Kenny Giannini G6 Flow Neck Putter Review Thread

Gorgeous putter. Curious about the grip as well. Was it more tacky feeling or a soft smooth rubber?

Wow. Just gorgeous simple clean looking putter.

Gorgeous putter. Curious about the grip as well. Was it more tacky feeling or a soft smooth rubber?

Very tacky in hand. Smooth feeling as well, but it's sticky.

Classic, clean, great gun metal type of finish....nice putter overall!

I really need to roll this.

Good looking putter really like the face milling

Took the G6 out for its first nine holes last evening. In all, a successful first trip out. Shot a low nine hole score for me, with a birdie and a couple good par saves. Made and missed like normal people do.

A few things about this putter are definitely unique to it.

- The weight. ~360g isn't hugely heavy on paper, but for a flow neck blade like this it's certainly weighty. For me, that does change the feel of my stroke a little. Responds nicely to an even tempoed smooth pass at the ball.

- It sets up very square. Just really comfortable at address and easy to line up. The finish is very easy on the eyes and the aim line contrasts well with it.

- Fantastic feel. Trying to come up with a good comparison for people, but struggling a little. It's really soft/quiet at impact, with both a Tour ball and a soft cored surlyn ball. I'll keep looking for a good comparison, but so far it's sort of one of a kind to my ears. Consistent across the face - more than some other milled putters I have at home.

- Little thing, but the headcover is nicely made. A couple very strong magnets. Strong enough that they clamp down on the putter if you're not quick.

- The grip will be liked by most I suspect. It's soft and tacky - somewhat prone to picking up dust, but easy to wipe down. I still think I'd pop a Winn on there in a perfect world, but that's just preference.

Great feedback Hawk!

I love the looks of a solid flowneck and the ability to really feel the headweight in the stroke entices me.

Need to roll this one, would enjoy seeing more of this brand.

Really enjoyed your thoughts on this Hawk. Great looking putter. The weight seems to be something that I would like. And to hear you describe the sounds, one of a kind, I want to give this a try. Very interesting.

So. Pretty.

Great initial thoughts. Seems like its got a nice dense sound to it at impact, eh? I like a milled putter with a lower tone at impact, just makes it feel extremely plush.

I'm a sucker for a flow neck.

I wish you could check it out. It's so quiet. Like a little whisper.

I wish you could check it out. It's so quiet. Like a little whisper.

Its impressive, but with the material, milling, and the slot I'm not surprised. All the elements to make for an incredibly subtle sound and soft feel. Love putters like that, some don't I know, but man I do.

So my question is why do some slots make a putter sound tingy and others like this? Example would be a limited run Betti I had. Blech. Maybe it's no related to the slot at all, but that was my guess.

So my question is why do some slots make a putter sound tingy and others like this? Example would be a limited run Betti I had. Blech. Maybe it's no related to the slot at all, but that was my guess.

Mainly because its not a pure cut through and its width and location. It kills some of the vibrational feedback you would get by redirecting it and helps mute the tone a bit. Kenny is among the best I've experienced with that, its a tight rope with slots and what you will get. Cut all the way through like the old Ping's and you often get that high pitch ping-iness.

Bazinga. That's good info. Sort of suspected the depth had an impact, but always like to hear it from a person with more knowledge than me.

Bazinga. That's good info. Sort of suspected the depth had an impact, but always like to hear it from a person with more knowledge than me.

Its pretty cool, if you look at the rest of the putters you notice the slot location varies a little bit on some of the heads as far as closer to or further form the face. Kenny is one of the legends in putters, dude just flat out knows his stuff and makes gorgeous putters.

I'm a bit late, but wow! I'm a sucker for flow necks and gorgeous face milling, add in the heavier weight and gunmetal finish.....

Hawk,
Great write-up. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you spend more time with her.

Had a chance to roll this today and wow.

Absolutely gorgeous. The putter sets up so well and the weight is just perfect.

Had a chance to roll this today and wow.

Absolutely gorgeous. The putter sets up so well and the weight is just perfect.

They are terrific putters, he's been around a loooooooong time and knows his stuff for sure. My gosh I love a flow neck.

They are terrific putters, he's been around a loooooooong time and knows his stuff for sure. My gosh I love a flow neck.

The sound slot is perfect as well. The sound off the putter face is probably the best I have ever heard.

The sound slot is perfect as well. The sound off the putter face is probably the best I have ever heard.

Yep, most putter makers just cut a pure cut-through slot in their putters, these though with the variable location from head to head and non cut through do a TON for the vibration reduction and sound quality at impact. I bet it just feels extremely plush.

Yep, most putter makers just cut a pure cut-through slot in their putters, these though with the variable location from head to head and non cut through do a TON for the vibration reduction and sound quality at impact. I bet it just feels extremely plush.

It does. Like I said I can't get over the weight. It's just perfect and the flow neck....it just sets up perfect.

I'm sort of in the putter twilight zone right now, which isn't super awesome. With the MC coming up and this review, I've been moving back and forth between two very different putters and there's been some hiccups with speed control on lags. Such is life though.

Setup with the G6 is just about perfect to me. I get a pretty immediate sense that the putter is square to my line at setup and the shape works well with my eye. That wasn't really an accident of course, as I picked this model out for a reason. Still, the graceful lines of the flow neck and bumpers (that make it look so nice in hand) disappear and present a blade that frames the ball well. This was particularly helpful in the 3-7ft range, where I've seen good success on the golf course. It's a distance that often makes or breaks rounds for me, so I always look closely at that.

The milling on the face, the material used, and the slot combine to make a putter that feels pretty fantastic. I'll say that it's got a bit more click than something like a FIT face, but it's a nice soft click that would certainly appeal to pretty much anyone. The face doesn't make you scared that you are going to mar it in some way like some others out there either. It's eye appealing, but doesn't appear fragile if that makes sense.

Downside of the slot is that it can catch some sand if you're tapping down a divot mark.

Like I said, the back and forth between a seemingly light and wispy Cleveland #1 and this (at 360g) has been nothing short of frustrating, but some time spent exclusively with this in hand ironed it out. I struggled quite a bit early on in my last round, but as it progressed I found myself closer to the hole on lag putts.

It's a substantial putter in terms of weight, which I know is becoming more and more popular these days. I think I'd still gravitate towards something around 350g out of preference, but the gut tells me most others would take the extra heft. It certainly promoted a smooth stroke closer to the hole. It's not just head weight either. The whole thing feels heavier and not out of balance in any way.

I don't really have anything negative to say at this point. The slot can catch some sand, but aside from that - it's a very well constructed piece. Certainly worthy of being in the company of other boutique heavyweights and worth seeking out if you're into high end putters.

Had to take a small detour away from this b/c of the Morgan Cup, but put it back in the bag as soon as I could and finished up the review yesterday.

Can't really say enough nice things about it, though I certainly tried to in the review. Solid, solid putter. Obviously a splurge, though it's priced in line with the other boutique brands. A chance to have something unique, but still the assurance of quality that a resume like Ken's can provide. Major themes it seems Giannini sticks with are simplicity and doing the small things very well.

Gripped it up with my preferred grip and it's become quite the performer as well for me. Nothing wrong with the PURE - felt and looked really good - I just like my big giant Winn.

Back