The Rickie Fowler Thread

Agreed he was sometimes 40+ yds behind Rory that being said. 3 Top 5s in the majors this year says tons about what Butch is doing for his game.

Rickie isn't a short knocker by any means. Rickie is on the right path. Just a little more consistency and a hot putter is all Rickie needs. I didn't think this last year, but I really like what Rickie is doing on the course. I finally believe that he may an elite level pro pretty soon.

Ricky is my man now ... and I am an older fart ... I really like that he acknowledges the kids that are out there following him around ... seems to be a pretty class act.

Unfortunately Rickie and Sergio both ran into a buzzsaw this week... just like Rickie ran into a German buzzsaw at Pinehurst. Hopefully in the next couple of majors Rickie ends up being the player that can do no wrong and puts a choke hold on the rest of the field. It's crazy that somebody with only one PGA win in 5 years could be so consistently in the mix at the biggest of the big tournaments. My only wonder is how will Rickie hold up mentally if he gets in a position where hes tied or plus/minus one shot of the lead all day on Sunday. When you are chasing somebody with such a huge lead there is less pressure I would think than if you are one mistake away from giving it away or one good shot away from winning the thing. Regardless, Rickie has been awesome in the majors this year and I would love to see him be in contention at the PGA later in the year.

Really really starting to like Rickie!

My man Rickie. I was glued to my phone all round on Sunday watching is round on ESPN. He played the best golf I have seen him play yet. Probably the best he has putted the ball in sometime as well. He showed a lot guts on the back nine Sunday rolling in all those par putts he had. He did a great job of keeping Rory honest. A couple putts here and there and little Saturday back nine it could have been a different story.

I have really come around on Rickie this year. In the past I felt he was like a gimmick, the guy in the all orange gear. This year in particular, he seems to have really found his game and consistency. I was very impressed with his outlook going into Sunday, teamed with his great final round. He said something like, "I don't have anything to lose tomorrow". Then he went out and played great golf, had Rory stumbled any more than he did it could have spelled trouble for him. I really believe that Rickie will win a major in the next 2-3 years, and I never would have imagined saying that before this year.

Was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he had a marketing guy on talking about big names in sports. They were talking about Rory's impact on American marketing and then got to talking about Tiger Woods and the guy said there will never be another Tiger (just like there will never be another MJ) but the guy who could come close could be Rickie.

Was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he had a marketing guy on talking about big names in sports. They got to talking about Tiger Woods and the guy said there will never be another Tiger (just like there will never be another MJ) but the guy who could come close could be Rickie.
He does seem to have a hell of a lot of market abliity not a day on the couse goes by that i do not see a flat brimed Puma cap or a kid dressed in Orange head to toe

Plus he is turning into a very good player

Was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he had a marketing guy on talking about big names in sports. They were talking about Rory's impact on American marketing and then got to talking about Tiger Woods and the guy said there will never be another Tiger (just like there will never be another MJ) but the guy who could come close could be Rickie.
I think that will all depend on how successful he is on the golf course in the next few years.

I've always liked Rickie, mainly due to his classy personality and friendly demeanor.

However a good buddy of mine who is a teaching pro has always scoffed at him, saying he was all hype and there was no game behind the hype. Then when he started working with Butch he said he saw immediate improvment in his swing and liked where it might head. This morning he told me, it's unbelievable the changes Rickie has made and how they are holding up under pressure. He expects him big things from him going forward. Rickie has always loved match play and seemed to play well in poor weather.

Looks like he might have finally put together an overall game. Can't wait to see what he might do in the years to come.

I think that will all depend on how successful he is on the golf course in the next few years.
Obviously. :)

The guy was merely talking about potential, and honestly I think Rickie has the biggest potential out of all the current American golfers from a marketing standpoint. Whether or not that comes to fruition is anyone's guess.

Rickie has me so excited for his future. T5 in all 3 majors this year, and hasn't really shown any signs of his caving under the pressure everyone likes to dig on him about. I mean, a bogey-free 67 in the last round of a major is pretty freaking good when you're in the last group. Oh well, now he just needs to shave that mustache and he'll be my favorite for the PGA.

It took me a while to start liking Rickie to be honest, but as of last few years I've been a big fan. He seems to be down to earth and level-headed, and has a pretty good game to back it up. The latest article in Golf Digest highlights a bit of it, and I know it's media, but still paints a nice picture. I'll be looking forward to him staying on the map for a while, and will certainly cheer for him in each tournament.

I always liked Rickie (heck I still have his first puma golf shoe he released) but I always hated the all orange. The reason I loved Rickie Fowler on the golf course was because he had all the kids interested in golf, his game could be absolutely horrendous and I'd still like him for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rickie Fowler Thread

Another awesome major for him. Very impressed this past week

His orange isn't a gimmick its loyalty to his OSU cowboys

His orange isn't a gimmick its loyalty to his OSU cowboys

I think the orange has taken on a life of its own now, and is barely a tribute to OSU anymore.

I know that's why it originated. However, I think it's more associated with fowler than OSU these days in the golf world.

I think the orange has taken on a life of its own now, and is barely a tribute to OSU anymore.

I know that's why it originated. However, I think it's more associated with fowler than OSU these days in the golf world.

Agreed. And to hell with Choke State anyways.

Aww, he went to Stoolwater? Sheesh ... may have to rethink rooting for him.

All you Gooners should go find Anthony Kim and try to ressurect his career.

I love me some Rickie!

Rickie is not going to be close to Tiger in terms of marketing if he stays with Puma. It just doesn't have the same brand power as Nike in the US.

Oh come off it. Its a rivalry. A fun one when people take the sticks out of their rears.

Rickie is not going to be close to Tiger in terms of marketing if he stays with Puma. It just doesn't have the same brand power as Nike in the US.

I would like to see him go Callaway if he ever changes. Callaway clothing could use a major bump IMO.

Back