Mizuno MP-T5 Wedges Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting the Euro Tour right now.

file.php

The black finish looks really good. Its funny, I was wondering just the other day when we would see the next wedge from Mizzy.

They look similar to the T-4, but the ferrule is shorter for some reason. And the black looks sharp.

I've always like the looks of the Mizuno wedges, including the JPX line. These, especially the black ones, are no exception.

• Admin
I like the black as well. I think the mizunos are a seriously underrated wedge .

Would you say as underrated as a wedge as overrated as an iron? And I mean that with all due respect to the irons, which are high quality. What I mean by that statement is that there are many golfers that view them as a gift from the God's, which is kind of funny. Terms like "butter" is used, when ironically enough butter is cast. So would you think that the wedges are the flipside of that?

I'm a big fan of the T-4's, so will probably take a look at these as well.

Would you say as underrated as a wedge as overrated as an iron? And I mean that with all due respect to the irons, which are high quality. What I mean by that statement is that there are many golfers that view them as a gift from the God's, which is kind of funny. Terms like "butter" is used, when
ironically enough butter is cast. So would you think that the wedges are the flipside of that?

I would agree with that - I know a lot of people who play and evangelize Mizuno's irons, but none of them have any Mizuno wedges in the bag.

As for mizuno and forged/cast - that's something I'd be interested in people's thoughts on. I love the JPX series - I get better distance and accuracy than I do my Pings, but ironically I feel like the Pings have a better feel/sound than the cast Mizunos do.

So MP-T4 with new logos?

Would you say as underrated as a wedge as overrated as an iron? And I mean that with all due respect to the irons, which are high quality. What I mean by that statement is that there are many golfers that view them as a gift from the God's, which is kind of funny. Terms like "butter" is used, when ironically enough butter is cast. So would you think that the wedges are the flipside of that?
I am not huge on the irons actually at all. I find the wedges and drivers (some) to be underrated and overlooked by many.

The irons themselves I think they always look good and play well for certain players just like any iron. As far as feel and quality I think they feel good but I have hit clubs from all other OEMS that feel just as good if not better. That is not a knock on Mizuno I think they are great clubs. I just honestly don't think any manufacture has a huge advantage over another. All release quality equipment for the most part and give the consumer choices over what they want look and feel wise from there it is up to each individual person to decide what they like.

They look good. I've always liked Mizuno wedges.

I am drawn to the dark finish and like the fairly clean look.

All black looks great.

I wasn't a huge fan of the T-4s. But I'll give these a try.

I'm up in the air whether I like the loft box there. I think it looks a bit better on the satin vs the black though.

I am not huge on the irons actually at all. I find the wedges and drivers (some) to be underrated and overlooked by many.

The irons themselves I think they always look good and play well for certain players just like any iron. As far as feel and quality I think they feel good but I have hit clubs from all other OEMS that feel just as good if not better. That is not a knock on Mizuno I think they are great clubs. I just honestly don't think any manufacture has a huge advantage over another. All release quality equipment for the most part and give the consumer choices over what they want look and feel wise from there it is up to each individual person to decide what they like.

I agree 100% with you. I have played a number of their iron sets and they feel like most other forgings I have played. Currently gaming a set of $150 forged component heads that are every bit as soft as mizuno IMHO. I loved the mp001 driver for sure. Was very underrated. Their wedges wear very fast compared to my scratch forged wedges. And the scratch wedges spin more for me and don't shred the ball. And I will take a j33 airmuscle over the mp fli hi any day. Just worked better for me. Feel is very personal to people and I think can be just as objective as subjective.

Good looking wedges, I liked the T4's also.

I have been playing the T-4's for a couple of years now and I really like the feel of the forged wedge over the Vokey's. Not much of a fan of any black irons, but I am interested to try the T-5 to see if I can tell any difference.

I really like the shape of these and the black looks nice and rich but for some reason the logo, channel, and writing just throw me off a bit. I'm a Mizuno disciple but these don't move me.

I love the black finish on these as I have have on the Wilson Staff wedge and others as well. I do think the channel although useful I am sure just takes something away in terms of the classic look. Wedges like putters are such personal decision.Still they scream standard Mizuno quality.

I have never once in my life swung a Mizuno wedge. I like the black finish better than the satin, but that's generally true with all wedges I see.

As usual, awesome looking wedges from Mizuno. Im usually not a fan of black finishes but I like the black.

Good. T4s will now be on sale and it's time for the Jaws to go.

As for mizuno and forged/cast - that's something I'd be interested in people's thoughts on. I love the JPX series - I get better distance and accuracy than I do my Pings, but ironically I feel like the Pings have a better feel/sound than the cast Mizunos do.
That topic has been beaten to death and a quick search would give you all that thoughts you could ever need on that topic.
Personally, I agree with you that Mizuno wedges are highly, HIGHLY underrated.

Wasn't a fan of the T-4. Looks good though.

I still have a couple of MPT wedges, with one in the bag. Will give these a fair shake. Really like the black finish.

Back