Do you practice after playing a round?

OITW

Reaction score
Playing one of my favorite courses this afternoon and they have good practice facilities.

Debating whether or not to stay and practice a bit after my round.

Does anyone do that? I know you hear of tour pros going to the range after playing, but I wanted to see what everyone else has to say.

If I was 10 years younger and didn't have obligations I'd never leave the course I fear. Do it up.

NOt very often, usually got some place I need to be

Depends. If it's a practice round, I might go to the range after to work on something if I feel the need. Lately though pretty much my golf has been with my weekend foursome. Usually end up grabbing a beer and going home to work on my honey do list.

I do every now and then. A lot depends on how I played. Usually it's on like a Sat or Sun morning after grabbing the first tee time. I'll get around the course quickly enough and if there is something I want to work on I'll go to the range after and hit a small bucket of balls.

I wish I had the time because I definitely would, but I'm usually squeezing in the round as it is between family and work obligations.

I do. That's one of the better things about playing 9 holes is I usually have time to practice afterwards. Misses are fresh in my mind and I like to work on stuff before leaving the course.

I do if the weather is nice and there is something I started doing on the last round that I want to work out. For instance, I kept hooking my driver after hitting it straight. I realized on the range I was rolling my wrists really odd at impact. My grip has slipped a bit and as soon as I traced it back my grip, I was hitting it straight again.

If the course has a good range with unlimited balls and short game area, I'm likely to go back afterwards unless I have somewhere to be after the round or weather/daylight permitting. A couple weeks ago I went and played when the Mrs was out of town on a course like that. Finished my round, and went back to the range until I could get something right.

I use to, from time to time, but now with family obligations I don't.

i do it often if i have the time.... some of the courses have great practice facilities i cant usually work on things at the range so i take full advantage of it since i paid to play there anyway.

I will if I find myself doing something weird during the round. I almost always practice putting and chipping before and after a round. Figure the more reps I can get in, the better I might get at it.

No, I don't practice after playing a round.

Depends on how the rounds went, if I feel I hit the ball terribly I will go to the range and it as many balls as it takes for me to feel like I'm hitting it like I want to.

I would if I could, but most of my golf is played at twilight so there's no time after. But if it's slow and/or quiet on the course I usually will break out the wedges and take some swings to work on it (after my shot), or drop a ball for an extra putt if it's not going to be a problem.

I don't, because I'm usually beat after walking a round.
I HAVE noticed that the best players at my club DO usually hit the range after a round, good or bad. I suspect that may be why they are the best golfers there.

I'll get a bucket after the round if something isn't clicking during the round, to try and figure it out. This never works as I usually hit everything perfectly on the range and can't even recreate the miss I had earlier if I try.

ironically if i do, it seems like what ever was the issue was is gone rather quickly ... #HeadGames

yes I do when needed. If I had an "issue" show up during the round then I am there until its worked out or I at least end on a great range shot. I have been known to hunt down one stray range ball to hit a good final shot.

If I have time, I will try to putt after a round. I may also try to hit a couple balls if there was something specific that I didn't like seeing on the course.

Having the time is the key, though.

Depends on how the rounds went, if I feel I hit the ball terribly I will go to the range and it as many balls as it takes for me to feel like I'm hitting it like I want to.
This for me too!

Rarely, since I don't have time. Only one time did it seem necessary. I had developed a nasty snap hook after about the 3rd hole. But only with the Driver... Stuck with it figuring it was a fluke. Never went away. I stopped in the pro shop for a few range balls and got to talking with the Pro at the desk about it. She recommended a few things and suggested I was just not paying attention to what I was doing. I went out and started to hit a few as normal- snap, snap, snap... so no fluke. I tried her suggestions and it took a dozen or so and the hook was gone. It seemed I was getting my head ahead of the swing or something and that was snapping my wrists too early causing the snap hook. She said to try and WATCH the club hit the ball from behind. Forced me to keep the head back and it pretty much solved it. Next day, same course- hit almost every fairway (a must on it's narrow couple of holes) with the odd fade. At least I found those.

I practice during the round on the course while waiting for others to play their shots. If I'm at the green and I chipped for my shot that counts, I will drop a ball or two and chip a couple more if I'm waiting on others. Same with putting. Every now and then will hit 2 balls off a tee if no one is behind us or hit 2 approach shots.

If there is something really pressing that I want to correct, I will get to the range.

Back