Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Agreed buddy. I typed one up last night, but it's so long winded I'm not sure anyone will read it lol. I plan on doing a video recap as well when I get some time to do so.

You'd be surprised how many WILL read it. I'll get a cider ready.

You'd be surprised how many WILL read it. I'll get a cider ready.

Haha might want to make it two buddy. I put a lot of thought into it and it's still not enough to capture how this experience made me feel.

Agreed buddy. I typed one up last night, but it's so long winded I'm not sure anyone will read it lol. I plan on doing a video recap as well when I get some time to do so.

I will watch and read all of what is posted by you guys!
Your point of view, your experiences are awesome to read/view!

I'll read it! I do like the video recaps, but in many ways I like the written one's better. I think its cool that you plan to do both.

I'll read it! I do like the video recaps, but in many ways I like the written one's better. I think its cool that you plan to do both.

Thanks Barry. Going to post it now. I wanted to just get behind the keyboard and start typing last night while it was all fresh. I know I'm still missing things and hopefully be able to cap em in the video.

One quick thing I want to say is that we were treated like royalty by the staff and TB/Caledonia. I don't know when or if I'll be back in Myrtle Beach, but if I am - you'll know where to find me. Just for the way they treated us alone. Then you add in that the courses were spectacular.

Team THP went out for a quick dinner on Thursday night at a local bar & grill and happened to run into Bob, who was sort of the main guy for the resort/courses. Five minutes later we have a table full of apps, shots, and beers courtesy of him. The guy came out to have some drinks with us and continually reminded us of just how highly they think about THP. Truly felt like a king and we weren't even on site.

Im with you. Prefer written as I can read at my own pace and not worry about needing sound. Both are fine and frankly none are expected. Just a place for those that want to, to share their experience.

I'll be reading it!!!

very cool read. Im ready to see what THP has in store.

I look forward to and will read it all, along with everyone else's. But it will have to be on my computer not phone as my old eyes have trouble reading anything remotely long on the phone...lol

I so need to concentrate on work today but will need a break after reading that and have everything come flooding back. Such a tremendous event and it was the people along with JB's vision and a lot of hard work by many to make it happen.

One quick thing I want to say is that we were treated like royalty by the staff and TB/Caledonia. I don't know when or if I'll be back in Myrtle Beach, but if I am - you'll know where to find me. Just for the way they treated us alone. Then you add in that the courses were spectacular.

Team THP went out for a quick dinner on Thursday night at a local bar & grill and happened to run into Bob, who was sort of the main guy for the resort/courses. Five minutes later we have a table full of apps, shots, and beers courtesy of him. The guy came out to have some drinks with us and continually reminded us of just how highly they think about THP. Truly felt like a king and we weren't even on site.

dinner that night was so cool. Very nice of Bob to surprise us with some food and drinks. He just kept saying how much he loves when our group(meaning THP) comes down to this area. I believe Cookie ended up giving him one of the Burger Headcovers.

Oh and I want to add this. Year in and year out, True Blue has been just one fantastic and welcoming place for this event. Caledonia on the other hand was just always a little different. Not this year. Everyone at Caledonia couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming during the times I was there. It was great to see.

So much win in that first post. Words won't come close to expressing how much fun this event was from start to finish, but 40 of us are sure going to try. It can't describe the excitement and anxious feeling you get when you stand on the tee box and hear your name called. It can't explain the adrenaline rush you're feeling, or the knot in your stomach as you know that your team is now counting on you. I'd always felt a little bit of nerves at an outing or invitational, but not like that. I think my hands stayed pretty still when teeing up the ball, but they sure didn't stay dry in that humidity. That doesn't help the nerves any when you're also concerned about sending the club flying out of your hands.

Tour professionals and high level amateurs say there's no rush or thrill like tournament golf. You can't feel it in a friendly money game the same way you do when a big event is all on the line. They're absolutely correct. 40 of us got the thrill of a lifetime for a weekend. There's no way to fully describe it, and no way to thank Josh and Morgan enough for it.

I'm really bummed that I will never play in a Morgan Cup. However, like so many others, I'm anxiously awaiting Legacy and hoping to be a part of it whatever that entails.

How much detail (or lack of) would you prefer about the actual matches JB?

How much detail (or lack of) would you prefer about the actual matches JB?

I think people can use their own judgement. Being that the winners have been announced, they can give that info in detail if they would like to.

I think people can use their own judgement. Being that the winners have been announced, they can give that info in detail if they would like to.

Thank ya sir.

Did the Morgan Cup create your legacy...Or has that yet to happen?
Legacy Is Coming...Get Ready For The Ride!
I can't wait for the amazing ride that is upcoming for all of us!

Following along with this year's cup was a true treat, so many great updates from all the volunteers, and true emotion in the participants thoughts. I can't wait to read, watch and enjoy everyone's recaps! You've set the bar high with the first Josh!

I will say this, no amount of preparation gets you into a mode where you step up to that first tee and feel calm. On Saturday on the range I though I was ready. I even piped my first drive long was still in what I thought was a good zone. Then when I had to decide to layup or go for it into that elevated green it hit me like a 50 ton wrecking ball. This shot could mean a loss or a win and all of the sudden I was overwhelmed. It took 4 holes before I was even able to hold a club without shaking and wondering if this shot was going to win or lose the hole for my team.

I can't wait for the amazing ride that is upcoming for all of us!

Following along with this year's cup was a true treat, so many great updates from all the volunteers, and true emotion in the participants thoughts. I can't wait to read, watch and enjoy everyone's recaps! You've set the bar high with the first Josh!

Icey, it was truly different that last year. Crazy different. Doesn't take away from our time and experience that we all shared in but it was really nice to see another side of this event grow into what JB was shooting for the whole time.

I will say this, no amount of preparation gets you into a mode where you step up to that first tee and feel calm. On Saturday on the range I though I was ready. I even piped my first drive long was still in what I thought was a good zone. Then when I had to decide to layup or go for it into that elevated green it hit me like a 50 ton wrecking ball. This shot could mean a loss or a win and all of the sudden I was overwhelmed. It took 4 holes before I was even able to hold a club without shaking and wondering if this shot was going to win or lose the hole for my team.

You settled down very well as I recall :) We were both overwhelmed the first two holes and then started to settle down a bit by #3. I will add that I have never experienced nerves like having a team of people depending on you--Now that I have felt it, I want some more!!

Icey, it was truly different that last year. Crazy different. Doesn't take away from our time and experience that we all shared in but it was really nice to see another side of this event grow into what JB was shooting for the whole time.

Makes me even more sad I missed out on it this year! But can't wait to soak it all in. Bring on the videos!

It's hard to put into words how one of my favorite people tells stories, but if pictures could speak, I hope these offer some justice. He had Parshooter36 and AMart absolutely rolling. (early apologies for the arctic legs, I wasn't trying to be super obvious while capturing greatness)

Wicked cool bearded man, you are one of the greats.

je2u5aha.jpg

usu2usuv.jpg

de9a9aje.jpg

enyme8a5.jpg

ahe2y7yq.jpg

Thanks for the recap JB, you captured the event very well. THP also made it an exciting event for those of us who followed along here!

I believe I have one of the best Legacy already, six4three5, my son, a very good golfer, a better man and soon to be the best husband, who could ask for more?

And if you know me by now, you will know that I could never leave all of the above without something fun...So here goes.

Oh C'mon, always with the teasers! Great recap JB. I always enjoy reading the recaps from events. Even if I'm not there, I feel like I get to share at least a part of the joy of events like this. Looking forward to all the other recaps.

~Rock

Back