The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I still believe he's the best player to play the game, in his period of dominance he played a game that has never been seen or duplicated before. If he wins more majors that's fine but if he doesn't that's fine too, it will never change the love I have for his game and the history he has made.

I think for me it's the fact that I still expect him to do the impossible, the come from behind where he steals the victory and says what are you going to do about it lol, or the shot that could never be hit by anyone and he sticks it to 5 feet. I hope we still see that on occasion just to remind us of how good he truly was, he's not washed up by any means, but he has doubt now where there was once solid confidence.

I still believe he's the best player to play the game, in his period of dominance he played a game that has never been seen or duplicated before. If he wins more majors that's fine but if he doesn't that's fine too, it will never change the love I have for his game and the history he has made.

I think for me it's the fact that I still expect him to do the impossible, the come from behind where he steals the victory and says what are you going to do about it lol, or the shot that could never be hit by anyone and he sticks it to 5 feet. I hope we still see that on occasion just to remind us of how good he truly was, he's not washed up by any means, but he has doubt now where there was once solid confidence.

I think he can be great again. God like, not so much, too much scar tissue in that life. But he can play and needs to get back to playing golf. He slow to make change and now that he is healthy I think we will see a change.

As you know, we can't play golf with doubt at out level. It's gotta be a killer at his level. When I turned on the TV I saw him scank his 2 iron from 256. Then I saw Duff daddy from a fee yards closer stuff a 6i. There is something wrong with that picture.

He has time to get back to winning but it happening with SF.

The swing they just showed in slo mo with the driver was beautiful, very reminiscent of the Tiger of old.

The guy won 5 times last year. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He has at least one green jacket left in him, I think. If he doesn't win the PGA or any of the majors next year, I'll start to worry about Jack's record.

It was frustrating to watch him never hit driver a couple of years back and have 200+ into most greens at The Open, but after the big stick's performance this week, I'm not sure what he's gonna do.

I've still yet to accept the fact he'll never be the dominant TW again, but man it sucks watching him play like this.

Here is another interesting stat.
No weekend rounds in the 60s for Tiger Woods since 2011.

I'm assuming that stat is just majors?

yes of course. Should have been more clear.

Still a mind blowing stat. And I'm almost positive that was the masters too so it's been 12 tournaments

That's a got to be frustrating for him.

That is the swing he had early in the week. he was strong into that left side like the TW of old.
The swing they just showed in slo mo with the driver was beautiful, very reminiscent of the Tiger of old.

Another interesting stat...Tiger has never won a major with a Nike putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another interesting stat...Tiger has never won a major with a Nike putter

That's sad, he needs to dump that thing lol. J/K I'm a Nike homer but that is an interesting stat.

It's a misleading stat. He hasn't won a major since 08. He switched to that putter in 2010. You could also say he hasn't won a major since the groove change

That's sad, he needs to dump that thing lol. J/K I'm a Nike homer but that is an interesting stat.

Lol...I'm sure he would do fine with any putter.

I think he can be great again. God like, not so much, too much scar tissue in that life. But he can play and needs to get back to playing golf. He slow to make change and now that he is healthy I think we will see a change.

As you know, we can't play golf with doubt at out level. It's gotta be a killer at his level. When I turned on the TV I saw him scank his 2 iron from 256. Then I saw Duff daddy from a fee yards closer stuff a 6i. There is something wrong with that picture.

He has time to get back to winning but it happening with SF.

I think that is the key to everything for Tiger. He needs to have that confidence that he can go out and hit any shot on demand. His game is pretty much based on being able to control the ball through distance and shape and sinking putts. He needs to get that confidence back in both areas. The only way it is coming back is with more practice and more competitive situations. He needs to get that killer instinct back.

I think people make too much of a deal about his driving when he has never really been that accurate off the tee. I looked at his fairways hit and he was only above 70% twice in his career.

I think that is the key to everything for Tiger. He needs to have that confidence that he can go out and hit any shot on demand. His game is pretty much based on being able to control the ball through distance and shape and sinking putts. He needs to get that confidence back in both areas. The only way it is coming back is with more practice and more competitive situations. He needs to get that killer instinct back.

I think people make too much of a deal about his driving when he has never really been that accurate off the tee. I looked at his fairways hit and he was only above 70% twice in his career.

You are correct he isn't the most and hasn't been the most accurate driver of the ball. But he never had a two way miss now he does. He made every put that counted and some that didn't. Now he makes nothing. He gets that putter working and gets back to playing one side of the golf course he will be fine. The putting and driving aren't happening with SF.

You are correct he isn't the most and hasn't been the most accurate driver of the ball. But he never had a two way miss now he does. He made every put that counted and some that didn't. Now he makes nothing. He gets that putter working and gets back to playing one side of the golf course he will be fine. The putting and driving aren't happening with SF.

You think it's just not trusting it? It seems like whenever he hits it left, he's trying to hit that released fade instead of the weak block fade and he just stalls and everything slams shut.

It's a misleading stat. He hasn't won a major since 08. He switched to that putter in 2010. You could also say he hasn't won a major since the groove change

That groove change was installed to limit the players' ability to bomb and gouge.

Hmm...

You think it's just not trusting it? It seems like whenever he hits it left, he's trying to hit that released fade instead of the weak block fade and he just stalls and everything slams shut.

No, he has a hitch in his swing when he gets after it. When the tempo is right he is fine. What kills me is that I saw the hitch three times and SF should have seen it.

No, he has a hitch in his swing when he gets after it. When the tempo is right he is fine. What kills me is that I saw the hitch three times and SF should have seen it.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess

Lol...I'm sure he would do fine with any putter.
Have you seen him putt lately? I remember when you KNEW he was going to make that 15 footer to save par and keep that lead. Now you're pretty sure he's going to miss that five footer for bogey.

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess

Put together a video of all the bad shots combined with his stats in the majors. Ask
him if he wants to win. The answer is yes and fix the hitch. It's easy like Sunday morning

Back in the day it didn't matter if he missed the fairway because he was miles longer than everyone else. High lofted club from the rough vs competitors hitting mid irons from the FW = advantage Tiger. The fact is other people are just as long off the tee so now his inaccuracy matters. Also, he can't hit that 3w stinger and out drive or be comparably long to the competition any longer. I believe I saw a GC stat that he had hit something like 89 tee shots with driver (as of Friday, maybe). I think it was 39% fairway and an almost equal percentage of misses left and right. That's atrocious by professional golf standards and it demonstrates the seriousness of his 2 way miss.

Have you seen him putt lately? I remember when you KNEW he was going to make that 15 footer to save par and keep that lead. Now you're pretty sure he's going to miss that five footer for bogey.
I really think the deterioration on the rest of his game has put a ton of pressure on his flat stick. Nobody can make that many pressure putts.

Put together a video of all the bad shots combined with his stats in the majors. Ask
him if he wants to win. The answer is yes and fix the hitch. It's easy like Sunday morning

You'd think that. It's pretty sad he has no trust with his driver. It's also pretty sad that his touch right now with the wedges and putter are atrocious. I know this was his 6th round back but man..

Back