September 14th Philly/Jersey Get Together With Special Guests!

I'm in!

Ok, here's the deal. I can get to Philly easy with the LIRR and Amtrack. But how far is Glenn Mills from Philly? I don't drive and I just might be able to swing this.

Ok, here's the deal. I can get to Philly easy with the LIRR and Amtrack. But how far is Glenn Mills from Philly? I don't drive and I just might be able to swing this.

Glen Mills would be about 30 - 45 minutes from PHL

Glen Mills would be about 30 - 45 minutes from PHL

Hmm. Put me down as tentative. LIRR to Penn Station. Amtract to Philly. Wilmington train to Chester, and the 119 bus to Glen Mills.

For those flying in, I could probably pick up some guys, just would need to know the details.

Count me in, the boss signed off on it. Pretty pumped for this, lot of new THPers to meet.

Im in!!!

drive wouldn't be to bad.... check your PMs.

My wife is at a Bachelorette party Saturday night so if you wanted to drive down to jersey Saturday evening and crash here then I could drive us to and from the course on Sunday.

Buck, saw your PM, will get back to you on it. Jlukes, thanks for the offer, but we have family in PHL so if I came down, it would likely be with my wife and baby as well, you don't want all that craziness in your place, trust me.

Geeeze.....all this from a text exchange back in May between a few guys. #BandOfBrothers

Please put me on the list as playing. Does this course have bent greens by chance? I'd love to finally be able to cross that off my bucket list. I'll probably have no idea what to do.

This is gonna be HUGE! Should we mix it up with formats and such or just straight up play your own ball?

As a special bonus for all those in attendance, Fupresti has to do the truffle shuffle on the first tee. He bailed on our bet at the MC so he has to do it on the first tee at this outing.

Truffleshuffle.gif

Please put me on the list as playing. Does this course have bent greens by chance? I'd love to finally be able to cross that off my bucket list. I'll probably have no idea what to do.

Its the northeast, your answer is most likely yes lol

Yes there's grass on the greens!

As a special bonus for all those in attendance, Fupresti has to do the truffle shuffle on the first tee. He bailed on our bet at the MC so he has to do it on the first tee at this outing.

Truffleshuffle.gif

I feel like this should be the first bullet point in the sales presentation.

Just a reminder for everyone involved that Glenn Mills is a dry course (no booze allowed) . Doesn't matter to me because I don't like to drink when I golf but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

That being said, it's one of my favorite courses and it will be an incredible time

Good thing my vices aren't wet :)

Sorry if this was posted already: http://www.glenmillsgolf.com/

Get inside the ropes. Take an exhilarating tour from a golfer’s perspective. "On a scale of 1-20 with 20 for Pine Valley and Merion and Ballybunion and the like, Glen Mills gets a 19. I give it the ultimate accolade for any course. If someone says, 'How would you feel about being confined to Glen Mills for every game?' I'd say 'delighted.' I could play there every day."

– James W. Finegan-Noted Golf author and 2007 USGA Herbert Warren Wind Book Award recipient

I think I could get used to Bermuda after a whole bit I enjoy not having to think about the grass.

Current List of Attendees

BUCK
Fredrick Kong
Nate (the one from Texas)
Puttin4Bird
DevRickus
Nate (from Jersey)
Fupresti
Rob Wedge
The CHOSEN 1
Salisboss
Philly Golf Guy