Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Phil Mickelson and Branden Grace will have this one in the bag this week at Hoylake. Callaway put up this teaser picture on Instagram with the words "details coming soon." Looks like an update to the X Utility, smart of them to put the Apex name on this one as well.

10471815_296928683818292_498858992_n.jpg

Wasn't there a thread on this that went up a bit back?

It's a sessy looking thing. But these clubs are out of my realm of work nowadays, give me hybrids or give me death. Man I have changed! Bahahaha

I love it, absolutely beautiful!

Looks a lot like the X Utility. Would be curious to hear the tech changes between the two once details are out

If I can correctly put 2 and 2 together, from Finleys tweet it's going to have a KBS shaft. Could be completely wrong though.

It's a sessy looking thing. But these clubs are out of my realm of work nowadays, give me hybrids or give me death. Man I have changed! Bahahaha

Very well could be another thread, I didn't use the search function ahead of time though. If there is another one, someone can merge this one with the other one. However, the Instagram picture from Callaway was released within the past 2 hours, so that's why I thought it was new.

Looks cool but not a club for me

Definitely good looking but it's not for me.

That thing is beautiful. Probably won't be making my bag, but it is beautiful.

Woudlnt be shocked to see the CTL in this like the TM UDI.

That is a gorgeous club. I'd love to hit one on the range and see how I do with it

Very sexy club, if I did not have a hybo which I can hit higher and lower that woule make it in my bag.

Woudlnt be shocked to see the CTL in this like the TM UDI.

I was thinking along the same lines. Need something to help launch it for us mortals that dare to try something like this. Would be very interesting to hit.

I love mine will be staying in the bag for a long time I'll def be trying these out to see if I like them better

I can't wait to hit this. I am 90% sure this will be in my bag upon release. The 10% depends on what graphite shaft gets offered with this.

I'm probably going to bag this instead of a four iron at some point.

I'm probably going to bag this instead of a four iron at some point.

thats what i did with my 4 iron in my x hot pros and i actually hit the 4 iron rather well but added forgiveness on my 4 iron is never a bad thing its the only club that i sometimes am not sure if i will slice it or not if i don't hit the sweet spot.

I will go and hit it, and then I'll put it back on the shelf, lol.

I wasn't a huge fan of the first X Utility, the shape didn't suit my eye. Hopefully this will work out better.

I wasn't a huge fan of the first X Utility, the shape didn't suit my eye. Hopefully this will work out better.

i really like the first one i don't see much more than a driving iron when i look down i think this will be more like a fat iron it looks thinner than the original.

I love mine will be staying in the bag for a long time I'll def be trying these out to see if I like them better

It'd scare me to see how far you hit this thing. That ball would be screaming for mercy.

It'd scare me to see how far you hit this thing. That ball would be screaming for mercy.

220-230 with mine i forget the loft but its the same distance as my 4 iron. 21 or 24 i think

I want to hit this just to see but I am guessing I wont have a spot in the bag that I can justify using on this.

It was the Tweeted pic that someone put up of Pat Perez when he put it in his bag

Back