Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Review

Its like I told you before you hit it, it wants to go straight. Just looking at the misses on the face and then where the ball ended up early showed just that, it WANTS to keep the ball in play. Plus, you don't mind the aluminum sound, its an awesome match IMO, and was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

45.75 is the stock length.

that reminds me of how I felt with the DXI. It just wanted to go straight, didn't seem to matter the swing.

I'm so excited for October with this bad boy. I have a ball speed number I have always wanted to hit and with the pro's at Wilson guiding me I think I can hit it.

Plus the looks are just bad ass.

I'm so excited for October with this bad boy. I have a ball speed number I have always wanted to hit and with the pro's at Wilson guiding me I think I can hit it.

Plus the looks are just bad ass.

Wilson is having their staffers game some prototype irons. Call me crazy, but I think the driver we encounter in October may be one we don't know anything about right now :)

Curse you Cookie, now I'm pondering! I already wanted to hit one of these badly, but hearing about results like that makes me salivate. I can't seem to find a lot of fairways lately with my driver, so this could be an absolute godsend for my game ATM.

that reminds me of how I felt with the DXI. It just wanted to go straight, didn't seem to matter the swing.

It was fun to see Cookie see exactly what I did when I reviewed the driver. Turns out I'm not as crazy as some think I am. :alien:

Curse you Cookie, now I'm pondering! I already wanted to hit one of these badly, but hearing about results like that makes me salivate. I can't seem to find a lot of fairways lately with my driver, so this could be an absolute godsend for my game ATM.

Dude, for the price I heard these can be had for its a must try!

Keep in mind I typically need a low spin head with low/mid launch shaft for good results. I started at like 10.5 I think but after a few swings James said I can drop it as low as it goes. 8.5 was blissful.

I know I said I wouldn't hit it again until after the MC but I have 3 rounds planned in next 5 days and really want to game this one.

Keep in mind I typically need a low spin head with low/mid launch shaft for good results. I started at like 10.5 I think but after a few swings James said I can drop it as low as it goes. 8.5 was blissful.

I know I said I wouldn't hit it again until after the MC but I have 3 rounds planned in next 5 days and really want to game this one.

The drivers I've had the best results with in the past are low or low-mid spin with a mid launch shaft, so that makes good sense for me I think. I usually hang out at a little higher loft, but sounds like I'd have that option. Maybe if I sell off some more of the extra clubs I'll have to take a chance on one of these!

The drivers I've had the best results with in the past are low or low-mid spin with a mid launch shaft, so that makes good sense for me I think. I usually hang out at a little higher loft, but sounds like I'd have that option. Maybe if I sell off some more of the extra clubs I'll have to take a chance on one of these!

I like it buddy. I believe this one goes from 8.5 to 11.5 so plenty of room for tinkering. Might be 10.5 but James has the tool so can't check at this moment.

Honestly though, consider me blown away - honestly intrigued to see if it was a fluke or continues.

I like it buddy. I believe this one goes from 8.5 to 11.5 so plenty of room for tinkering. Might be 10.5 but James has the tool so can't check at this moment.

Honestly though, consider me blown away - honestly intrigued to see if it was a fluke or continues.

Up to 11.5.

Were the results positive? Did not know from your comments

I hit it pretty straight, but I think I will go back to a lower loft. I normally don't play on heavily watered courses.

PhillyV I agree with you. They are not having folks come to their Innovation Center and not have something Innovative.
Wilson is having their staffers game some prototype irons. Call me crazy, but I think the driver we encounter in October may be one we don't know anything about right now :)

Cookie,Where are you finding deals on this driver.Cannot find them off price. I guess because they don't change them every week like other companies.Of course you don't need it cause you hit it like you own it.(Which I guess you do)

They're selling on eBay for around $200.

Paging #Cookie.

Gamer?

Paging #Cookie.

Gamer?

Solid question sir. The + treated me well in SC so I think a head to head test is needed. I still have that occasional drop kick with the + which I know is swing but I hadn't seen it with the M3.

Next weekend the test will commence.

Solid question sir. The + treated me well in SC so I think a head to head test is needed. I still have that occasional drop kick with the + which I know is swing but I hadn't seen it with the M3.

Next weekend the test will commence.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't win out, it just wants to go SO straight for you.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't win out, it just wants to go SO straight for you.

Yeah...it was awfully damn straight. That can't be minimized.

Love love this driver. Had some errant pushes right during the round but when I focused on shortening the swing a bit I really started hitting some great tee balls just dead straight. Misses are to be expected when you don't swing the club for a few weeks I suppose.

Straight.....baby just wants to go straight! Set at 8.5* and seeing a nice mid to mid high launch but it plays well both into and with the wind. More folks definitely need to try this one out.

Had a few heel misses that resulted in lower flight but still finding the fairway....good to see.

This makes me happy.

Its a tremendous driver for you, and I'm happy as hell its in a home that will game the hell out of it.

This makes me happy.

Its a tremendous driver for you, and I'm happy as hell its in a home that will game the hell out of it.

Thanks buddy, you know it. Not going anywhere!

Love love this driver. Had some errant pushes right during the round but when I focused on shortening the swing a bit I really started hitting some great tee balls just dead straight. Misses are to be expected when you don't swing the club for a few weeks I suppose.

Straight.....baby just wants to go straight! Set at 8.5* and seeing a nice mid to mid high launch but it plays well both into and with the wind. More folks definitely need to try this one out.

Had a few heel misses that resulted in lower flight but still finding the fairway....good to see.

This makes me happy.

I have seen Mike swing many drivers over many rounds during the last few years. This is by far this best driver for him that he has bagged. The results are pretty predictable and when he keeps his swing under control, the results are very good.

I currently don't use a driver, but this baby is available for $130 at BudgetGolf. I'm around a 20 handicap and have never had an adjustable driver. I know this club was marketed towards a better player. Should I stay away, or is it worth the a shot at that price?

Solid driver. I prefer the new D200 from them, but this was solid.

I currently don't use a driver, but this baby is available for $130 at BudgetGolf. I'm around a 20 handicap and have never had an adjustable driver. I know this club was marketed towards a better player. Should I stay away, or is it worth the a shot at that price?

I honestly didn't find it super penal when I reviewed it, it was shorter in distance than other models, but it wanted to find the fairway for me. Only real hit against it for me personally was the sound, its a loud one.

Back