Airline Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

wow that makes Delta look amazing

Yo hablo espanol

How hard is it when they ask you if your flight is domestic only on the automated line to get me someone that speaks english? I mean the 1st two people I got, transferred me, because they spoke no english at all.

Thats rough, been in the same situation with the local phone company. Passed off 4 times before I could actully talk to someone who could understand me. I know I speak with an accent but many people understand me fine. These companies should invest in people who can represent and sell the company better.

United is the worst. Bar none. We enjoyed our flights on IcelandAir so much that it will probably become our new airline to Europe and I will whittle my United miles down. I am beginning to feel like I would rather take the effort of flying American out of JFK than United out Newark which is 20 min from my house.

Currently still using the SW card, but pretty much as soon as I book my next flight I believe we will be done with that one.

More than likely onto the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Great signup bonus, good for both hotel and airline usage since Im not sure which will lead to more expenses for me in 2015.
Sapphire Preferred is the way to go if you travel. I'm a consultant so i fly almost every week. Get to doubly down on points.

On a general level, I wonder if all of the airlines are eventually going to move to a model where you get points based on $$ spent, not miles flown. Jetblue already does this, Delta is moving to that model in 2015 as well. That model is great for business travelers, but will hurt the leisure travelers that are mainly looking for the lowest fare regardless of carrier.

We did just burn a ton of Delta miles to go round-trip to Europe. The nice part about Delta is that they allow open-jaw routing on an overseas trip booked with miles, so we were able to fly to Paris on the way there and fly out of Amsterdam on the way back.
Delta miles actually is using this model now. They have Medallion Mile/Segments and Medallion $ spent.

Sapphire Preferred is the way to go if you travel. I'm a consultant so i fly almost every week. Get to doubly down on points.

That greatly depends on how many different carriers you use and whether or not status is important for the perks.

That greatly depends on how many different carriers you use and whether or not status is important for the perks.
Not to me, and again i'm someone who hits Delta diamond yearly just off of miles alone. If you need the point boost alone, then a carrier card works; if not then Sapphire has been amazing.

I fly COPA (United partner) all over South America and use the Mileage Plus Program, they have all Callaway products. I have gotten 4 dozen SR2 & 3 balls and just ordered a XH2 hrybrid.

If you are a Delta traveler with status or a Amex Delta card holder, today they are offering some sweet reward deals.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-22-at-11.28.59-AM.png

Received that email yesterday...

I'm not sure what that means? Are flights and upgrades offered for that amount of miles less than normal?

I will say that I really enjoyed not paying for my checked bags today.

I'm not sure what that means? Are flights and upgrades offered for that amount of miles less than normal?

I will say that I really enjoyed not paying for my checked bags today.

Flights are that much off on rewards bookings today I believe.

Very nice.

Anyone fly frontier at all? I looked at 13 flights throughout throughout the US just above everywhere and only 2 was over 300 bucks. I know bag fees add a few to it but still...

Anyone fly frontier at all? I looked at 13 flights throughout throughout the US just above everywhere and only 2 was over 300 bucks. I know bag fees add a few to it but still...

I detest frontier, but if you are packing light then it won't be too bad. No leg room and truly a budget airline but if you know that going in it won't be too bad

I detest frontier, but if you are packing light then it won't be too bad. No leg room and truly a budget airline but if you know that going in it won't be too bad
Yeah unfortunately I fly with clubs so may defeat purpose. ..If I wanna do that crap I'd go allegiant

Man did United screw things up for me. Just got to the airport and they did not have my assigned seat.
So the only seat left of course, was the last row in the middle.
Thankfully there was 1 first class seat left and I was able to grab it on a cheap upgrade fare of $100.

First class upgrade of $100 is a steal

First class upgrade of $100 is a steal

It seems it ranges from about $75 to $175 at the day of at the gate agent. Its for each leg keep in mind, but already have it on the way back with miles or will shortly. Its not always available, but is about 50% of the time

Man did United screw things up for me. Just got to the airport and they did not have my assigned seat.
So the only seat left of course, was the last row in the middle.
Thankfully there was 1 first class seat left and I was able to grab it on a cheap upgrade fare of $100.

They are the worst.

They are the worst.

Just glad they made good on it with the seat and their redemptions for awards are too good to pass up with their saver deals, no black outs, etc.

Heads up to the rest of you who took advantage of the 50k SWA card offer that the annual fee is just around the corner. I cancelled the card earlier this week to avoid it. You don't lose any remaining balance of points, but you can only use them for flights.

I am going to use the rest of my AmEx points to buy some e6 balls then do the same with that card.

Chase SW card has the 50k signup bonus again for a limited time.

Back