The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, about 4 days worth of work have just up & disappeared from a 3rd party. Just gone.
Awesome.

Once again, another family member passed away today. Seriously, eff cancer!

RIP Aunt Della

Damn, Vince, my condolences. Cancer is an absolute b*tch.

My condolences Vince. And here I was going to complain that a vending machine ate $0.60 of mine. Perspective Tom, perspective.

My condolences Vince to you and your family.

I know the doctor said that Duke's condition hasn't gotten worse, but he has passed out 4 times in the last 2 weeks, and he is hacking a lot. I don't think it's an actual cough, but more like a hair ball hack. Makes me sad. I am sure I am over reacting, but knowing I am leaving him for 9 days for the MC is just tearing me apart right now.

Can you take him in for a quick checkup to make sure it's all good? Maybe just a cold.

Option B is read the pm I sent u again for a lol moment

I know the doctor said that Duke's condition hasn't gotten worse, but he has passed out 4 times in the last 2 weeks, and he is hacking a lot. I don't think it's an actual cough, but more like a hair ball hack. Makes me sad. I am sure I am over reacting, but knowing I am leaving him for 9 days for the MC is just tearing me apart right now.

Uh dogs passing out is not overacting.

Get a second opinion ASAP.

One of my dogs does that all the time, and he is as fit as a fiddle.

Wouldn't worry until you can get him checked out. I assume you had your pups vaccinated for kennel cough?

Sorry Vince

RIP Aunt Della
Sorry for your loss Vince.

I'd take him back definitely. Passing out and hacking doesn't sound good at all, and you can never be too sure.

The Official Rant of the Day

RIP Aunt Della

So sorry to hear this Vince. Thoughts out to your family.

Last edited:

Wouldn't worry until you can get him checked out. I assume you had your pups vaccinated for kennel cough?

Its not kennel cough. He has major heart problems and the vet said that with that he knows when he gets too worked up and will stop. Duke gets excited very easily and once in a while, does not stop and it leads to a scary view of him falling over and looking out of it.

Its scary because we love the little guy and in the last year were under the impression he would not be with us much longer. But our little boy is a fighter and despite only being with us a couple of years now, has made an impression on us that is amazing.

He has congestive heart failure, so this isn't uncommon for his condition.

He just had an ultrasound on Tuesday and everything checked out. They said his condition hasn't changed (which is a good thing). He said that his mind thinks he is a healthy dog who wants to play, but his heart can't support that so he can't get the oxygen he needs. I know this is just a side affect of his condition, but it doesn't make me feel any better or less on edge. I just hate seeing him like this, he should be able to play hard like he wants. And I hate it even more knowing I won't be there to watch over him for so long.

Its not kennel cough. He has major heart problems and the vet said that with that he knows when he gets too worked up and will stop. Duke gets excited very easily and once in a while, does not stop and it leads to a scary view of him falling over and looking out of it.

Its scary because we love the little guy and in the last year were under the impression he would not be with us much longer. But our little boy is a fighter and despite only being with us a couple of years now, has made an impression on us that is amazing.
Yeah sorry, I just assumed that with you guys being gone for the MC that you'd kennel him, in which case it'd be good to get him vaccinated. Kennel cough is pretty rampant around here this year, so much so that my own vet told me to get a house sitter rather than kennel my dogs this year. In my mind, the question and these facts were all tied together ... alas, no one read my mind. :)

Losing my first dog was as bad as losing a family member. I know for some people that will sound strange, but even though Boomer has been gone for over a decade, I can still choke up when I think about her. I hope Duke keeps trucking for a seriously long time.

Yeah sorry, I just assumed that with you guys being gone for the MC that you'd kennel him, in which case it'd be good to get him vaccinated. Kennel cough is pretty rampant around here this year, so much so that my own vet told me to get a house sitter rather than kennel my dogs this year. In my mind, the question and these facts were all tied together ... alas, no one read my mind. :)

Losing my first dog was as bad as losing a family member. I know for some people that will sound strange, but even though Boomer has been gone for over a decade, I can still choke up when I think about her. I hope Duke keeps trucking for a seriously long time.

Thanks brother. We wont kennel our dogs. In fact even when they get a bath we dont allow the cages. We have an amazing couple that takes care of the two of them when we travel and they love their home.

Thanks brother. We wont kennel our dogs. In fact even when they get a bath we dont allow the cages. We have an amazing couple that takes care of the two of them when we travel and they love their home.

That's great you have a trusted couple that can give them the attention so it feels a little less like your not gone. Obviously your not there but they're not in a kennel either. We do this for some close friends and their golden. Means a lot to them and we treat him like our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's hoping Duke feels better soon. It's strange how dogs can have so many of the same characteristics as us. How often do we play or work harder than we should and suffer some serious consequences.

The other pup (sorry don't know his her name) how's he/she doing? Weren't there some issues there as well?

Here's hoping Duke feels better soon. It's strange how dogs can have so many of the same characteristics as us. How often do we play or work harder than we should and suffer some serious consequences.

The other pup (sorry don't know his her name) how's he/she doing? Weren't there some issues there as well?

Her name is Ellie. She is still not putting any pressure on her back right leg, so I am taking her to the vet tomorrow for some x-rays.

Her name is Ellie. She is still not putting any pressure on her back right leg, so I am taking her to the vet tomorrow for some x-rays.

Poor Ellie. :sad: Hope it's nothing serious.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Just so much going on with them both. I know it's hard on you and JB.

Thanks! I guess this is just the stuff you deal with when you have 2 senior dogs.

That's true. I remember when Freddie and I stopped by during the gauntlet last year, they seemed to be pretty active for their age. Unfortunately, age catches up with the best of us. Positive thoughts for good news tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost the THP marker that goes with my FLIX divot tool today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back