Things That Irritate You On the Course?

the thing that really grinds my gear is people not looking after the course ie litter or repairing divots. i had it last week hit on hell of a shot with my 5 wood form 210 yards was rolling on to the green heading to the hole then it just stopped dead when we got there some one had dropped there pen about 3 inches from the hole i was not a happy bunny.

Other people on the course in general. Just leave, I like to have the course to myself, thanks.

Got a good laugh out of this one. Would really decrease the average pace of play...

I am not being a dck... but what does their age have to do with it?

I am late 20s and I play with a few mid 20 year olds. We do not play from the tips, but our course has 2 par 3s that measure over 210 yards from the 2nd tee box. There has been a many of time that NONE of us have hit the green. However, we are all 8 handicap and below.

Maybe, you just used that one hole as an example, however, I dont think them missing the green on a 215 yard par 3 is a good example.

I see it on courses around here. A group of guys playing the blues, or even further(!), when 1 in 4 of them even hit even close to the fairway on their tee shots. I sat and watched a foursome of 20 somethings playing the tips on a par 4; watched them on every shot to the green. Not a one of them made it in under 3 strokes and they all hit about every tree along the fairway. I'm usually playing Dr - 9i on that hole.

I just absolutely hate sweaty slimy butt crack, like the kind where you wonder if you're staining your drawers. The worst.

I also hate the phantom bugger. Y'know, when if feels like there's a bugger right at the edge of your nostril, but you keep checking and there's nothing there. And the more youn check the more itchy it becomes? Really irritating.

The worst, however, is swinging totally spastically. Having a case of pulls or pushes, slices, hooks, being a little quick, looking up...these are all part of golf. But what really makes me want to scream is when I feel like I have never held a club before, and have absolutely no idea what is going on. At address you look down and wonder why does this club look so strange? What the heck is that? And then, (usually) the next round you're back to normal as if it never happened.

When a fun course, that isn't championship and will never be, decides to put absolutely unplayable rough lining their fairways. A ball that goes off two feet will never be found.

I like the challenge personally--and when a ball is lost I let it go within a minute or so unless I'm totally alone and no one is behind me--but most people don't do this. I played behind a foursome the other day on a course like this and at least two guys would lose a ball in that impossible rough every other shot and then they'd look for it for 5 minutes apiece.

I would have been pissed at them, but they were keeping pace with the foursome in front of them doing the same thing.

No reason for a local course to pull that kind of stuff when they already have major pace of play issues.

People in carts in match play who zoom way down to the tee box even though they haven't had honors the whole match and the other team have to walk the 300 yards.

I always seem to come across the guy playing solo whom act like he absolutely needs to bang out his round in 2.5 hours. To me speed golf is counterproductive and pointless.

I always seem to come across the guy playing solo whom act like he absolutely needs to bang out his round in 2.5 hours. To me speed golf is counterproductive and pointless.

Don't ever play with me then, I like to get more than just a 6 hour round accomplished in one day.

Don't ever play with me then, I like to get more than just a 6 hour round accomplished in one day.

6 hours, yikes. I'm not talking that long.

Played the Front Today Solo 1:10, shot 42 with good rhythm(played through 2 groups) caught up to people around hole 8, nowhere to play through played back 9 in 2:45 shot a 50, no rhythm and so many twosomes taking way too long and no one offering me as a single to join them even though im right up on them, I didn't realize I played that quick until I though about it but no reason for the back to be more than 1:30-:40 with the amount of t wosomes on carts

Edit: Only saw like two guys other than me walking

You too can hear the distant rumble of thunder. That does not mean you should slow down you already glacial pace of play in front of me so as to not attract the attention of the lightning gods.

Depends on where your time goes. Golf rules suggest, I believe, like 45 secs for a shot once at the ball. That's more than enough. If people even try to keep this pace it's a perfectly relaxing round and the pace of play will feel like warp speed.

But if the time comes from 3 minutes over the ball, 5 minutes looking for lost balls, 5 minutes driving circle 8 patterns with a cart to different locations, and then 8 minutes on a green to drop the flag, talk, tell jokes, and stroll around....

Played the Front Today Solo 1:10, shot 42 with good rhythm(played through 2 groups) caught up to people around hole 8, nowhere to play through played back 9 in 2:45 shot a 50, no rhythm and so many twosomes taking way too long and no one offering me as a single to join them even though im right up on them, I didn't realize I played that quick until I though about it but no reason for the back to be more than 1:30-:40 with the amount of t wosomes on carts

Edit: Only saw like two guys other than me walking

I guess I should have included the kind of people who play fast and are obnoxious about it. Like drive in on you, or on par 3s hit as soon as you get off the green. I'm good at getting guys threw aswell.

Playing solo I expect to get my round in under 2.5 hours haha

Depends on where your time goes. Golf rules suggest, I believe, like 45 secs for a shot once at the ball. That's more than enough. If people even try to keep this pace it's a perfectly relaxing round and the pace of play will feel like warp speed.

But if the time comes from 3 minutes over the ball, 5 minutes looking for lost balls, 5 minutes driving circle 8 patterns with a cart to different locations, and then 8 minutes on a green to drop the flag, talk, tell jokes, and stroll around....

Good point. The majority of guys who go fast are fine, I'm just ranting about the guys that are rude about it.

people who are the opposite are just as bad.

I guess I should have included the kind of people who play fast and are obnoxious about it. Like drive in on you, or on par 3s hit as soon as you get off the green. I'm good at getting guys threw aswell.
Yea Im far from obnoxious about it myself I realize it can go either way on the course fast or slow I just enjoy rhythm, but just being out enjoying the course is always #1

Singles don't bother me as long as they don't get too huffy on a busy day. I'd rather they just joined us than rode our butts when there's nowhere to go.

That being said, I was on track for a 50 minute nine until running into a fivesome of lady leaguers last night. The last hole took as long as half my round had arrrgggggh.

Singles don't bother me as long as they don't get too huffy on a busy day. I'd rather they just joined us than rode our butts when there's nowhere to go.

That being said, I was on track for a 50 minute nine until running into a fivesome of lady leaguers last night. The last hole took as long as half my round had arrrgggggh.
Its nice when a group does say 'hey just join in with us were not going anywhere either' but I havent had crazy good luck with that. Weekends I usually have a group anyway but if I get a weekday ill go as a single and my course during the week in the morning seems to be mostly crotchety old retired men who can't be bothered. Frustrating when all they have to do is ask you to join up but instead they act like your rushing them. I dont get huffy cause ill just stay on the last green and practice putting which only helps me

Sand traps. If you are to lazy to go get the rake and pull it over the track marks then id suggest you either pull the ball out and hit or just go home. I hate hitting out of the sand too but I have no problem fixing my presence. Also, I have crappy days too but if you throw a club because of the game then maybe it's time for a break. I want to throw/break and beat over a tree too but I don't. Why? Because I respect the course and others that spend their hard earned money to play. If I am playing that bad, then I go home and take a break.

Sand traps. If you are to lazy to go get the rake and pull it over the track marks then id suggest you either pull the ball out and hit or just go home. I hate hitting out of the sand too but I have no problem fixing my presence.

You know what's even worse than that? I'm in hte sand trap today, make a real mess in there. Dug in my feet nice and good and kicked a big ole crate in the sand. Walk out of the bunker and give the club a little tap on my shoes. Look around......no freaking rake anywhere in site. The bunker was in pristine condition when I got there, so SOMEONE raked the thing....did they take the rake with them?!? I did my best to fix it up a bit with my club (It was pretty close to the edge) but still...

You know what's even worse than that? I'm in hte sand trap today, make a real mess in there. Dug in my feet nice and good and kicked a big ole crate in the sand. Walk out of the bunker and give the club a little tap on my shoes. Look around......no freaking rake anywhere in site. The bunker was in pristine condition when I got there, so SOMEONE raked the thing....did they take the rake with them?!? I did my best to fix it up a bit with my club (It was pretty close to the edge) but still...

We had the exact same thing happen on Sunday, except there were two of us in the same bunker, we both hit and then search for the rake and nothing. We smoothed it over best we could.

Stuff like this, to fat to walk to the green so let's park on the fringe.
u7y6a4ad.jpg

Sent from me probably driving down the road. To busy to stop and read the roses.

Playing partners that hit a shot, drop a ball and hit a "practice" shot and then get cocky about beating you. They had 30 practice shots during the round!

Back