Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
How many of you went to one and hated it? I got a Sunmountain hybrid and I am thinking of going back to the 7 way. I am OCD but this may be too OCD for me.

i just switched back to a 4 way top from a 14 but mainly to cut down on weight for carrying....

I'm also not the biggest fan of the 14 way too. No real reason, I just think my clubs (and alignment rods, etc.) fit batter in a different top.

Give it some time.

I actually didn't like mine that much at first either, but if you get it set-up correctly, and learn to at and extra second each time you put a club back, it's pretty nice.

When I'm carrying, the bag always gets set down to my right, so I make sure to put the short clubs in any given row on the left hand side (so I can see them when I stand next to the bag).

If you are facing the bag it looks like this: (facing the bag, the shorter clubs go on the right)

D 3H Putter
4 5 6 7
8 9 PW AW
SW LW

If it's strictly a cart bag, then I don't know if 14 way is the way to go.

I hated it. Went to a staff bag and now a stand bag with 7 way top. I just struggled with the 14 way having larger grips. They would constantly get stuck on something.

I had a 14 way and will never go back. I don't like how the clubs aligned I'm ocd about how the clubs sequence in the bag and all the 14 way top's have them sitting odd to me.

I have a 15 way divider and love it. Every club has its place and the extra slot can be used if Im trying out n extra club or if im bringing a training device to the range.

I have a 15 way divider and love it. Every club has its place and the extra slot can be used if Im trying out n extra club or if im bringing a training device to the range.

Same, I could use a different style divider system, but the 15 way (14 way top with an outside putter slot) is by far my preferred system. Every club has a place, and I even have a designated spot for my alignment rods.

I'm one that tried it and loved it, my cart bag and my carry bag are both 14 way to satisfy my OCD self. Everything has a place and everything stays in its place. :smile:

I bought a Callaway cart bag late last year that is a 14, but the clubs are getting hung up and I'm tired of having to pull them out with both hands, so it is on timeout with my Callaway clubs.

I'm using just a standard 7 way and it is working fine.

I bought a Callaway cart bag late last year that is a 14, but the clubs are getting hung up and I'm tired of having to pull them out with both hands.

Same here. Although I really like my Bennington it has become a spare club holder and either the TMX2 or the R1 staff carry my clubs. The Bennington holds the not in play stuff.

Last edited:
My knock on 14-way is club setups occassionally needing changed, so headcovers are blocking line-of-sight, if I am using my pushcart and then switching to a golf cart. And, I'll move woods/hybrids around depending on whether I am the driver or the passenger.

I play only with 14 clubs so mine doesnt really bother me

I just switched to an Ogio 14 way cart bag and it is a vast improvement over my old bag. I do understand the sentiment of the clubs sometimes catching on the divider but beyond that I'm more than happy with the purchase.

I have been using one (with 15th slot putter well) for a little over a month that I got from a fellow THPer and like it fine thus far. I had always used lightweight carry bags with 2 - 4 way dividers so it is nice to know where every club is going to be every time now.

I like the 14 way divider for a cart bag, but not a stand bag. Too heavy. But it works in the cart because I like to be a little ocd

I've had one Sun Mountain with 14 dividers and I didn't like it. They always got stuck with my midsize-plus grips. I have the Callaway from the Grandaddy, but I need a bigger top with at least one more divider...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned both 14 way stand and cart bags. The key, to me, is to have a bag with 14 FULL length dividers. My first bags had a 14 way tops only and my clubs seemed to hang up regularly going into the bag (hitting on other grips) or pulling another club partially out by hanging up on the other club(s) grips. My full length 14 way divided bag solves the that problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I've owned both 14 way stand and cart bags. The key, to me, is to have a bag with 14 FULL length dividers. My first bags had a 14 way tops only and my clubs seemed to hang up regularly going into the bag (hitting on other grips) or pulling another club partially out by hanging up on the other club(s) grips. My full length 14 way divided bag solves the that problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I agree. Full length dividers make a lot of difference. Otherwise, purchase a 9" cart bag and buy individual plastic dividers. But then they will add weight.

I've had one and it's not for me. Too much trouble putting in several or more clubs in after carrying them to a shot.

Bought a 14 way for a trip this Wednesday ... Where do you put the umbrella thingy that protects your clubs while traveling ... It supposed to fit in the bag like club ... But if 14 clubs are already in it?

Bought a 14 way for a trip this Wednesday ... Where do you put the umbrella thingy that protects your clubs while traveling ... It supposed to fit in the bag like club ... But if 14 clubs are already in it?

No putter well?

There is supposed to be an external umbrella slot somewhere. Have you seen some people carrying clubs on one hand and an umbrella on the other while heading to the ball? I think it is such a hassle.

I really like my Sun Mountain Four5, but midsize grips do get hung up a bit. Still a great bag overall though. As a plus nothing really moves around now either.

+1 on the full length dividers if you don't walk/carry. I hate grips sticking and pulling on each other.

When I travel, I put the Club Glove umbrella thing in the driver slot and make sure it's higher than my driver, figuring that will protect everything else. So far, so good...

Back