Is it a sign that the ignite button on our infrared grill stopped working last night?

I think it's more than a sign...question is how come the order hasn't been placed yet? :)

Omg you guys are killing me. I want one now. If these last that long the cost is no issue. Grills don't last nearly as long as it sounds like these do. I also now want to make a trip to Branson...
Danny, get on down here

I think it's more than a sign...question is how come the order hasn't been placed yet? :)

The truth is that I want one quite a bit. The price is a factor, as we just bought some rather expensive items (to say the least), but she wanted to get it for me for something big I have coming up and I said no thank you.

Not because we dont have one coming or will have one coming, just that I want to look at all options first and figure out the best one for us. We are working on eating at home more because we enjoy it so much and can both actually cook (she is an amazing baker), so this could be incentive.

The truth is that I want one quite a bit. The price is a factor, as we just bought some rather expensive items (to say the least), but she wanted to get it for me for something big I have coming up and I said no thank you.

Not because we dont have one coming or will have one coming, just that I want to look at all options first and figure out the best one for us. We are working on eating at home more because we enjoy it so much and can both actually cook (she is an amazing baker), so this could be incentive.
You just reminded me of something else, when I figured my cost per day I did not figure in how much I have saved by not eating out

I agree with you there. I know how the both of you enjoy cooking. I am trying to justify the purchase as well.

I have read some really incredible recipes where you can cook with one of these and a cast iron skillet. That's my kind of camping haha.

I have read some really incredible recipes where you can cook with one of these and a cast iron skillet. That's my kind of camping haha.

It's true! Anything you can do in an oven, you can do on a grille.
Take a look at Barbecue Pit Boys on youtube for ridiculous videos on BBQ cooking, but be warned, they aren't exactly healthy.

It's true! Anything you can do in an oven, you can do on a grille.
Take a look at Barbecue Pit Boys on youtube for ridiculous videos on BBQ cooking, but be warned, they aren't exactly healthy.

First thing I plan to bake is a cobbler. I don't expect it to be healthy, but I do expect it to be delicious. Damn, I'm hungry now.

First thing I plan to bake is a cobbler. I don't expect it to be healthy, but I do expect it to be delicious. Damn, I'm hungry now.
I have had an apple crisp made in a cast iron skillet cooked in a BGE and it was in the top 3 of the best I've ever had!

Must have that now.

The last 4 pages of this thread have confirmed for me that I'm getting some sort of ceramic egg grill soon..

Pretty excited. While we have spent considerable time looking at BGE and Kamado Joe the last few days, one of the places we are going to tomorrow offers completely different brands including Primo. The Primo XL some say is the best out there due to their patented oval design. Rumor has it that when the patent runs out, every manufacturer wants part of this design due to easy to use multiple temp zones.

They "only" have the 20 year warranty rather than lifetime, but they are made in the USA which is a nice touch.

Honestly 20 yr warranty is still solid IMO and made in the USA is a huge bonus IMO

Not really sure to ask this or phrase it, but do these season at all? Like over time the drippings, rubs, smoke "season" in to the ceramic at all?

Not really sure to ask this or phrase it, but do these season at all? Like over time the drippings, rubs, smoke "season" in to the ceramic at all?

I have been told in look only.

jydazyba.jpg

Took exactly 10 minutes to get to 650

4u4a8e2u.jpg

Told you it was a great grill as well :) started at 7pm. I am eating at 7:23pm

I've been avoiding this thread already knowing that as soon as I make a house purchase this is going to be very high on my list. You guys have bumped a few other items down. LOL.

I've been avoiding this thread already knowing that as soon as I make a house purchase this is going to be very high on my list. You guys have bumped a few other items down. LOL.
You would love it partner

Umm you so didn't need to introduce me to this option. I'm needing a new grill/smoker.

Dang it why did I come I here. Haha.

I think in a few years when I put in a built in grill at the new house I will go with a Kamado style grill so I can do everything in one machine.

Honest question for anyone that has experience w/pellet smokers. Can you get the good consistent blue smoke with them that you do with a ceramic and the lump wood charcoals? Have had some food off of a pellet grill my brother owns and though the smoke flavor was not overpowering it was a little resinous and bitter. Usually this only happens on a ceramic if the fire isn't right and you have a lot of white smoke.
I have a Yoder YS640 and use it as a smoker, grill and pizza oven. It will produce a good constant blue smoke. For the 4th I made a 10lb pork shoulder and 3 racks or baby backs. The ribs were probably the best I have ever had. Both the ribs and shoulder had great smoke rings and smoke taste without bitter or over powering. With pellets stay away from treger pellets as they are filler woods flavored with oil not fruit/flavor woods.

dyzaseqe.jpg

Back