Hole in One or Even Par?

I have never had a hole in one or even par round... with that said... give me a hole in one ANY DAY!

At this point, an even par round is not realistic for me, so I will say a hole in one. I have been close several times, just need that little extra bit of luck.

Right now it would be shooting a Par round. If that were common for me, then I would opt for hole in one.

Think I would lean towards even par. It's been said, but you could get a HIO just by dumb luck. There's no lucking into a par round.

I've never had a HIO, so I'd probably have to say that.

I'd take the ace. I've gotten pretty close to par and that is part of the never ending quest to improve. It kinda depends where the par round is played though too, but yeah, gimme the HIO.

I've never had either. I've come oh so close a couple time to a hole in one, even thinking that it might have gone in from tee box on one occasion only for it to be 1 inch from the hole directly behind the pin. I've come really close quite a few times to shooting even par just playing nine holes only to mess up the last hole or two. I haven't come super close to even par on 18. Ultimately, even par playing 18 holes is my goal. So I guess I'll say that, but I desperately want a hole in one, too.

100% agree that hole in one's are luck. A few scratch golfers I play with have never had one in 20 plus years and they regularly stick ball within a few feet of pins.

I would also add "regularly stick the ball within a few feet" option C

After starting this thread last weekend right after shooting a 73 I didn't think I'd scratch one of these off my list so quickly. Shot even par 72 for the first time yesterday afternoon. It's a great feeling!

I've been shooting level par rounds since I was a teen and yes it's nice but I'd dearly love to get an ace. I've hit the flag, lipped out etc etc numerous times but never got one in.

Even par on a tough course.

Never had a HIO. Been under par a bunch as a kid on an easy home course and once in the mountains at 8600 feet above sea level.

best round on a tough course is 75 which I had as a teen in NC mountains, in Houston on a tough course when 45. Since I turned 60+ best round is 81. I'm working hard to get under 80 and then under 75 at mu current age of 66. That would be a dream come true, a HIO if it happens it happens, two under on one hole goes a long ways toward a good low round.

I really want an even par round. My personal best round to date is an 86. So an even par around would be phenomenal by my current standards.

Par as it would beat my best by one. A HOI would be great but by itself wouldn't represent the current state of my game.

I really want an ace. At a friggin THP EVENT!

Some one did it at the MC.....

Tough one , I say even par . But on the other hand the ace is so so rare and exciting . Toss up

I say both in a round :)

Have shot even par once before. Was an amazing feeling. Still waiting on my first ace, and still have never been playing with someone when they have had one. So definitely a hole in 1 is my vote.

I wold have to go with HIO. You can work on your game and eventually have the skill set to shoot even par. Even with that skill set having the magical movement of a HIO may never happen.

Hole in one because more non-golf people would understand how awesome it is.

That, and even par would just be raising the bar and make me want to shoot under par.

Somebody ask #Cookie.

I'm gonna go with hole in one.

Apparently they sometimes get videoed with the best of people around and even come with a plaque! :)

Apparently they sometimes get videoed with the best of people around and even come with a plaque! :)
Love it, you my friend are legendary for sure.

I would rather shoot a score than a HIO, I would like to shoot my age!

Now you have an awesome HIO you can go for that even par now if you haven't hit one already.

Back