The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is that this standard charity event costs nearly as much per player as our lil ole Morgan cup.

If the Morgan Cup is ever considered lil, I'd love to experience a big THP event :D

I'm curious as to what charity it's for and how much of the proceeds does that charity see.

I know for confidentiality you can't post it. But just curious.

JB. That had to have you splitting a gut with each new response.

I can only channel my best John McEnroe. "You can not be Serious"

I'm curious as to what charity it's for and how much of the proceeds does that charity see.

I know for confidentiality you can't post it. But just curious.

Just watch the NBC news in California this weekend. I'm sure I will be the lead story.

Or google "charity tournament to give full bag of Warrior Custom Clubs to each participant. Spots still available"

Interesting story. So we get pitched a lot of things from a lot of people at THP and this one was rather interesting.

So I get a message saying "Please sponsor this event and send THPers".

THe dates of the event are the same as the Morgan Cup, so obviously its a last resort to try and get people quickly. The message goes on to say that they are hosting the "Ultimate Amateur Golf Event" and then gives details which are nothing more than a standard golf charity event with average swag and outrageous costs (hopefully going to a good cause).

I respond with unfortunately we will not able to assist since that is the same weekend as the Morgan Cup, our version of the Ultimate Golf Event Period. And attach a link.

The next response is "Im sure your small events are wonderful, but this one right here is getting major news from the local NBC affiliate and a golf company on Facebook".

My response said "that is wonderful news, I hope it is a huge success, and while I am sure it is great in its own right, our Morgan Cup is a bit different and kind of important around these parts".

Their response is "I dont have time to click links, but unless you are giving full bags to players that sign up, how could it be better?"

At this point I am thinking to myself this cant possibly be real, but I do the research and see that it is. So my next response is "I urge you to click this once and you tell me. We wish you the best of luck with your endeavor and look forward to hearing about it".

His response "Im just the organizer of this one, do you think you have an open spot in the Morgan Cup for me? Or does it fill up".

Just too much.

thank you JB, you made me spit coffee all over my desk

My right armpit has never felt this clean (think about it).

Hey Peter! how was the putting green yesterday!?
I bailed on it. Despite getting the green light, I'm shocked how sore my wrist is now that the cast is off. After rolling a few in the living room in agony, I figured I'd give it a few days.

I bailed on it. Despite getting the green light, I'm shocked how sore my wrist is now that the cast is off. After rolling a few in the living room in agony, I figured I'd give it a few days.

smart man

It would be funny if you did send THP'ers.

"Oh, is like 400 enough? A couple thousand? More people than you can count?"

When I had wrist surgery a few years ago, I was so excited when they said it was time to for the cast to come off. I asked if I could resume full activities right away and their response was, "umm.. okay". Ended up being a few days for the wrist to start getting used to moving around again.

4.5 hour flight. 3 hour time change. And then an hour drive and I'll be home!

...for 36 hours before flying to Utah.

4.5 hour flight. 3 hour time change. And then an hour drive and I'll be home!

...for 36 hours before flying to Utah.
And then for 3 days before mb??

And then for 3 days before mb??

Leave for Utah Sunday morning. Fly to Atlanta then Myrtle Wednesday. Then in Myrtle with you knuckleheads until Monday morning when I fly home.

Yeeeaahhhhh

Leave for Utah Sunday morning. Fly to Atlanta then Myrtle Wednesday. Then in Myrtle with you knuckleheads until Monday morning when I fly home.

Yeeeaahhhhh
The life of a spandex salesman

Yeeeaahhhhh

You sure managed to get a direct flight to Myrtle LOL.. Utah, ATL, Myrtle

You sure managed to get a direct flight to Myrtle LOL.. Utah, ATL, Myrtle

Since I'll be in Ogden for an event from Sunday till Wednesday, it was rather difficult finding a direct flight to Myrtle from Salt Lake City, so I routed thru Atlanta.

the-dar-155.jpg

Also, a little tip for all of my ice cream loving friends

horrible-life-hacks-10.jpg

Have you tried it. It seems like a really good idea.

:angel:

Haha. I have, then I proceeded to set a container full of chocolate on fire.

Since I'll be in Ogden for an event from Sunday till Wednesday, it was rather difficult finding a direct flight to Myrtle from Salt Lake City, so I routed thru Atlanta.

There is some nice golf in that area, I really enjoyed Wolf Creek. That being said I assume you won't have any time for golf.

It is a sad day here, many of you know my wife Lynne so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as her brother passed away this morning. She is now the last of the 4 siblings and this is very hard on her. Also lift up all or the rest of her family during this time. Thank you everyone in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back