it is because those people put the work not saying others don't but a many here go way above and beyond.

You are offering the membership something free or at least largely discounted for a chance to spend time with great people and experience things people never would have dreamed about or even had a shot at if not for THP.

If people can not accept losing a free contest and be happy for those that do win they have no business even entering and should look at themselves in the mirror.

Thank You JB and GG and the rest of the THP staff don't let the critics get to you. You have created something truly special and you have Many many people that realize that .

well there is a bright side to everything JB, people getting disapointed about not getting picked means that the events you guys are doing are awesome.

that said, I do beleive every selection process is fair and every spot is well deserved, and nobody should complain and just be happy for the selected few

The only unfair thing going on at THP is that two of the nicest and most generous people around get attacked and have to justify how fair things actually are. Didn't get your free stuff that you're not entitled to? Congratulate the winners and enter the next contest that is likely starting the next day or week. Stick around long enough and your odds of getting free stuff are pretty good. This site is about a community of golfers enjoying the game together, don't ruin it by being greedy or a**holes and we all benefit.

take it w/ a grain of salt JB, people who don't win will always question why because in there own minds there is no way anyone's entry was better than there submission & there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. The stuff You, GG and the THP Staff put together are unlike anything people can imagine & it's unfortunate that you have put up w/ people questioning the Validity of the contests.

NebGolfer..fantastic post and so spot on!!

I'm gonna rant that I missed JB's post! I can piece the puzzle together though.

You wanna know how unfair THP is? I got into the demo day last year at the last second, I got selected for the very first ultimate club testing and I got picked for the Gauntlet this year. Trust me right now, if anything was rigged there are 1000 other people that could have been picked before me for all those events.

JB, just keep that AF coin from Indy on your desk or something and you'll always be remembered that we appreciate you both. I know most of us do, anyway, and appreciate the effort.

I'm gonna rant that I missed JB's post! I can piece the puzzle together though.

You wanna know how unfair THP is? I got into the demo day last year at the last second, I got selected for the very first ultimate club testing and I got picked for the Gauntlet this year. Trust me right now, if anything was rigged there are 1000 other people that could have been picked before me for all those events.

Hate to beat a dead horse but I will add to this. I joined in Early 2014, have a 25 handicap and was picked in the first group of 3 for the Gauntlet. That was with a very low post count and not knowing anyone on THP.

I thought I picked a good villain name but after reading the others, I don't think mine deserved even a top 10.

JB let it roll like water off a ducks back. QUACK QUACK brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB, just keep that AF coin from Indy on your desk or something and you'll always be remembered that we appreciate you both. I know most of us do, anyway, and appreciate the effort.

Just picked it up brother. It means the world to us.

Computers are down on a Monday morning. The busiest time of the week for us. Sucks so bad.

Been sick.
Coughing up crap all weekend.

Well, I think I just cracked a rib.

Awesome!

Sad to see some things never change. I'm not around too often since my move and a new job, but things will settle down eventually. Keep the faith JB and GG, your hard work is seen by many who don't always mention it.

well there is a bright side to everything JB, people getting disapointed about not getting picked means that the events you guys are doing are awesome.
Definitely this. It's hard not to be disappointed not getting selected to events because they are so darn awesome. I'm also pretty sure if JB and GG could open these events up to even more people, they'd do so.

Definitely this. It's hard not to be disappointed not getting selected to events because they are so darn awesome. I'm also pretty sure if JB and GG could open these events up to even more people, they'd do so.

I am sure they would wish to, but we all know it is impossible, especially with events like the granddaddy, can you imagine how much it would cost!?

Stemming from my rant on Friday. Uploading a copy of a team members reporting folder. Estimated completion = 1 day hahaha

yby8umyt.jpg

A-holes. People who are just complete a-holes.

It's 57*, in mid July. That's weird. Glad I brought a jacket.

I can't tell if the show The Leftovers is just not very good or if I'm just not smart enough to enjoy it.

Ugh. I'll give it one more week.

I can't tell if the show The Leftovers is just not very good or if I'm just not smart enough to enjoy it.

Ugh. I'll give it one more week.

It's on my watch list. I've heard both good and bad things.

Maybe but this year has also brought you that beautiful little princess. Just try to stay positive and your year will get a whole lot better in a week or so. ☺

Totally true. She means the world to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back