DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

If anyone ever gets down around Port Aransas Palmilla Beach Golf is a must play course. It is a very tough course but it is awesome. Triplebogietim and I had a great time playing it today and it kick our butts! I have pictures posted in the Live round thread but here is Tim
u5yge8y8.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone ever gets down around Port Aransas Pamilla Beach Golf is a must play course. It is a very tough course but it is awesome. Triplebogietim and I had a great time playing it today and it kick our butts! I have pictures posted in the Live round thread but here is Tim
u5yge8y8.jpg

I will second that....great course in great shape.....but it's target golf...if you miss a fairway, the ball is lost...there is no finding it!

I think we all should pick a time in the fall or spring and rent a condo and a bunch of us make a weekend out of it!

I will second that....great course in great shape.....but it's target golf...if you miss a fairway, the ball is lost...there is no finding it!

I think we all should pick a time in the fall or spring and rent a condo and a bunch of us make a weekend out of it!

How far was the drive for you Tim?

How far was the drive for you Tim?

It's about 1:45 minutes from my house....depending on how long you have to wait for the ferry

September 13th at The Cliffs Resort

1. 3BD
2. #cookie
3. afwcardinal
4. Baldguy
5. ImaBeRealReal
6. Darin--3bd friend
7. TexasBubba...maybe
8. Niteowl...maybe
9. captdru...maybe

Cliffs-at-Possum-Kingdom-Lake-1.jpg

Bump

Last edited:
September 13th at The Cliffs Resort

1. 3BD
2. #cookie
3. afwcardinal
4. Baldguy
5. ImaBeRealReal
6. Darin--3bd friend
7. TexasBubba...maybe
8. Niteowl...maybe
9. captdru...maybe

Bump

Just FYI, I've been notified that I have to go back overseas (Amsterdam this time) in the general timeframe that we're planning this trip. I doubt there will be a direct conflict, but since they don't have exact dates yet I thought I'd mention it just in case. I'm really pushing them to get the trip done before the end of august... before the AA 25k bonus mile promotion ends :)

Welcome Mike. How is the new job coming? Im at the GolfETC in Mansfield about once a week, if you ever make it back down there.

New job is great! Lots of challenges and much better pay. Finally getting used to having a desk job. Keith is an awesome store owner there in Mansfield. The new gig being the brand manager for VEGA, Shimada, Iguana, and Radius is really interesting. Great family of golf brands I'm working with. My new VEGA irons and wedges are sexy. I'll have to get out at one of these THP DFW outings and show em off.

New job is great! Lots of challenges and much better pay. Finally getting used to having a desk job. Keith is an awesome store owner there in Mansfield. The new gig being the brand manager for VEGA, Shimada, Iguana, and Radius is really interesting. Great family of golf brands I'm working with. My new VEGA irons and wedges are sexy. I'll have to get out at one of these THP DFW outings and show em off.

That would be great. Those VEGA irons intrigued me when I saw thrm on your facebook

Hi guys......missed you all. You should go check out the MC threads when you get a chance and see what your DFW brothers did to represent over there in MB!!! I missed you guys!

Assuming the sale happens, Glen Garden will lock the gates in November.

So, we have plenty of time. My concern is that, the closer that date gets, the less course maintenance that will happen. My B-IL played there last week and said the course was "lush", which is uncharacteristic of "The Garden". Historically, it's hard/firm/fast, with small greens that require a lot of Texas Wedge and a lot of links style, land it short and run it on, golf.

I agree. Sooner the better. PM or shoot me some dates where you think you could play and let's make it happen. Mine right now are Aug. 16th-17th most anytime and then not again till Labor Day weekend.

Hi guys......missed you all. You should go check out the MC threads when you get a chance and see what your DFW brothers did to represent over there in MB!!! I missed you guys!

I know many of us have been following along, from your dominating play, to cookies hole in one to Ward bringing home the hardware, we were well represented and cheering for you guys the whole way.

Now when can we see this new gear?! :)

I agree. Sooner the better. PM or shoot me some dates where you think you could play and let's make it happen. Mine right now are Aug. 16th-17th most anytime and then not again till Labor Day weekend.

I know many of us have been following along, from your dominating play, to cookies hole in one to Ward bringing home the hardware, we were well represented and cheering for you guys the whole way.

Now when can we see this new gear?! :)
As Aaron said, some of us were following along closely. Everyone from the DFW crew rep'd this area amazingly. You guys were all fantastic. Impressed with how, people that bet against you paid dearly for it. Cookie showing everyone that he has a beautiful swing. Fantastic ACE. And Ward showing that working with the DFW crew can help bring home the prize.
I was very impressed with everyone that participated in the MC, but I was really happy to see/hear how you DFW crew performed.

GG just punched their greens. Buddy said it was real rough putting. Assuming they did it properly, the greens should be nice on the 16/17th. I might be playing there this Sunday, with my Bro-IL. I'll let you know how it looks.

Who else got the Cowboys deal? Looking to use it the the weekend of 8/9 or 8/23. That work for anyone else?

Also have Sky Creek that I need to use on those weekends after 11AM either day.

Who else got the Cowboys deal? Looking to use it the the weekend of 8/9 or 8/23. That work for anyone else?

Just let me know when. I'm have both. Not sure if anyone else got these though. It may just be the two of us.

Hello new to DFW area, moved up from Houston in 2010, and new to THP. Heading to NM mountains for 6 of.the next eight weeks so cat make this one but look forward to one soon.

Not familiar with most of the courses mentioned yet. I play Watters Creek most Saturdays and ridge view ranch, the Bridges in Gunter, trails of Frisco and heritagee entrance most week days with a couple of groups. I've heard good things about Cowboy Club and Sky Creek but not played the yet. Have enjoyed the great options around the area including Stevens Park, historic Cedar Crest and Tennyson.

I may have an expired Sky Creek that I could use. The 9th is out for me, ill be out of town.

have a playing lesson scheduled for the morning... here's hoping the rain holds off.

I don't have any of those mentioned deals, unfortunately =\

Just let me know when. I'm have both. Not sure if anyone else got these though. It may just be the two of us.

Let's try for Cowboys next weekend. Day preference?

Let's try for Cowboys next weekend. Day preference?
Just a heads up, I believe Shane# is thinking of coming down this way on the 9th. I will contact him and see what's up. The 9th is when my vacation starts and I was going to stick around for a round out two of golf with him.
I would like to play next Saturday for sure though.

I just shot Shane a pm. Will see if he is still planning on heading this way that weekend.

Sounds good, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back