The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final layout for the grill session has brisket, ribs, drumsticks, beer brats, and beef jerky. One hour till I flavor inject the brisket

Finally went and bought a new grill last night, I'e been about a year and half without one and just using my Colman Roadtrip tailgating grill. I just tired of messing with that and just got something inexpensive last night to get me through for bit. Picked up a Brinkman 3 burner with a 4th side burner for 160 bucks last night. Picked up a thermometer to install in the lid as it doesn't have one. Its no egg, and its not exactly what I want, but it will get the job done till I can afford an egg.

Anybody ever done scallops on the grill? I've been experimenting with different ways to cook them (my wife and I's favourite seafood besides snow crab) and tried it on the grill yesterday. Texture wise they turned out great but they didn't have a ton of flavour. I just threw them on a veggie tray and cooked them like that with some salt/pepper/garlic. Maybe they'd have more flavour if I put them on some tinfoil and tossed in some butter?

Anybody ever done scallops on the grill? I've been experimenting with different ways to cook them (my wife and I's favourite seafood besides snow crab) and tried it on the grill yesterday. Texture wise they turned out great but they didn't have a ton of flavour. I just threw them on a veggie tray and cooked them like that with some salt/pepper/garlic. Maybe they'd have more flavour if I put them on some tinfoil and tossed in some butter?

Olive oil and a touch of smoked paprika will help it out. IMO, scallops are more about a melt in your mouth texture than pure flavor. If its a gas grill, I'm not sure that it will make much of a difference compared to a stove top.

I coat scallops with a good olive oil and sprinkle on some type of season salt. Then grill for only a few minutes, so that they are still almost raw inside. Squeeze on some fresh lime juice, and yum!

THose using Olive Oil must be cooking at lower temps I am guessing because the smoke point is sometimes less than 400 degrees and the flavor gets quite bitter at that point. Extra virgin that is. The refined oil can usually withstand closer to about 450 or so.

THose using Olive Oil must be cooking at lower temps I am guessing because the smoke point is sometimes less than 400 degrees and the flavor gets quite bitter at that point. Extra virgin that is. The refined oil can usually withstand closer to about 450 or so.

As long as you re coating the scallops and not the pan. Since its typically a quick sear (about 2 min), I don't think the oil will reach.the flash point that quickly.

Chicken and beer of course

uby8e5a7.jpg

Also planned on cleaning the clubs while grilling..... Ehh didn't really happen haha

vumyry6u.jpg

unuzu8ap.jpg

Ribeyes and chicken

Not really sure what cut these were but they were easy to grill and tasted great. I used 2 different rubs

anytyte4.jpg

u6ybe4et.jpg

Wiiiiing time!

I forgot to take a picture last night, mainly because it was dark, but i had my first attempt at a grilled pizza last night and it was amazing. After having the local grilled pizza truck and now making my own grilled pizza, i have no desire to have oven pizza ever again.

These are on the grill as we speak...

Yep. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. It's a fairly inexpensive Brinkman. Does good. I put a thermometer in the lid and it holds temp fairly well. Had it rolling at about 400 for the pizzas, it held 350 in a cold rain on Tuesday. Probably going to look into a smoker next year or build a drum smoker.

Boneless country style ribs tonight
e4u2e9u3.jpg

Baked potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, and chicken and veggie skewers on the grill tonight.

You want the recipe?

If it's in the grill....it's me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back