Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Watching WCHM on the first tee during the practice round was hilarious! A mixture of to much caffeine, ADHD, and shear excitement. Dude was pinging. There were a ton of laughs that round!

Dude was ALL over the place. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard for 9 holes in my life. Only time I could think of laughing hard and longer is when I saw him pull off the 187 yard shot from the pine straw. I was so in awe I couldn't stop laughing at what I just saw.

I have some shout outs

Vman - I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have been one of my favorite people on THP. You always seem to be upbeat, you play a ton of golf and are so easy going. I'm very happy for you and glad you are a hall o famer and Morgan cup champion.

Mward - dude you are one of a kind. I'm proud to call you a friend and I'm sorry I called you a little hitler. You did what you do and won the MC with a great bunch of guys. I give you a hard time and you take it like a champ.
Resilience is in your blood and genuineness in your heart. You need to bottle that energy you have and sell it because it's contagious and rubbed off on your guys. Well done sir!
MORGAN CUP WINNING CAPTAIN! How does that feel! Congrats!

Pete I was so shocked to see you at media day. It kind of made my day to be honest. My heart broke when I heard about your accident. You worked so hard to come so close had to kill you. I have no clue what was going through your head. But it was classy for you to come and hang with all of the crew.

Donnie- there is something some calming about being around you. Something so true, something I'd like to find in my life. It's a level of peace and calm with yourself. One of the nicest men I know and from what I can tell one hell of a captain. Seeing you in your element was cool and watching you play a few shots just made me happy. Few deserve a spot but I think you did and you made the most of it. Can't wait for Gauntlet!

Trout - you sir are special to me and always will be. I admire your game and wish I had your action. I know life hasn't been perfect for you but one would never know by the way you carry yourself. Cool as the other side of the pillow. I'm glad we didn't play each other but were able to enjoy the moments we had. Keep doing you because you is what the world needs.

Spicoli - long John is a better name. I've admired your distance since mission inn at the Callaway apex launch. I knew you had game and have wanted to trade swings with you when it mattered. After seeing you no the range I'm glad I didn't draw you in singles. Jimmy was all I could handle and I fear I would have tried to chase you all day. Mad respect for your game bro!!

Mojo - boy we traded text, phone calls and messages over the last 8 months. I listened in disbelief at your fitting story and offered what advise I had. It seems to all worked out and for that I am glad. I watched you everyday and the looks on your face told the entire MC story. Joy, frustration, happieness, exhaustion, concern, giddiness and silly. Glad I was able to spend a few moments with you last week. See you soon.

Calming is the perfect way to describe Donne. There is a reason why each every member of team has so much respect for him. The guy knows the right thing to say at the right time.

I appreciate the kind words, Freddie. Coming from you that means everything. One day we will play together and I can't wait for it to happen.

Recap #1 - Special Thanks

I first want to thank more than a few people....in no particular order.

Hawk- Thanks for letting me know I was at the wrong gate and getting me a ride to MB. I would have eventually figured out I was in the wrong terminal, but not sure if it would have been in time.

Cookie - Thanks for giving me a ride. I would have gladly taken a cab and can't thank you enough for helping a brother out. I really enjoyed talking with you and Hawk on the ride to the villas as it gave me a clearer picture of what THP was REALLY all about.

Donne - Thanks for everything. I know I can be difficult and for lack of a better term pissy at times, but you put up with it none-the-less. I have no idea how you dealt with both Jeremiah and I at the same time. Your leadership and friendship is something that I'll never forget. There were many times when you talked me off of a ledge or talked me out of saying something that I would regret (see Canadan's recap about our "beef"). I like and respect all of the other captains, but I wouldn't have had the same experience as I did with you. From the moment we met outside of Atlanta that morning in March I knew that we would be friends well beyond the Morgan Cup. You always took the effort to make sure that all of us were making the most out of our journey. You're an awesome person and I can't really put anymore superlatives together that would convey how grateful I am that you picked me. I think what sums it up best is that you drove from your home in Tennessee to play a single round of golf with me. Just awesome....

Jeremiah - Dude......I thought that they destroyed the mold after I was born, but clearly they didn't. You are definitely my brother from another mother. Like Donne, I knew once we met that we would get along just fine, and maybe better than most. I've got so many great memories of that first round come to mind. I guess we can start with the first 5 minutes in that golf cart where I shared my views on a certain profession that involves "making it rain". Next, up would be me dry humping your golf bag for no other reason than my own entertainment. I'll never forget our phone and text conversations about the event, what equipment we were going to go with and just life in general. Our practice round set the tone for the entire weekend. You and I saw each other at the course and it was like we had been best friends for ever. I clearly remember Donne saying at one point, "I'm so glad I only have to play 1 round with you two. I feel really bad for Trout, Numbers, ATL and Neb. They have no idea what they are in for with you guys." You and I pushed each other that round, but at the same time had a ton of fun. After our round Paladin told his wife, "Yeah....Jeremiah and Adam are insane together. It's good thing Donne put them together because I'm not sure anyone else would be able to keep it together for 18 holes with them. They constantly poke fun at each others bad shots only to do everything short of make out when they hit good ones." I really think what describes our time playing together is after the ATL/Neb machine ran through us and I was having, "problems with my contacts", you put your arm over my shoulder, and told me, "I love you man!" I'll talk more about our matches and staff sponsor day in chapter 2.

Nate - BIG TIME!!!!! You certainly are "Big Time". I think I saw you 4 times the entire weekend.....:alien: . Thanks for being "The Man". I know I gave you and the great Republic of Texas a bunch of crap, but it was all in fun. You definitely are larger than life man. I can't thank you enough for all of the words of encouragement and that huge hug you gave me after Saturday's matches. I know it didn't seem like it, but that really did help me cheer up.

Trevor - I don't think there was a moment when I was around you where I wasn't laughing. It was amazing getting to know you and sharing this experience with you. I think you could have been Jeremiah and I's lost cousin. There were plenty of times during this journey where you provided sound advice and the pat on the back when I was struggling with my game.

Steve - You and Rebecca are two amazing people. It was amazing to watch your game improve throughout the journey. You're well on your way towards becoming an even better golfer than you are right now. You've got an awesome sense of humor and I couldn't have had a better roommate for the weekend. I really enjoyed working with you on the range Friday after our practice round. Listening to you and my dad talk about the military was pretty amazing.

Mojo - What a trip this was! I was looking at the ball marker you gave me yesterday unpacking and just smiled. You made this so much easier for me. You're an extremely positive person and I can't imagine have getting through all of this without you. You always went out of your way to make sure that everyone was doing ok and enjoying themselves.

Jeff/John - We didn't get a lot of time to talk this weekend, but the time I did get to spend with you was a blast. You're always smiling.....and that scares me. You've got an awesome game and it's hard to believe that you took 10 years off. For that, I want to hate you....but I admire it all the same. Watching you hit the golf ball is like watching poetry in motion.....except there's an explosion at the end of it.

Josh and Morgan - Trying to explain how much this event changed me is beyond my vocabulary. However, I will say that I was nervous only a handful of times throughout the weekend. Those were the times when one of you would come cruising up in a golf cart. My dad was just blown away at your generosity and the effort that you both put into making this event so amazing. Each step along the way you made sure that all of us were enjoying themselves. I really don't know what else to say besides, "Thank you". Had it not been for this event I would have no idea what being a part of THP is all about. And it's not just golf....it's so much more. I am looking forward to participating in more events just to hang out with you both more.

Canadan - It didn't start off good, but man am I glad that I got to know you. Getting to know you was one of the highlights of the weekend for me. You went out of your way multiple times to see how I was doing and what my thoughts were of the experience. And for those of you who don't know, I gave Dan my putter head cover. Not because he asked for it, but because I felt like he deserved it more than I did. Dan, your passion not only for THP, but for the game of golf is beyond words. I'm more than a club ho, but I'm going to have a really hard time parting with the irons you gave me because of the sentimental value. I'm so happy that you and I became friends during this journey. I can't wait to see you again and play some golf.

NebGolfer - I really can't say thank you enough for all of your help on Sunday. There were plenty of times where I was on the verge of a collapse and you said the right thing to get me focused on the next shot. You've got a great game and a huge heart. The poker chip that you gave me as a ball mark for that last match is something that I'm going to hold on to until I find another THPer who's got what I feel that chip stands for. That being, even though you may not be playing on the same team during an event it's never a bad thing to help your cart partner out and help them out. I really enjoyed that 18 ride. At times I forgot we were even playing golf. You're truly a special person and I think anyone who's lucky enough to play with you shares my sentiments.

That's all I can handle right now. I've been at this for a couple of hours, have shed more tears than I care to admit and need to get my thoughts together for the next part.

Until later......

I know your journey was a bit different from everyone else's and I know you wouldn't have had it another other way. We didn't spend a ton of time hanging out this weekend, but it was great talking with you. This was a heck of an event to make your THP debut. You rocked it. Absolutely rocked it. I have a feeling it won't be your last. You're a great dude and getting to talk with your father, I can see where you get it from. He has my vote.

Watching the emotional roller coaster ride of Smithfaced on Sundays singles round was something I will never forget. And the way he handled it with interviews and and attitude is a real testament to the kind of guy he is.

I'm so glad you were there man. I honestly don't even know what I said but I think it will make for some good viewing. I don't hide emotion very well and it probably came through a little bit on those last couple interviews.

Kevin from MD: Bro you are wide open lol and I haven't laughed like that since moving from MD. One day I said I was craving UTZ potato chips and this dude sent me a box of them lol. I thought he was all prim and proper lol and our first in person conversation I realized how skued my judgment is lol. Kevin you truly represent everything I think THP is about, selflessness, passion, dedication, humility, and a genuine persona to you that can never be duplicated. I haven't had that kind of belly laugh in a long long time dude and I thank you for that, we will have a long going friendship and will play a bunch of golf together. Let me tell you about this cats game, when he hits a ball it has that sound that you hear from a tour player and it's as effortless and graceful as a tour player, he's got a ton of game and is an incredible guy to play with! Never pass up an opportunity to play with him. Love you dude!!

My man Trout. Thank you for the kind words. We hit it off right away and I knew we were from the same pod. I'll have more later my friend.

Kevin from MD: Bro you are wide open lol and I haven't laughed like that since moving from MD. One day I said I was craving UTZ potato chips and this dude sent me a box of them lol. I thought he was all prim and proper lol and our first in person conversation I realized how skued my judgment is lol. Kevin you truly represent everything I think THP is about, selflessness, passion, dedication, humility, and a genuine persona to you that can never be duplicated. I haven't had that kind of belly laugh in a long long time dude and I thank you for that, we will have a long going friendship and will play a bunch of golf together. Let me tell you about this cats game, when he hits a ball it has that sound that you hear from a tour player and it's as effortless and graceful as a tour player, he's got a ton of game and is an incredible guy to play with! Never pass up an opportunity to play with him. Love you dude!!
Thanks trouser trout without a home! We will do this again and again buddy

Why volunteer? Such a vague question really. But when I think about it right down to the core. People chose to volunteer when it’s something they either believe in, have a passion for, or it’s something that just flat out moves them. In this case for me it’s all of that, and then some. It’s a simple as “Cause that’s what we do”. To support my 40 brothers, Josh and Morgan, and the entire THP Family, was a complete honor. All of us worked our backsides off to attempt to capture a small part of the amazing end to an incredible journey these guys had. Yes, there were early mornings, and long hot days. But I know there isn’t a single one of us that wouldn’t do it again. For me to have the ability to share this magical event with my closest friends in life, that’s the power of doing what needed to be done. Throughout the entire time down in MB I had a full range of emotions, that were somewhat odd at times, and other times they were just right. Thank you to each and every one of the staffers, my fellow volunteers, JB and GG, Trish, and Pete for allowing me to share this with you.

Kevin, you said it better than I could ever dream of. It was a true honor and privilege to be able to help out in any way possible to make the final Morgan Cup the best one yet. I hope you all like the coverage that comes out of this. I know it will take a ton of work for JB and GG to get it done in such a short amount of time, but once it is all finished I will have my popcorn ready and THP/champagne hat on.

Once I have more than a couple seconds to sit down, I will post some thoughts on the week/weekend. But right now, here's a couple:

- No A/C, no problem.
- Videoing the herd leaving the clubhouse to start Staff Sponsor Day was incredible. MikeG and myself start the last Morgan Cup, what an honor.
- That RC segway/ipad/mind blowing device was awesome.
- Check all compartments for goodies!
- I hope I don't sound like a blathering idiot on the commentary. I get a bit excited when people hit great shots.
- Smithfaced might be happy his original glove broke.
- Totally did not expect that surprise during the celebration. But we missed two really important volunteers in Petey and Trish. Their time will come!
- My test went well and Sunday night was what it was all about!

Recap - Part 2

Recap - Part 2

Part 1: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...4-Morgan-Cup&p=3192488&viewfull=1#post3192488

Selection Process:
After the captains were selected, we were asked to submit a list of names to be considered for Assistant Captain positions. When our (and many other) votes were accumulated, Assistant Captains were assigned to each of the captains, with handicaps considered to even out the skill levels of the captains. This is how I was given the privilege of being paired with the man, the myth, the legend Jeff Spicoli (John Tudor in real life).

One quick story, Hawk reached out to a couple of the assistant captains (before they knew they were going to be asked) and received some phone numbers that he passed on to each of us. Therefore, I got the really cool opportunity to cold call John – someone I had only met in passing – and ask him to be my assistant captain on this journey thereby making his dream of participating a reality. I will say more about John later, but I couldn’t have asked for someone better (and now a great friend) to accompany me in that position.

I loved the way the company specific contests were run this year. I think it was terrific for the companies to have a hand in selecting the winners. In this way, 24 of the 40 guys were in this event due specifically to a sponsor that had chosen them. I think this fact and methodology really helped folks embrace their sponsor from day one in a way that previous events did not always promote.

Having the contests run one after another really allowed the event to get off to a great start. Instead of all the participants being selected by November, like they had been the year before, the final selections occurred in January, which allowed the requirements to officially kick in February 1[SUP]st[/SUP]. While some, including me, would argue that the six months was still a bit too long, it was way better than the almost nine months before.

I know I speak for the other captains when I say that I followed the contests very closely. With separate approaches, we each tried to get to know the newly anointed so that we would have a clue when it came down to selecting teams. In some small ways, I guess it also let us do a bit of early scouting, but more importantly for me, it allowed me to ultimately get a jump on knowing guys who I would be sharing the journey with but not ultimately my team. At least for the captains, I think this created an atmosphere where many players felt comfortable asking me questions, seeking out a supportive word, or receiving one from me anyway.

As the contests wrapped up, the captains made the decisions on which team name we would each represent. JB and GG left several decisions like this up to the group of captains, always willing to mediate/assign if necessary. As Wardy has alluded to, discussing and reaching consensus was something this particular group of captains really did a terrific job at. I requested to lead Team Hackers as it had been my original squad back in 2011. It really did mean a great deal to me to proudly wear that banner again, and to lead a new crew under that crest.

Finally, in late January, the captains dialed into a very ill JB, and very quickly drafted each of our teams. I think we each came in with different approaches, different targets, and different strategies, but we all left with the teams that would accompany us on this journey. Very quickly afterwards, the teams were announced to the forums (and the players) and our group journeys started in earnest.

While I will definitely speak of these fine individuals later, I was proud to welcome Adam Washington (adamw238), Jeremiah Best (GolferBest), Steven Alwine (Paladin), Nathan (Nate) Webb, Trevor Tipton (TNTCigarGuy), and John Mazzola (Johnny Mojo) to Team Hackers to join myself and John Tudor.

I know this is a bit long, but I wanted to share the note that I sent each member of Team Hackers after the roster had been released. I think it provides a window into the approach I had in January, which I believe I carried through the event almost verbatim.

Folks,

Welcome to Team Hackers!! I am thrilled to finally know who our squad will be for the Morgan Cup, and even more, I am ecstatic to have every one of you on this team. The selection process each of you have made it through was easily the largest and most competitive of any THP Event (much less only Morgan Cup) to date. First thing I will say is that regardless of what they are saying publically, there are some very disappointed THPers that their name wasn’t called. There is obviously no way to make everyone happy when there are limited spots, but please keep in mind that some of your THP brothers and sisters are hurting right now.

I am extremely proud to be a captain in this incredible event, and there are probably a few decisions that ultimately I’ll have to make on our behalf, but know that this is OUR team, not my team. My primary goal is two fold. First, and above all, I want to make sure that we all represent THP in the right ways so that we can all hold our heads high regardless of the future of the Morgan Cup. Second, I want to make sure that we all leave this process having had a chance to win and to have certainly had as much fun as humanly possible.

We the members of Team Hackers, along with the 32 other Morgan Cup staffers, are representing THP first and foremost. We are participants in their marquis event and we are interacting (directly at times, indirectly at others) with premier manufacturers on their behalf. This is why, before contests for selections even commenced, the thread on qualifications was posted. Everyone should have a clear understanding of what is expected as participants. If there is anyone who has an issue with anything below, I would ask you to contact JB or GG immediately. As a reminder, here they are again:
  • This is only open to THP forum members that are 2014 Albatross Club Members.
  • You must be 18 years of age or older to be a part of the 2014 Morgan Cup.
  • You must be an 18 handicap or better at the time of the event. While we never want to eliminate people based on level of play, this is a broadcasted competition and in the end, that must take precedent.
  • This year all golfers will be required to have an official handicap. It can be through their local club, the USGA, GHIN or any number of places including available right here on THP.
  • This is an amateur competition, if you are currently on staff with any companies through sponsorship or endorsement, you will not be able to compete in this event. This includes club professionals or employees that have staff deals through their employment.
  • As part of the Morgan Cup, you will be required to make 200 posts per month on the THP Forum.
    • Failure to do so will result in these actions.
      • A warning that you need to pick up the pace.
      • Forfeiture of your spot in the 2014 Morgan Cup.
    • These posts must be relevant and because of that, anything in the Random & Off Topic section of the site (including all subforums there) will not be counted towards that number.
    • Certainly something could come up and those extreme cases will be handled on a case by case basis. This will be closely monitored and enforced this year.

Those are the official requirements, but I have some additional requests/comments…which may not seem like they need to be said, but having been through this event in the past, I can say that they haven’t always been complied with.
  • You each know your sponsors up front, and regardless of what your original preference may have been, I would like you to treat your sponsoring company as if they were solely responsible for you being in this event. As was posted in the original home page article “Like actual tour golfers, each company has a different way of doing things. Some offer certain things that others do not. Each company is required to offer the above (Staff Bag, 14 Clubs, Golf Ball, and Logo Apparel) and if you are selected, you will learn more about what they are bringing to the table.”
  • While we may have chats outside of THP via email or texts, please do not say anything that you wouldn’t want either your sponsor or THP HQ to read or see. These things tend to inevitably make it back to THP HQ, and have almost put an end to this event a couple times now. We are going to have a lot of fun, but if you get frustrated with something that is going on, I encourage you to discuss it in a responsible manner with JB, GG or myself.

Just in general, please remember that there are 100 people who wish they had the opportunity to experience what you are getting to experience, there are seven guys who are going to fight with you and are relying on you on Team Hackers, and there are 32 guys who want to deny us the Cup.

You all are welcome to PM or text me anytime you have something you need to know, want to discuss, or if you ever need support. I am proud to call every one of you my teammates, I chose each of you to be my teammates, and I am thrilled to be sharing this journey with each of you.

Again, Welcome to Team Hackers!!
Donne Willingham

Preparation:
One of the predominant themes of this MC iteration was that by waiting to receive the equipment at Staff Sponsor Day, we were each on a journey of self-improvement, whether that meant working hard to get in under the 18 index requirement, or trying to transform our game in ways we had never been able to achieve before.

As I alluded to in my first post, while my play had been tolerable in 2011, I really didn’t know how to prepare for an event like this, and honestly, I didn’t understand my golf swing enough to make much progress on my own. One of the things I did up front with Team Hackers was open a dialog among the team, headed by John and Nate (as our better, more experienced players) in conjunction with the discussions going on in the forum.

Each member of Team Hackers wrote down what their plan was and I asked John to go over these with everyone, as I was in every bit as much need as everyone else. The other person I really leaned on was forum member Bear4Ever, who has the privilege/curse of working down the hall from me…more on him later also. Anyway, I quickly decided that the best path I could realistically maintain was a set of lessons from a new instructor that Bear4Ever recommended, spending more time practicing the changes I was working on than playing, even if for a while it meant going weeks without seeing a golf course.

As far as the lessons were concerned, I put my swing under the microscope starting in February and took a lesson every two to three weeks until mid June. With my chosen instructor, Des Mahoney of Centennial Golf Course in Oak Ridge, TN (coincidentally my town of birth), I worked harder and smarter than I ever had before. Working with a good instructor really showed me how poor the lessons that many people purchase are. The only downsides here were that one, quality instruction is not inexpensive (although I spent my annual equipment allowance on this aspect), and that two, I live about 70 miles one way from Des’ facility. In the end, it was absolutely the right decision, and I have learned more things that I can continue to work on, and have that teacher I have needed when necessary.

So practicing what I was learning was my next step of my preparation. Well, things went really well in those regards from February to April. I was getting out to the range as weather allowed, sneaking out on lunch hours whenever possible. On May 1[SUP]st[/SUP], I drove by said range, and it was oddly closed. As I asked questions, the lease had been revoked, and the only practice facility within 30 minute of my office and front door was no longer available. May and June plans were tweaked to involve more play, and doing what I could to work on things at home. Finally, for the final run up, the range reopened under a new operator on July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and I was able to get some nice late cram sessions in.

Beyond my own personal improvement journey, I wanted to try the best I could to meet and play with several of my teammates. Between MC costs and lessons, I really wasn’t able to attend some THP events I really wanted to attend, but I was able to join Johnny Mojo in Muscle Shoals in February, and play with the incredible duo of GolferBest and adamw238 in Atlanta in March. I will come back in a later write-up and discuss the strategy that emerged out of these meetings, but these two days were priceless in my captaincy.

My Morgan Cup journey goes back to November. I was at work heading into a meeting then all of a sudden my phone starts going crazy. Before I know it I got the call. THE call to be a Cobra/Puma staffer in the Ultimate Golf Event Period. I sat through that meeting basically wanting to crawl out of my skin with excitement. Congrats texts, PM's and emails starting coming in. Then it hit me Holy s&!t I am in the Morgan Cup. At that time my game was at its all-time low. I even talked about it before hand that why I do meet all of the requirements my game is not where it needs to be for this type of event. Very quickly those thoughts were shut down as everyone chimed in to tell me you have plenty of time to get your game in shape. Plus honestly I never thought in a million years I would be lucky enough to grab one of the coveted MC spots.

December hits and that's when the work on my game got started. One of the best instructors in my area stays up here in the winter months and teaches indoors. I saw him 2-3 times a month and little by little I started to see my game coming back. In the meantime the teams were announced. Team Paradise was formed for the last time. Up in New England I am usually back playing late March or by April 1st. We had a pretty bad winter so when April hit and I still had 3 feet of snow on the ground and the Practice thread was blowing up I just flat out panicked. I reach out to my Captain as I felt like everyone is putting in work and I am stuck in snow. Erik was like don't worry your not as far off as you think. Keep doing what your doing and you will be fine. That talk got me in the right state of mind for the rest of my journey. For months and months Team Paradise bonded really well. PM's, texts, and conference calls that would have Henri up in the middle of the night. Those times were so very special to be a part of and will never be forgotten.

Fast forward to Morgan Cup week. I can't believe it's here. I can't believe how fast 8 months of prep work has gone by but holy crap the time is now.

Wednesday morning I had a practice round at True Blue with Johnny Mojo, Kang and the cheerleader himself Trevor. It was a blast with those guys. We had an absolute great time even though Trevor and Johnny took a couple of autographed dollars off of Kang and I.

Thursday morning was the Team Paradise practice round at Caledonia. This was such a great time for the 8 of us. Playing with Eric, Jordan, Jersey Nate and Kyle really got me ready to play on Saturday and Sunday. It was so good to see all the work we talked about come to life right in front of my eyes.

Staff Sponsor day started with Team Paradise breakfast. Spending that time with the guys as well as Morgan and Trisha was the perfect start to an amazing day. Before I knew it we were on in the hallway at True Blue with Freddie climbing a ladder on one end and MikeG at the other end officially kicking this thing off. For all of us that was the sweetest walk in golf.

Staff Sponsor day was such a hit with the Cobra guys being mic’d up, WCHG hitting his new Cobra gear and repeating “game changers”, The Bridgestone guys having a blast, Srixon guys drinking on the job ha ha, the Taylormade boys getting the tour van treatment and Hashtag there repping with Team Callaway.

The Matches:

By now everyone knows how the first round match between Smithfaced and I V.S. Jman and DDEC turned out.

Jordan- We hung in there bud and kept believing in each other. It is a beautiful sight to see and hear you hit those irons. You are correct Captain knew what he was doing when he paired us together. When we got paired together I was ecstatic because I knew we were going to make a great team. Anytime anywhere in a heartbeat I would team up with you again.

Dean- I just love being on a golf course with you. It’s always a good time filled with laughter and great memories. This was no different and I truly can’t wait until we do it again.
James- you don't know his but you are one of my favorite people on the planet. I love what you bring to THP. After finally meeting you in Dallas I was thrilled when I found out that I drew you in round 1. I knew it was going to be a tough match but I was glad we finally would get to tee it up together.

Round 2. Caledonia
Scarnici/P4B V.S. #Cookie/Tadashi

Ever since Kyle had to leave on Friday I had such a heavy heart for him and his family. I hated the circumstances but Jake even being there to step in was amazing in itself.

When this matchup was announced I knew immediately we were going to have our hands full and I was so happy to go into this battle with Kyle. Well I know that Jake can sure golf his ball. I teamed up with him in Dallas so it was game on.

Jake- Getting to team up with you Saturday afternoon is an experience I will hold with me forever. I'm so happy I got to experience Jake Nation one more time even if it was without the 90's hip hop.

Freddie- You are one of the most selfless people that I have ever met. You give so much it is inspiring. It was awesome to see what you do up close and personal. I have been waiting to tee it up with you for a long time. I didn't bring my best during this match but hopefully this was not our last round together.

#Cookie- You were so welcoming to me in Dallas and I will forever be great full for that. I flat out love everything about you bud.

Sunday Singles: Scarnici V.S DDEC

I had to deal with Dean flexing at me all night on Friday once the Sunday singles were announced. To be honest this is the match I wanted. This was the person I wanted to spend Sunday afternoon with. This is because Dean's history in this event as a 4 time participant and Ex Captain is legendary and it would be an honor to be able to take part in his final Morgan Cup match. After the final putt dropped all I wanted get over to him give him a hug and thank him. This round will forever go down as one of the best experiences in my life.

Captain Howzat- I could not ask for anything else out of a Captain. You had confidence in me when I was searching for it. I'm sorry we could not get it done for you but we gave you everything we had.

Assist Cap WCBM- You bring joy to everyone you come in contact with. You are such a great person and I can't wait to get together and play some golf

To my Team Paradise brothers- It was an honor to embark on this journey with you guys. We came together and bonded. Each one of you will hold a special place in my heart forever.

Josh and Morgan- I will be forever thankful to you two for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. I hope I did you proud throughout this entire process. I love THP and everything that it embodies and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Last edited:
Donne, Christian, you two are good people. To the core.

Scarnici...what a hell of a round to follow on Sunday. Some if it feels like a blur, but it was great getting out there with you!!!

As I sit here reading these I find myself in a situation im not familiar with.. emotions of which im not to familiar with.

A more detailed recap will come, but at this moment I feel compelled to type a few things..

Donne- you are an amazing captain. Your simplistic approach and careful wording always seemed to be on point. I had a large amount of respect for you from our first encounter in ATL.. and from there it has grown to a level where my words honestly can not describe it.

My fellow hackers - going in to this I was apprehensive about being on a team with strangers. Not so much as to you guys, but you having to put up with me. Im very opinionated and have never really cared what others have thought. Tnhe beautimus part is that every single one of you were truly amazing. Ill go into more individual stuff later, but everyone of us gentlemen have carved a place in my life and im eternally greatful to have shared this with you.

Jb/Morgan - I dont know you all that well, but I have to thank you for doing this "one more time". Being a new member when I was selected I had NO clue what this was about. I had no idea what memorable moments would happen. However, I was a part of something that truly changed me forever. I would have loved to play better, but if that means anything would have been different.. then I chose to keep things the way they were.

Everyone there - . I touched on this briefly the day after. However I cant express this part enough. Although I was a staffer in this event, everyone there made Tristan (lil man) feel like one as well. From jeff/john inspiring him with his swing, t2green taking him to the 18 hole to watch some guys put out. Mojo taking some time to show him some wildlife, Adam and the handshake, the signing of thr flags...the list goes on and on. If theres one thing on the earth that will get me emotional its him, and my friends EVERYONE there treated him like family. From the deepest part of my heart I thank you.. not only is it something ill never forget, its something he will cherish forever..

More to come thp, just have to take a break..

P.s the ear infection is finaly gone !! Woot woot

Donne's novel has me on the edge of my seat, and I was on his team! I still have that pm and remember how proud and happy I was to be selected on his team.

I promise, I'm ruminating on this journey, and hope to get it into a postable form this weekend. My vacation ends tomorrow, but I won't get to a real key board until Friday at least, where I intend to get good and drunk, cry a little, and print my Morgan cup memoirs for posterity.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Donne's novel has me on the edge of my seat, and I was on his team! I still have that pm and remember how proud and happy I was to be selected on his team.

I promise, I'm ruminating on this journey, and hope to get it into a postable form this weekend. My vacation ends tomorrow, but I won't get to a real key board until Friday at least, where I intend to get good and drunk, cry a little, and print my Morgan cup memoirs for posterity.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Don't feel rushed...this is something everyone does on their own time (if they want to do it at all). For me, I have trouble focusing on things I want/need to focus on until I get mine written up.

Slim shady! I mean Trout!! I mean Wicked Cool Homeless Man!!

Pretty sure this is my favorite of me that she took.

That's a great picture, Jimmy. And on possibly the prettiest hole we played all week. Awesome.

[h=2]Welcome To The Journey[/h]
On behalf of everybody at THP and the wonderful folks at Cobra and TaylorMade, we would like to cordially welcome you to the greatest golf journey you will ever embark on. The 2014 Morgan Cup.

You will be getting full information in the next few weeks, so sit tight and just let it all soak in. You have made it to what we call The Ultimate Golf Event Period and your next 8 months will be unlike you have ever imagined.

Welcome to the show, you are about to be a rock star!

I saved every PM I got since the beginning. Boy did I underestimate how true those initial words were.

Donne -- your words are amazing and impactful.

One of my favorites on the course. I was only responsible for the tee shot, never the approach so that hole was awesomely simple for me hahaha!

I saved every PM I got since the beginning. Boy did I underestimate how true those initial words were.

It's so honoring to go back through those. Brings back great memories for sure.

Jimmy,

I think my favorite photo is from Staff Sponsor Day. Amanda captured a picture where you are looking at the camera but those around you are doing their own thing. (I can't seem to figure out how to attach it!)

Jimmy,

I think my favorite photo is from Staff Sponsor Day. Amanda captured a picture where you are looking at the camera but those around you are doing their own thing. (I can't seem to figure out how to attach it!)

Photobucket? Imageshack?

Back