The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Solid 69 today for TW. I was up early wanting to see him & the swing looks better and I didn't see any discomfort. Positive signs & hope he can keep it up. Bogeys hurt, but overall think he struck the ball well and his putting looks good. He burned a lot of edges that ended up tap in pars.
He definitely looked much better than the other week. Still missed a few short ones and that bad start but finishing the last 16 holes in -5 with a couple missed chances, he's looking much better. He seemed to hit a bunch of fws from what I saw too.

Am I the only one that thinks TW would be far more likeable if he was more personable? He never smiles!!! Stiffs a long range approach and NOTHING, sinks a tough putt from off the green, NOTHING!!! He used to be far more likeable. I'm still a fan but hate seeing the bored look on his face.

I'm not sure that Tiger ever really get's fired up during his Thursday and Friday rounds. Seems like he saves all the fist pumps for Saturday and Sunday, mostly Sunday usually.

He definitely looked much better than the other week. Still missed a few short ones and that bad start but finishing the last 16 holes in -5 with a couple missed chances, he's looking much better. He seemed to hit a bunch of fws from what I saw too.

I think he hit 10/14 fairways, which isn't too shabby.

Seemed like a switch got flipped on after the birdie at 11.

He's got Stacy Lewis syndrome.

Never a smile on her face unless she's holding a trophy or it's a photo op. Otherwise she's walking the course with a pissy look on her face whining about something.

It';s amazing how many professional golfers act like this. I would kill for this job.
QFT!!!

Agreed, really honed in from there

It looked like it was gonna be a +1 or so round. Based on the scores that are out there right now, 69 was about the highest he needed to shoot today to get in the mix early. I don't think -18 wins it like the last time here, but I do see a -8 to -11 doing it.

It looked like it was gonna be a +1 or so round. Based on the scores that are out there right now, 69 was about the highest he needed to shoot today to get in the mix early. I don't think -18 wins it like the last time here, but I do see a -8 to -11 doing it.

Plus looks like the weather gets worse tomorrow, so today prob was the best scoring chance before the cut.

Watching him hit it from right to left is huge. They talked about that a lot today and you could see he was really putting trust in that shot.

Also, does he need the driver much to stay up towards the top?

Watching him hit it from right to left is huge. They talked about that a lot today and you could see he was really putting trust in that shot.

Also, does he need the driver much to stay up towards the top?

I missed some of his round early, did he pull driver today?

I missed some of his round early, did he pull driver today?

I only saw the back nine and I think he only pulled in once there. They made a big deal out of it, so I don't think he pulled it much at all.

I only saw the back nine and I think he only pulled in once there. They made a big deal out of it, so I don't think he pulled it much at all.
Guess we'll see how the weather holds up the next couple days and if that changes his game plan. He's definitely getting more and more confident with that speed

I'm not a Tiger fan but I'd love to see him get back to the top and win this thing.

His swing looked good today, he didn't seem to hesitant and impact.

I hope TW wins this week, but if Rory stays locked in, nobody is going to catch him.

Tiger and Rory in the final pairing would be cool. They seem to be great friends, despite the age difference.

His confidence was really good on the back 9 and once he found his tempo he was on. Figures I didn't pick him this week.

His confidence was really good on the back 9 and once he found his tempo he was on. Figures I didn't pick him this week.

He settled into a nice groove. Had that modified stinger on a few holes. It should be a good week for him

I hope so dude, I'm craving some Tiger golf!

I hope so dude, I'm craving some Tiger golf!

If he can get through the front 9 under or even, I think we see fireworks on the back

Yup I think so too, his swing still looks funky to me but he's playing it well and as long as his tempo is good he's winning I think.

This is his 4 Open in a row where Tiger Woods has shot in the 60s in the opening round.

Really? I had no idea. You think he wins this?

Can't wait to get settled into the office and watch Tigers round today. Should be fun & really hope he continues what he found on the back nine yesterday.

Really? I had no idea. You think he wins this?

I said before the tournament I thought he had a great chance if he got the right side of the weather (which he always seems to). He did and put himself in contention. I believed this was Rory's event to lose and he was my pick, so we will see.

Back