Boccieri Secret Putter Grip Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review, James. Love the green/blk color option.

The butt end grip weights aren't changeable, correct?

Well done, as usual, James. Heavy grips are not my thing but I could see those that favor CB putters definitely gravitating towards these now that more size / weight options are available.

Solid review. About time I give a counterbalance design some rolls. I could see some people enjoying that color scheme as well.

Good work James. I found the same thing with the midsize - it's much better if you have a head heavy putter. Great way to go CB on the cheap while still using a putter you like.

Loving the look, and this is at the top of the grip pondering list for post-MC. Seems like an easy and cheap way to counterbalance a putter head, and I'm curious to how one of these would do on a Smart Square.

Well done James! I've really enjoyed the regular secret grips on my wedges in the past, glad to see they've kept the performance going with the putter line. With all the new CB platforms out there, this really allows you to make any putter a CB version with just changing the grip, sounds quite easy!

Great review, James. Love the green/blk color option.

The butt end grip weights aren't changeable, correct?

You are correct sir.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, they're solid grip options, its such a traditional shape its likely going to come back to getting people to try them more than anything else.

Solid review James!

Sounds like the product is working as designed but it may take trial and error to find the right balance dependent on putter head.

This seems like a great option for the golfer that wants to try CB without getting a new putter or finding another ingenious way to add weight.

Good review and the grips sound interesting. Now, I might try something like that when its time to regrip my putter.

Great review, and I have to say I'm intrigued. To counterbalance a normal putter is quite intriguing. I like the different sizes that they offer, and it should be easy to find one that fits each individual preference.

Anyone else gave these a try?

I am strongly considering throwing one on the ex belly SeeMore Big FGP. With the head weight being at 400G, I am torn on a jumbo or regular grip. I prefer a jumbo, but I think that would make the putter entirely too heavy.

Anyone else gave these a try?

I am strongly considering throwing one on the ex belly SeeMore Big FGP. With the head weight being at 400G, I am torn on a jumbo or regular grip. I prefer a jumbo, but I think that would make the putter entirely too heavy.

You've got to remember, total weight will be heave, but in the stroke you won't notice total weight since you have attached your hands and allowed the balance point to play a role. Heavier in the hands will move the balance point further up the shaft from that 400g head and make it feel more balanced than head heavy.

The grips are solid, like I said in the review, GREAT shape, good textures, good look, feels good too. Its all about picking the size you want, plus they install no different than any grip so that is nice.

You've got to remember, total weight will be heave, but in the stroke you won't notice total weight since you have attached your hands and allowed the balance point to play a role. Heavier in the hands will move the balance point further up the shaft from that 400g head and make it feel more balanced than head heavy.

The grips are solid, like I said in the review, GREAT shape, good textures, good look, feels good too. Its all about picking the size you want, plus they install no different than any grip so that is nice.

This is exactly the info I needed!!

Gonna pick up the jumbo and throw it on the SeeMore before Sunday's round.

Jman... quick question.

Can you pull these grips off with air/pure gun? I put mine on over the weekend and I want to cut the putter down a little.

Jman... quick question.

Can you pull these grips off with air/pure gun? I put mine on over the weekend and I want to cut the putter down a little.

I'm no Jman, but I had no issue installing and removing mine with air gun

Great. Thank you very much.

did you try it on? what did you think of it?

I bought one, tried it on my birdieball, but have yet to go out with it. I installed it on my NC, and liked the weight and feel, but I wasnt sold on the shape and texture

did you try it on? what did you think of it?

I bought one, tried it on my birdieball, but have yet to go out with it. I installed it on my NC, and liked the weight and feel, but I wasnt sold on the shape and texture

I put one on my SeeMore Big FGP and I freaking LOVE it. Just makes the stroke feel so balanced.

I put one on my SeeMore Big FGP and I freaking LOVE it. Just makes the stroke feel so balanced.

I might throw it on my newport or my never compromise and go out with it

I might throw it on my newport or my never compromise and go out with it

I was kind of skeptical. But, I am a total believer.

Mine went on an ex-belly putter that has been cut down to 36". Felt so good all the way through the stroke. Definitely a heavier than normal putter, but it feels really good.

I was kind of skeptical. But, I am a total believer.

Mine went on an ex-belly putter that has been cut down to 36". Felt so good all the way through the stroke. Definitely a heavier than normal putter, but it feels really good.

I just installed my grip on my scotty and I putted for half an hour on my birdieball, and I liked it

I just installed my grip on my scotty and I putted for half an hour on my birdieball, and I liked it

Put mine into play over the past weekend and I freaking love it.

It just gives me such a good feeling stroke all the way through the ball.

Back