The Rickie Fowler Thread

That was a great tournament for Rickie, it should give a lot of confidence.

I really enjoyed watching Rickie these past two days. One of these days he'll break through and win a major.

Butch Harmon is a genius. You can't even really see a difference but he is so much more consistent and even picked up some distance.

Nice to see him play well on a Sunday again.

Becoming a big fan of this guy.

It's been cool to see his effect on golf fans and especially young golf fans. When at the Bridgestone, can't tell ya how many high school-age kids and younger were in all orange and a Puma hat.

You going again this year? I hope he plays well there. His game is revolving into a real complete one and it's exciting to watch

Butch Harmon is a genius. You can't even really see a difference but he is so much more consistent and even picked up some distance.

Nice to see him play well on a Sunday again.
This. Kudos to both student and teacher on this one. It is really impressive that he's already got a swing that has stood up to the pressures of a major 3 straight times. (Tiger had injuries so it isn't an apples to apples comparison but generally it is interest to me that Fowler/Harmon have such great strides while Tiger/Foley has taken longer).

And he likes Pandas:

a2u6e7yj.jpg

My boy Rickie. Absolutely loved seeing him play well. Agree with all the comments about consistency since working with Butch. To me his putting seemed much much better this tournament as well. I think he's no long taking the bang it home every putt approach. I'm really really excited for him.

Also LOVE this.

The fact that he's excited about the Ryder Cup already has me all sorts of fired up!!

I love Butch Harmon's training video. I have it and will have to watch it again. Great coach. Probably the best out there. Tiger needs to go back to Butch.

I love Butch Harmon's training video. I have it and will have to watch it again. Great coach. Probably the best out there. Tiger needs to go back to Butch.

Not the right thread for this, but I'd have to disagree. I think he needs to go back to Hank, but we all know that will never happen.

So happy to see Fowler playing so well.
Like him or not it is good for the game!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

So happy to see Fowler playing so well.
Like him or not it is good for the game!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

He absolutely is! So many young guns out there see Rickie and I believe he makes the game "cool" for the younger generation.

He will have to look back at his putting on the front and wonder what if.

I'm impressed he hung in there and kept hitting good shots. But man if he sinks a couple more putts.

Im thinking come Valhalla he's got to be a favorite to win.

The Rickie Fowler Thread

Im thinking come Valhalla he's got to be a favorite to win.

One of the favorites for sure. There wasn't a blow up moment this week. Just didn't make enough birdies. Which is staggering to think about.

Last edited:
Awesome showing by Rickie at the Open. Hope he wins a major very soon. He appears rimed and ready to take that step in his career.

[/QUOTE]One of the favorites for sure. There wasn't a blow up moment this week. Just didn't make enough birdies. Which is staggering to think about.[/QUOTE]

Actually if I am not mistaken, he lead the field in birdies this week, he just needed to make some eagles on the Par 5's. Great showing no matter what and it truly does show that the work with Harmon is paying off.

With Ricky playing so great in the majors this season it's only a matter of time until he breaks through. I think it's great for the game with his popularity and now his game to back it up. Fun to watch

Those three bogeys on the back nine on Saturday were the difference...beyond that he played well beyond his years (again) on a huge stage.

Great to see Rickie pushing hard. Like him, the flat brim, or the orange outfits, or not...he is good for the game.

He absolutely is! So many young guns out there see Rickie and I believe he makes the game "cool" for the younger generation.

My 8 year old had to have orange polos for his golf lessons, because that's what Rickie wears. He's been begging us for an orange Puma hat and as soon as Cobra came out with their kids clubs, it's all he's wanted. And I can guarantee you, the same "DAD DAD DAD please!!!" I hear from him is being repeated in living rooms all over the place from kids who want to dress & be like him.

I was really impressed with the way Rickie hung in there all day today. He clearly was not under complete control, and in years/tournaments past, that would have equaled high 70s. This has got to be great experience to file away and get that first major in the next couple years.

Now if he would just lose the atrocious facial hair.

I am coming around on Rickie. I still think he needs to put in more work on his body. Rory has muscled up, and I think a little more strength would have helped Rickie a lot today.

67 on Sunday is awesome--Rory had just built up too much of a lead.

Great play by rickie today and loved hiss classic osu cowboy orange and black combo today. Rickie's low major scoring in 2014 showing his college dominance was not accidental but tribute to butch the man too

I am coming around on Rickie. I still think he needs to put in more work on his body. Rory has muscled up, and I think a little more strength would have helped Rickie a lot today.

Agreed he was sometimes 40+ yds behind Rory that being said. 3 Top 5s in the majors this year says tons about what Butch is doing for his game.

Back