What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

I don't quite understand your premise that you're a better golfer than women because you can hit it farther. Women simply lack the physical strength to hit it as far as men. That does not make them any less accomplished of a golfer. If a women shoots a 75, she shot a 75, same as if you did.

If we were able to give women a ball that would fly as far as ours if they were playing from the same tee, would you still argue that if they mopped the floor with you that it didn't count? It's the same thing as having their teebox forward.

So, are you suggesting that Michelle Wie's -2 means she would have finished second at the mens US open?!? A 75 is not a 75 when the tees are different.

As for your other point, longer is not necessarily better. My old man who is nearly 70 still plays to a 3 (and not a 3 where your handicap is your best 10 of your last 20 rounds) He is at least 2 clubs shorter than me.

Why would it matter what Wie would shoot in a men's major. That's a girl my trollish friend.

Why would it matter what Wie would shoot in a men's major. That's a girl my trollish friend.
And not a good comparison for distance considering she averages 278 off the tee this year and can easily hit 3 hundo hahaha

So, are you suggesting that Michelle Wie's -2 means she would have finished second at the mens US open?!?

Playing from the women's tees, she might.

A 75 is not a 75 when the tees are different.

If you lack the physical strength to play a longer tee, it sure is.

So you're saying if a high-school golfer shots 75 from the whites, and you shoot 82 from the blues, he hasn't beaten you? Or if Michele Wie plays you from the reds and fires a 65 to your 85, she's not a better golfer? I just can't process that.

As for your other point, longer is not necessarily better. My old man who is nearly 70 still plays to a 3 (and not a 3 where your handicap is your best 10 of your last 20 rounds) He is at least 2 clubs shorter than me.

Absolutely. I played with a 78-year-old the other day that kicked my butt all over the course. He couldn't hit it more than a 150 yards with a driver. He played the senior tees and I played the whites. At no point did it cross my mind that he wasn't the better golfer. He was.

So no women's golfer can be better than a man because they play from a different set of tees?

Flawed friggin logic. I bet Holly Sonders can play from 6400 yards and smoke most us here.

Playing from the women's tees, she might.

If you lack the physical strength to play a longer tee, it sure is.

So you're saying if a high-school golfer shots 75 from the whites, and you shoot 82 from the blues, he hasn't beaten you? Or if Michele Wie plays you from the reds and fires a 65 to your 85, she's not a better golfer? I just can't process that.

Absolutely. I played with a 78-year-old the other day that kicked my butt all over the course. He couldn't hit it more than a 150 yards with a driver. He played the senior tees and I played the whites. At no point did it cross my mind that he wasn't the better golfer. He was.

A 75 from the ladies tee is exactly that, a 75 FROM THE LADIES TEE. Not in anyway the same as a 75 from the blues, blacks or even whites.

Capt.dru and I are about to take this on at our "home" course. Last 4 scores have been 82, 84, 86, 83. All from the whites.

Tl he round is over. We didn't play our best but good enough. Andrew shot 92 vs a 94 last week from the whites and I shot 80 vs an 82 last week. The distance to me is irrelevant when talking about going shorter because unless you can hit your driver dead straight onto every green and 2 putt birdie then you are still hitting irons from the fairway, missing greens, and chipping. Did I hit more short irons than normal? Not really because I played the course the same way I normally would playing to a number so the club off the tee was just a little shorter. I probably could have pulled driver a few more times to go for it, but I didn't see the point.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding the round. I'll be happy to answer.

I think I'm going to try and squeeze in a round this week, I'll try it from the front tees and report back with how I did. It'll be on a course I'm familiar with though so I can use my average round out there as my comparable.

Hypothesis going in: Unless the putter is warmed up, I'll have a higher amount of putts for the day. My GIR and fairway will be noticeably higher than normal.

You have two options. Layup to a yardage off of every tee with an iron. Play to wedges. Or, take driver and challenge some greens off the tee. If you do, your FIR number won't be as high as you think.

So no women's golfer can be better than a man because they play from a different set of tees?

Flawed friggin logic. I bet Holly Sonders can play from 6400 yards and smoke most us here.

I bet the 263rd ranked female golfer in the world could do that with no problem.

I bet the 263rd ranked female golfer in the world could do that with no problem.

No problem. I bet they could go out on most of our tracks. Play from 6800 and short game the us to death.

No problem. I bet they could go out on most of our tracks. Play from 6800 and short game the us to death.

You bet. Not only will they hit it straight off the tee. But people forget how good their short games are.

This thread has just gotten crazy.

You can't make a comparison when one is getting a huge advantage.

I could beat the 263rd ranked female. We have to play 100 rounds nonstop, I have to bring my A+ game, and I basically have to wait for her to throw in the towel so I win one by default.

People don't always realize these girls play from tees 6300-6700yds depending on setup and the event. They're not kidding when they say these girls can play.

Maybe logic flows backwards in the southern hemisphere as well.

You bet. Not only will they hit it straight off the tee. But people forget how good their short games are.

This thread has just gotten crazy.

Understatement. Holy crap.

I could beat the 263rd ranked female. We have to play 100 rounds nonstop, I have to bring my A+ game, and I basically have to wait for her to throw in the towel so I win one by default.

People don't always realize these girls play from tees 6300-6700yds depending on setup and the event. They're not kidding when they say these girls can play.

I beat her on 1 hole. I think it was 16, so going in to that hole I was 15 down.

The 2012 Women's US Open was played at 6,900 yards.

I beat her on 1 hole. I think it was 16, so going in to that hole I was 15 down.

Gotta be a fun experience just seeing how good some players (make or female) can really play. It's also really humbling.

That was Oakmont no? When Paula Creamer won? She isn't exactly a bomber either.

A 75 from the ladies tee is exactly that, a 75 FROM THE LADIES TEE. Not in anyway the same as a 75 from the blues, blacks or even whites.

Well, not sure what else to say if you can't accept that relative strength makes it the same.

Wow what happened in here.

You're a bomber though. 100% whiskey fueled man.

None the less 6900 is 6900

Gotta be a fun experience just seeing how good some players (make or female) can really play. It's also really humbling.

That was Oakmont no? When Paula Creamer won? She isn't exactly a bomber either.

It was at Blackwolf

That's the tips at some courses around me hahaha. Women can't play my ass!! Makes no sense like others have said. To clarify I'm agreeing with you

You're a bomber though. 100% whiskey fueled man.

None the less 6900 is 6900

It was at Blackwolf

I edited my post. The point was sometimes yardage can be deceiving. When you're getting 80 yards of roll on drives and the course plays downhill it's different. It's all relative.

Needless to say this thread is ridiculous.

I edited my post. The point was sometimes yardage can be deceiving. When you're getting 80 yards of roll on drives and the course plays downhill it's different. It's all relative.

Needless to say this thread is ridiculous.

I saw what you did.

And I agree.

It was at Blackwolf

Ah, well swing and a miss on my part. Either way, that's long for anyone.

Last I checked, they didn't put an asterisk on Justin Rose's win because it wasn't a super long course

Back