Sub Shops - The Chains

For some reason I feel like the last time I ate there I paid 8+ for a sub.. Maybe I am wrong. I would never disagree with you haha

No for a footlong you would probably be looking in that range of $8-9 bucks. Quiznos would be the same cost if not more, and besides the $5 footlongs at Subway some of there subs creep in that $7-8 range. Honestly, It's all preference. I just happen to think Firehouse is much better than these others.

Firehouse has a new Thai Chili Pork sub out. Going to there today for lunch to try it out.

2ghwr8h48ghs.jpg

https://s3.amazonaws.com/emma-asset...=newsletter&utm_content=Enjoy a FREE combo...

Nice find.

Firehouse is new to me, but I really like it. Used to have a Quiznos next door, but they keep shutting down everywhere. I miss the Steakhouse Beef Dip....

In upstate NY, love my Wegmans subs or Dibellas.

lennys-sub-shop_zps550a9532.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Still my favorite chain for subs and steaks. Number 2 Regular is my normal order.

lennys-sub-shop_zps550a9532.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Still my favorite chain for subs and steaks. Number 2 Regular is my normal order.

The hot mustard relish is phenomenal.

Had some Jersey Mike's today. Still one of my faves for the chains.

Yes, I like that place, freshly sliced meats, bread is excellent, service is typically quick......winner ever time

We used to eat it quite a bit down in North carolina. Not too many around here though that I've seen. The bread alone is awesome

Firehouse is new to me, but I really like it. Used to have a Quiznos next door, but they keep shutting down everywhere. I miss the Steakhouse Beef Dip....

I really like Quiznos, but if you google there franchising they are a horrible company

Slider,
I have heard the same thing and they are struggling. Although franchise stories are bad across their board because those happy don't say much. But I have heard the same about Quiznos.

Firehouse meatball sub is to die for.

IMO can't beat it. Never had a bad meal there.

Slider,
I have heard the same thing and they are struggling. Although franchise stories are bad across their board because those happy don't say much. But I have heard the same about Quiznos.

They have been in and out of bankruptcy. I just worked closely with them on a project and their financials made the whole thing an ordeal.

They have been in and out of bankruptcy. I just worked closely with them on a project and their financials made the whole thing an ordeal.
And we can all thank God for that

As someone born in the New Jersey area, there is nothing Jersey about Jersey Mike's!

TRUTH. I'm from South Jersey, and no national chain stacks up to the local shops, or even the Mid-Atlantic chains (like Wawa, Heritage's, or even Primo).

Never had Jersey Mike's, kinda weird. Will have to stop in there one time.

Penn Station is a new favorite of mine. Really tasty sandwiches.

Dear Lord, don't do it - when we moved from NJ to NC - my then 17 year old daughter went to Jersey Mike's with our then 5 year old daughter and proceeded to take one bite of a meatball sub (HOAGIE!) and throw the rest away. If you've had the real stuff don't tempt fate with the fake stuff.

I've eaten more subway in the last 6 months than maybe my entire life. Blech. Hard to find other convenient options that are reasonably healthy though. I still vote Jimmy Johns for chains, but haven't had some of these other ones mentioned.

Penn Station is a new favorite of mine. Really tasty sandwiches.

Penn Station and Firehouse are my favorite two by a big margin.

Dear Lord, don't do it - when we moved from NJ to NC - my then 17 year old daughter went to Jersey Mike's with our then 5 year old daughter and proceeded to take one bite of a meatball sub (HOAGIE!) and throw the rest away. If you've had the real stuff don't tempt fate with the fake stuff.
Well I feel like I've gotta at least give it a go once. And FWIW I don't think I've ever had a meatball sub from any chain place I'd consider good.
I've eaten more subway in the last 6 months than maybe my entire life. Blech. Hard to find other convenient options that are reasonably healthy though. I still vote Jimmy Johns for chains, but haven't had some of these other ones mentioned.
Jimmy John's is delicious. Was my favorite until a Penn Station opened near my work.
Penn Station and Firehouse are my favorite two by a big margin.
Never heard of Firehouse, but PS is definitely my favorite now. Thick cuts of meat, and the toppings are great too. I even won a lunch platter from there for my work!

Jimmy John's has been my favorite for about 15 years now (man that sounds like a long time). I've recently heard about Firehouse within the last couple of years, but there hasn't been one real convenient to where I live. Last weekend on my way home from golf my son and I saw one so we pulled in a grabbed a sandwich. I had the meatball and it was good, but I wouldn't put it over any other franchise sandwich places meatball personally. My son ordered their "club on a sub". He couldn't quit ranting over how good it was. Said it was by far the best sandwich he's ever eaten. Guess I'll have to give it a shot.
Reading through here, I had never heard of Penn Station so I looked them up. There's one about 20 miles or so from me so when I find myself in that area I may have to pull in and give them a try. Sounds really good!! Until the Firehouse and Penn become more convenient for me to just swing by, JJ will have to remain at the top of my list though as far as places where I frequent.

I love Jimmy John's...Firehouse and Penn Station are solid...Quizno's and Subway are okay options...never had Jersey Mike's, but my new office is about a mile from one, so it is in my near future. Two regional chains (I'm in Indiana) that I like are Bellacino's and Mancino's.

Back