Do you practice after playing a round?

Nope. I dont practice much before I play either though.

i should do that after every round. But, i generally have something to do after golf. So, I go straight to the parking lot.

If I have an issue that is bugging me during the round and I have time afterwards, I will get a small bucket and try to work it out.

I've only practiced after a round a few times. If it's beautiful outside and the range is pretty empty, I'll make my way over. When I do hit the range after a round, I only hit about 20-30 balls to work on something I might have noticed during the round.

Nope. Don't do it before either, though.

Usually not, but it is dependent on how I feel after the round from a stamina standpoint. If I am pretty beat from the round, I wouldn't be doing myself any good going to practice while fatigued.

Sometimes I do, for instance yesterday got a small bucket warmed up played 18 in a little over 2 hours, got another small basket worked on some things I didn't like, then played another 9. Needless to say I was tired and feeling it now.

Like a lot of other guys, practice after the round isn't feasible for me because I usually have someplace else to be immediately after I finish playing. However, I've done it in the past when I wasn't pressed for time, but it was only if I had a specific issue on the course that day (ex. duck hooks off of the tee).

Do you practice after playing a round?

After I'm done, I'm done. I'll make mental notes and use that to make my next range session effective. Gives me the purpose I need bc I'm not one that's fond of beating balls at the range.

Last edited:
I'll hit some balls prior to the round, but nothing after. Usually I'm tired, and will spend 10-15 minutes BS'ing about the round with buddies, then home, lunch and a nap.

I try to, but I more often then not find myself on the putting green rather then the driving range :)

I enjoy hitting ball both before and after, it always seem like the after play range session is much more relaxed and controlled.

I have been doing that frequently this year. Not putting well, spend some time putting after my round. Not hitting fairways, work with the driver after my round. Removes any lingering doubts for my next round.

add me to the "dont have time" list. I'm not sure if I would even if I did have time.

Only if an issue shows up during play. I then go to my PGA Teacher and meet him at the range.

Not often. I'm usually ready to go home and relax.

No. I never practice when I am physically tired either. You get sloppy and bad stuff happens.

I would if I could, but I usually have to get home to the family.

Ive never done it and don't think I ever will. A round of golf takes long enough.

never seem to have the time after playing, either too dark or i have to be somewhere after playing

After my round yesterday, I really wanted to hit the range, but we ran out of daylight and they had pretty much taken everything away so I wasn't able to get out there.

I do not, typically ready to hop in the car and head home.

Not unless something is terribly amiss that I need to figure out.

Back