Fujikura MCI Iron Shaft Review

I agree. Although I dont love the feel of the USTs either. Programs for me if I have a choice.

Those are the others that I have NEVER hit, kind of hard to believe. Ugh.

I dream of finding the graphite shafts that I really enjoy and just sticking to them, I'm a believer in the tech and tolerances.

Ok I have three rounds under the belt with these so while there is still plenty to come I would like to give my initial thoughts.

Trajectory: Fujikura labels this shaft as a mid to low launch and I find that to be acceptable. I think swing has a LOT to do with iron trajectory more than the shaft (See Rory playing probably the stiffest shafts made, Project X 7.0 satins IIRC and still hits the ball a mile high) but for my personally the flight is relatively similar to what I have seen from the DG X1's I have played for 10+ years. A High ball flight for me but penetrating, no ballooning whatsoever.

Spin: My numbers on the monitor were perfect but being a pessimist about those things I believe what my eyes tell me and they confirmed exactly what the monitor spit out. 7,8,9 irons land a hop before coming to a stop with little to no roll out. Wedges caught well will produce spin that you can back a ball up but not out of control like I was experiencing with my KBS Tours where I found back pins impossible to attack due to the spin I was generating. 4,5 irons launch and penetrate with roll out on the fairways, but enough spin to hold a green if you give it some room.

Feel: Once again subjective but having tested all the current major offerings (Other than Matrix Programs) I can say to ME these were decidedly better feeling both on mishits and flush shots (Not even close really) On your typical flush shot you feel almost nothing other than the stability of the shaft launching the ball like a rocket. On mishits is where these really shine. There is no twisting of the shaft and the ball stays on line on fat shots. Thin shots you are reminded you missed but it is anything but painful.

Summary: The price point is brutal, there is no denying it. However after hitting these I will never consider steel as an option ever again. My health is worth too much to me and the playability is just an added bonus. These offered me so much more than any shaft I have previously gamed it is unreal.

I know the sticker shock is painful, but do yourself a favor and if you get a chance hit these, you won't be sorry you did.

Once you get your numbers dialed in a bit I would expect things to get even better. Especially with the wedges.

It's one thing to say graphite can work for higher swing speeds, but it's another thing to really see it in person. Your trajectory and accuracy on full irons was spot on the holy grail of big boy iron shafts. Most impressive things I saw were 1) the height, distance, and accuracy of that 4 iron off the tee and 2) your ability to control spin with full swings. Having played as many rounds together as we have, not seeing you bring balls back 30 feet was something new and something I know you'd been wanting basically forever.

After swinging the wedges I have to say it's just a matter of time before I make the same move. They felt fantastic. I'd probably go up a weight from the 100's I have.

Once you get your numbers dialed in a bit I would expect things to get even better. Especially with the wedges.
It's one thing to say graphite can work for higher swing speeds, but it's another thing to really see it in person. Your trajectory and accuracy on full irons was spot on the holy grail of big boy iron shafts. Most impressive things I saw were 1) the height, distance, and accuracy of that 4 iron off the tee and 2) your ability to control spin with full swings. Having played as many rounds together as we have, not seeing you bring balls back 30 feet was something new and something I know you'd been wanting basically forever.

After swinging the wedges I have to say it's just a matter of time before I make the same move. They felt fantastic. I'd probably go up a weight from the 100's I have.

Yah the flight characteristics were just absolutely perfect. You are correct about the spin, being able to hit wedges that hop and stop on soft greens is something that I've never been able to accomplish, really hindering my ability to attack certain pin locations.

All in all i just can't picture a better fit for me on any level.

Pretty important side note . 36 holes this weekend and pain free today.

Shame these don't get more love. They are by far the best iron shafts I've hit.

What is the turn off? Fujikura has for so long made some of the best graphite offerings and these are nothing less than stellar.

What is the turn off? Fujikura has for so long made some of the best graphite offerings and these are nothing less than stellar.
I got to hit Hawks and loved them. Then saw price tag. I'm hoping to stumble across a poor man's graphite shaft

I got to hit Hawks and loved them. Then sae price tag. I'm hoping to stumble across a poor man's graphite shaft

You and me both. Price scared me away.

I like them quite a bit. Just prefer the Programs from Matrix.

Set of these on the bay for relatively cheap, but they are 1" under standard

Set of these on the bay for relatively cheap, but they are 1" under standard

Yeah, I saw that, I was thinking "Amanda is going to kill me" until I saw length. I could've remedied the .370 issue like Hawk did.

I'll keep holding out, someday some graphite will happen again for me.

Ever since having read the reviews I have been keeping an eye out for some, I would love to try these out but not for $900+ the Recoil in the APEX UT and the one I put in my 5 iron are working awful good.
I do seem to have to put a smoother but firm swing on them if that makes sense to get the distance and then it is very good. Thinking about what I just wrote, a smoother but firm swing always works better all though the set.

Wanted to give this thread a "Bump" to see if anyone as tried these in the last two years.
Found Hawks review and it read that he liked them however they were "Price Prohibitive"

I got impression, again only an impression, that the shaft was update for 2016 on the Fujikura site.

I think Jrod may have if im not mistaken

Back