Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Houses too close to fairways. I pull an iron because I don't want the hassle.

Ball washer bone ****ing dry and the towel missing.

Water jug bone dry just there to mock you when you try the spigot.

Trash can overflowing from the weekend during midweek.

People who leave their tees stuck in the tee box.

Tee boxes where a slight slice aims right at another tee box.

Trees that grow from being slight obstruction to full on nuisance.

the lazily discarded seal tops of the top off PowerAde bottles, a real pain in the ass when looking for a ball - every time you think you find your ball and wander over it is inevitably some lazy ass's discarded seal .............. argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

seal_zpsf68ed43d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Slow play and Jack wagons hitting into you while the group in front of you is still putting out.

The group on 18 who decides to put up all their stuff with their cart parked right off the green.

Yesterday this happened, where a couple did this. No joke 15 mins just standing to the left of the green and i'd had a strong hook most of the day. So i wait, and wait, and wait until finally i'm like welp; this is their fault now. I hit... hook it pin high had to yell fore, but secretly I was smiling :).

Another pet peeve is people who see you're behind them waiting and hit a shot, don't like it then hit another one. I'm all for practice shots when you don't have 4 groups behind you, but if you're the bottle neck, start moving.

The guy who never sees his ball after he hits it and drives around aimlessly saying, "is that a Taylor Made"?

Canada Geese and their dung.

Today it was slow play and talking while people are trying to hit their shot!

Hitting two really sensible shots on a par five then fluffing or shanking the pitch...

Canada Geese and their dung.

I 2nd, 3rd, 4th this. Nothing worse than A.) stepping in a pile of their dung trying to make an approach shot or B.) Having a goose chase you around the course because you had the nerve to hit a ball 60 yds off target and go near it's spouse or offspring.

Also, people who clearly see that they hit into you and refuse to yell "fore", "heads up", or anything for that matter. I played my local track the other day and this foursome of duffers tees off on #1 while I'm on an adjacent hole/tee box. One guy slices his tee shot horribly and comes up about 10 yds short of me...no warning. Next idiot does the same thing but misses my head by about 6 inches - I could hear the ball whiz past me. Scared the sh** out of me! Again, no warning. They cruise over and see me giving them the stink eye and start wandering around nowhere near where they put their tee shots because they could see I was pissed. I finally told the guy who nearly hit me that his ball was over to my left and told him he needs to yell out next time he hits into someone like that. He response "there's no way my shot went that far right". I told him it did and pointed to his ball. He continued to wander around until I drove off then walked over to his ball and proceeded to slice his next shot. If you want to drink beer and act like a moron then hit up the local tavern and stay off the golf course.

You should have said, well if that's not your ball, I'll pick it up and gone and put it in your bag. Of course, my luck would be it would be a noodle or something like that.

Trash and litter. All of the obvious can bother me while playing, but a big part of playing, for me, is being outside in pleasant surroundings. Trash and litter strewn about bugs me.

My worst irritant is guys who take 5-10 practice swings and then hit it 20 ft. Then 5-10 more......just frustrates me..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Could you quit taking 15 practice swings and hit it already? Na!

I had an experience that was pretty unbelievable this weekend. I went out to play Sunday and got paired up with 2 high-school girls, both on their high-school golf team. These girls were good. They only played 9, but I'm guessing they were both right around 40 if not under it. I hung with them pretty well, shooting a 43. Needless to say, we weren't having a lot of wasted motion on the golf course. It was pretty much hit drives, hit approaches, 2-putt and move on.

However, the group in front of us was a foresome where apparently 2 of the golfers were bad, and 2 had apparently never played before. By hole 3 they had two holes clear in front of them. By hole 6 I could see nobody on the golf course in front of them. On hole 6 we were on the tee waiting and there were 3 groups backed up behind us. It was at this point I called the pro shop and politely asked if they could send somebody out to move this group along. They indicated they'd send the ranger over.

The ranger shows up and watches them putting for a moment. He see me standing 80 yards from the green slowly pacing around and the 2 girls I'm with probably 50 yards from the green. I give him a "we've been standing here forever" gesture and he waves back and then goes and looks at the now 4 groups backed up behind us. He then drives off without saying a single word to the offending group. I could not believe it.

Fortunately, my companions quit after 9, and I was able to jump ahead of the slow group at the turn when they went in to get food. Needless to say I had the whole course open in front of me and made it around the back 9 in just over an hour.

I agree with golfermahn, especially in regards to the packed down sand. I typically play well out of the sand, but I'm a new member at a golf course that has terrible bunkers. (it literally has rocks the size of toonies in it).
I also Can't stand thrashed greens. . . please fix your ball marks, and do your best not to tear the green apart with your shoes. . .

Guys who think they are whole lot better than they are.

Guys who think they are whole lot better than they are.

I usually play a lot better than this, I don't think I got enough sleep last night

I don't know what they are putting on the greens around here, but there were little tiny black/brown mud pellets stuck to my ball last night if it so much as touched the green. Hard to clean off. I have noticed this on the same course's practice green since I use it occasionally. Every time I touched my ball I just hoped that I wasn't wiping off bagged sh!t.

I don't know what they are putting on the greens around here, but there were little tiny black/brown mud pellets stuck to my ball last night if it so much as touched the green. Hard to clean off. I have noticed this on the same course's practice green since I use it occasionally. Every time I touched my ball I just hoped that I wasn't wiping off bagged sh!t.

Ohhh. You were

Hitting a great tee shot and getting it on the fairway only to find out that your ball rolled to a dirt patch and there are little pebbles underneath your ball. I dinged the sole of my 8-iron bc of that.

Yesterday there were 2 2somes and a 4some waiting at the 1st tee for a single that some how got out on his own. This kid was dressed like Rickie Fowler and teeing up at the tips. After topping his 1st drive for about 50 yards he tee'd up again and repeated his 1st shot for about 75 yards. He then drove to the 1st ball and shanked it right into the trees THEN walked to the 2nd and hooked it into the trees on the left. to make matters worse he walked to BOTH balls and hit them both again. I think he was laying 15 with 2 balls and not even on the green, that was when I grabbed the starter and pointed out to him that the course was crowded and he needed to pair up this kid with a 2some or refund his money and tell him to come back when it wasn't so busy.

These are normally same guys who try and give tips to other guys in group even though he is shooting 20 shots worse than everyone else !

On the practice range Tuesday, a father brought his son (12ish) and daughter (10ish) with him, which I admire, don't get me wrong. He then gave them both little pep talks on the basics and generally encouraging them. Cool. Now, this dude teed up right behind me, and almost hit me about 4 times with shots off the toe. His swing was worse than either of his kids, and he had NO business telling them what they were doing wrong. Generally, he was actually correct, but he didn't take any of his own advice, because he only hit one good shot I saw and that was a driver to about 170. The rest of the bucket was either topped, sliced, or toed off in my general direction. Please get lessons for your kids if you want them to take up the game, or just shut up and let them have fun their way. I'm pretty sure his son was looking at him all WTF-like when he tried to help him.

Back