Walk or ride poll

• Ride

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • walk and carry

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • walk with some type of cart

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters
Living in Orlando makes it almost mandatory you ride.

Walk with my Clicgear. Love having everything with me always. I normally have the umbrella up for shade as well.

I walked and carried for 30 years, switched to a push cart walking for 5 years or so but now ride 100% of the time. Age and ailments make a cart the only way to go for many players including me and my wife.

My home Course is "Ride Only". It is not a course anyone would want to walk.

I prefer to walk, so I will do it when I have the opportunity. But like others have said - some courses are not set-up to walk so I will ride.

Walk, with push cart, at least 2 times per week. Ride the rest 4 to 5 times per week.

I usually walk at home, usually ride at away courses.

I would love to walk more. Seems we're always riding anymore.

I always ride, I used to carry when I walked, then I got a push cart. But now I just ride.

I am on my feet all day for work, the last thing I want to do is walk some more on my time off. Plus drinking beer while walking is near as much fun.

I have no problem walking and I keep a carry bag in my office just in case I get the urge to walk instead of ride but most of the time I am in a cart.

When I do get to golf I have never walked my courses. I always ride.

My days of walking & carrying are long over.

If I'm only playing 9 and it is not warmer than room temperature, I may walk with a push cart.

Otherwise its ride.

Walk with push cart. I sell golf to the bride as exercise, so I'd best be walking.
Admittedly the home course is set up for easy walking. My knees won't put up with some of the hilly courses, so there I do ride.

Walk 3 out of 4 rounds.

Depends on the course I am playing and the weather. Some courses are either to long between some holes to make walking worth it and others require carts. If weather is 90 or below I will walk when possible.

I would walk with my Clicgear a lot more if courses around here weren't hell bent on cart fees.

Most of the time I walk. I enjoy the exercise and it's calming. There are a few courses around here that are to long to walk though.

I walk 98% of the rounds I play. I am always happier when I am walking a golf course, don't know why but I just am.

Walk with a push cart. I seem to be more focused and I hate 90* rules and the 20 bucks to ride 70 bucks a round turns into 90 real quick and it drives me nuts.

pretty cool results so far. About 50/50 walk to ride which seems normal but I thought more THPers were walk/carry as that does seem to pop up on occasion in threads or at least what stuck in my mind more.

But anyway, on another side note I am a bit confused as to the math of the percentage%. With 40 votes thus far and 20 for riding why is the percentage not at 50%? I am curious how the math figures 54% to be 20 of the 40 votes.?? Or am I missing something with that? Keep in mind at the time of this post the results are 20, 5 , 15. = 40. Unless possibly it is accounting for a couple people or so that may have multi voted? I guess that then could make sense.

Walk. I love the exercise and not a fan of hurry up and wait.

Walk and carry 95% of the time

I've come to really enjoy walking, though some courses are rough for me. I do ride a few courses around here that are just too brutal to walk. I'm hoping to get myself back to the shape I can handle most anything out here.. except shuksan, eff that. haha

I only ride. Unless it is an executive course with no carts.

I always walk with my push trundler. Carts don't seem to be as popular over here as they are there.

Back