The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The home course that we used to be members of today started advertising for "Unlimited Golf for the rest of the season" for $300, or $500 with a cart. This is at a course that wanted $680 for a membership for 9 holes.

It has been closed half the season due to standing water.

The stupid part is, if they were $500 for the year for membership, we probably would have signed up lol. Just tired of paying far too much to golf a 9 hole course and building a home-course handicap.

Pete it's so well done there is a long story behind it. The attorneys for Abba thought it was done to be a commercial as it went viral on you tube. They made them take it down.

The Wake SPCA said we literally spent $30 on this and it was all for fun. They said it was too well done to be fun. So they had to take it down. But by then it had spread so far and been copied and posted by so many people the attorney's couldn't stop them all. Just the SPCA.

Ron (lightingbolt44) probably could tell you more as it is in his backyard and his charity for the ice bucket challenge.

Here is an article from last year about everything as it happened to that point http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/02/03/2651411/abba-says-nej-to-wake-spcas-viral.html

Since when is Tom Hanks in Shawshank? j/k I thought it was Hanks for a minute

Tim Robbins ;)

I have a lot of issues today, even more than usual :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally back after a much needed getaway. Going to make a re-intro thread shortly.

Can't believe I missed this yesterday. Welcome back to THP!

Two days............it's gone a lot quicker than I originally expected, but I still can't wait for it to come off. The putting green awaits!

I have no idea how this is plausible:

ynu8e3um.jpg

Thinking you have something wrong there.

So 1.5million percent isn't normal? Haha.

I'm not sure what's going on. It's one of the new Nooks that is supposed to last 8 weeks ,or something crazy, on one charge.

Two days............it's gone a lot quicker than I originally expected, but I still can't wait for it to come off. The putting green awaits!

Awesome news Pete.

I'm not sure what's going on. It's one of the new Nooks that is supposed to last 8 weeks ,or something crazy, on one charge.

Normally not a battery issue, but an issue with calculations. There was an issue like this with the last batch of Ipad Minis that they would stop charging at 95% and not go further. People panicked that their device would not charge all the way. Once a reboot took place, it would say fully charged.

Try powering down the device and then restarting it and see if it says the corrected percentage.

Looks like that exact problem was an issue with the older nooks many more of these threads around the net

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-E-Ink-Support/Batts-at-1500000/td-p/1479119

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com...-at-1500000/m-p/1138028/highlight/true#M38248

Hopefully yours corrects itself and starts charging correctly

Normally not a battery issue, but an issue with calculations. There was an issue like this with the last batch of Ipad Minis that they would stop charging at 95% and not go further. People panicked that their device would not charge all the way. Once a reboot took place, it would say fully charged.

Try powering down the device and then restarting it and see if it says the corrected percentage.

I've powered it down a few times thinking the same thing. I have even hooked it back up to the charger for a bit to see if it would correct it. Still shows the same percentage.

Almost there buddy!!

Attention job applicants: using a lime green font on your application will not help you get a job.

Attention job applicants: using a lime green font on your application will not help you get a job.

But what if the lime green font is comic sans. I think that says the applicant is fun loving and thinks outside the box.

KellyBo has me nailing down trim work today. Next I'll be heading over to our local car shop to have some new tires and a front end alignment on her car. The woman is a slave driver :beat-up:

Ok, I''m sure we could start a whole thread on things we've seen on resumes or applications.

But as a hiring manager, two things that made me cringe. An email address on your resume that was anything like partygirl@ISP.com or when I'd call to schedule an interview and be subjected to a 2 minutes of their favorite song followed by a guy telling me how he's out, "tearing it up, and to leave a message, maybe he'll call maybe he won't, just have to see how I rate"....true example

But what if the lime green font is comic sans. I think that says the applicant is fun loving and thinks outside the box.
Just trying to make their work stand out right.?

This gentleman agrees with you.

ivwtol.jpg

Our landscaper is here on property planting all kind of pretty trees, shubs, etc. and our adventure with our new home is nearing the final phase. WOW what a journey KellyBo and I have been through the last several weeks. Will it ever slow down is something I have pondered the last several days. At least now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it sure looks good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back