Got any silly superstitions while golfing?

grathan

Reaction score
Handicap
I won't use my 3-wood for any shot other than full-swing from the fairway with 235 yards minimum rollout. It works perfectly every time and I am afraid to tinker with it. It seems silly lately because I have duffed %90 of my driver shots the past 2 games and could really use that 3-wood.

I know this is incredibly stupid and completely irrational, but I will consciously shy away from clothing (shirt, hat, belt, shorts/pants) that I wore for any real blowup rounds. Not that I won't ever wear them again, just won't be my first choice.

Always have to use a nickel to mark my ball on the green. No quarters, no chips..just a nickel.

i try to drive every green and make all my putts on the first try every round.

Always have to use a nickel to mark my ball on the green. No quarters, no chips..just a nickel.
I have been using a British 20p coin and started shooting in the 80s. It will be used until further notice.

For years I've done this quick double tap on my ball marker after I mark my ball. It's more habit than anything but I just did it every time. Then one time my ball "grabbed" the marker and picked it up and moved my marker. I decided I had to stop just in case it happened again.

It was tough to give up and I still do it every once in a while.

No, I don't have any silly superstitions while playing golf.

i try to drive every green and make all my putts on the first try every round.

This was my son's advice for me before I left for the Morgan Cup. Shoulda listened to him.

I wear the same blue shirt for every final round of my city tournament.

I have to use a ball marker that my then 1 year old son gave me. Without it, I am lost on the greens.

~Rock

If I have a good round with a shirt and it's the first time I've worn it, I won't wear that shirt for anything but golf until I have a bad round in it. After that though, I'll wear the shirt for work/going out/etc. as well as wearing it for golf again.

I have a few actually.

I keep all my tees tucked into my hat while playing.
Extra ball, divot tool in right pocket.
And I've developed one that after reading the putt, walking up I spin my putter in my hand now.
When at setup, I use my right hand, and wipe the sweat off my left using shirt/pants. Weird I know.

I keep all my tees tucked into my hat while playing.

That's a lot of tees. Haha.

I keep one tee tucked on the right side of my had right above my ear and another tee in my right pocket. It didn't start out as a superstition, but it is now. I have no clue why.
I also don't carry anything in my back pockets. Wallet and phone go in my bag. Not really a superstition. More of a comfort thing I guess.

I am generally not a superstitious person (cue the "a little stitious Michael Scott joke), but I do have one in particular with golf. I have used the same ball marker ('76 half dollar) and divot tool (some course I used to work at, nothing special about the tool) for about 5 years now. I also always mark my ball heads up with the top of Kennedy's head pointing at the hole. Mark it tails up if I have to move it over if it is in someone's line. Feel weird putting if the ball is not marked that way.

I use any coin except a nickle to mark my ball. Nickles are bad.

I've got a Tour Edge Exotics hat that I love but won't be playing golf in any longer. Haven't had a decent round with it on my head yet so it's relegated to the hat rack for an extended period of time :p

Nothing in my left pocket

Same things in each pocket for the round. Divot tool and marker in the left. An extra ball and tees in the right.

I refuse to consume any alcohol during my round. No idea whyjust never have

I refuse to consume any alcohol during my round. No idea whyjust never have

You've never been involved with one of my Rum Rounds.

As for me, I can't have anything in my left pocket. Mainly because I hate trying to get something out of my pocket with a glove on.

nope none here. I just do it

Glove has to be in right back pocket after taking it off. One of my friends won't play a ball with number higher than 4 on it

Never wash a ball before before a tee shot with a carry over water. Just asking to have it rinsed.

I don't have any superstitions whatsoever. Knock on wood.

Back