The Official Tiger Woods Thread

It's just my uninformed opinion, but Tiger needs to drop Sean Foley as a swing coach and go back to a swing coach that is going to concentrate on him swinging the club in a way that's healthy for his body. I don't know whether he could work with Haney or Harmon again, but this "stay on the left side and explode through the ball" is going to kill him.

Could not agree more, was just thinking last night that Butch would get him back to where he needs to be. Albeit, this is without taking into any issues with his back arising and how serious this is. Hate to lose him to the sport again.

I don't think he gave his back enough time for his comeback. I'm sure his back is sore but seeing that bunker shot and his facial expression it sure didn't look like he was hurting. Shut it down until next year and learn to hit a freakin driver and get a swing that is going to work long term. The guy is looking like a broken down piece of meat.

Agreed plus he should fire Foley immediately and go back to Butch.

Unfortunately I saw an interview with Butch and he said he wouldn't take him back as long as he has Phil.

Hi, I'm people.

Its just to convenient to me. But I've come to take EVERYTHING he does with a grain of salt. Just my take.

If this his way of pulling out for the rest of the year.....LAME

Just be a man and say I'm not ready, I'm not going to play the rest of the year.

I think Tiger would be better served walking into his local golf tec and getting lessons that he is with Foley right now. With Tigers natural talent and legendary work ethic, the fact that he still can't get of the tee to save his life is a huge black eye for Foley. Add in the fact that he came with a balky knee and now has a busted back and you have 2 years of wasted work with Foley.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'm certainly on the side saying he is "done" meaning done winning majors and being a constant factor in them. Just too many injuries.

That said he has done things in the game that nobody ever has before. And look at Fred Couples he has had severe back issues for years but yet he is still able to be a factor in his 50's at Augusta.

So I won'tdiscount Tiger 100%. But I won't be betting on him.

Last edited:
I blame the bunker-one-footed swing.

turns out he made that official statement while leaving as well. Started on that swing. I guess that could explain the crazy swings to follow. Maybe trying to swing tentative or something.

turns out he made that official statement while leaving as well. Started on that swing. I guess that could explain the crazy swings to follow. Maybe trying to swing tentative or something.

Its funny though that Faldo pointed out he never winced in that series of events and walking up the fairway. Sure, it could have spasm'd after that on following shots, but not even a flinch in that moment after the shot, not like last time we saw this.

His back flared up (maybe) on that last drive, but I think it was fine up until then.

Tiger needs to make some major changes -- probably both and off the golf course -- to deal with these ongoing physical issues. I also agree he needs to re-evaluate Foley as his teacher.

I hope he can recover, as the golf world is more interesting with Tiger in it, but the I guess one good thing is that this will put an end (hopefully) to the talk of Tiger on the Ryder Cup and the pressure on Watson to make what would have been an absurd pick (at least in terms of fielding the best competitive team).

Injury or not, Tiger obviously wasn't in real competition form, in terms of his being worthy of a Ryder Cup spot. He owns this course and just couldn't play it. Then the injury, or what you believe, today.

Last year was a good example of us watching him just sort of putt along for a day and a half and then boom, what we were waiting for, he charged. Never came this year.

Don't see how, even if he's fine tomorrow, you can put him on the Ryder Cup team now (barring a Kirk Gibson-like win at the PGA).

So I just saw the replay of the shot where he hurt himself.

My question, why even attempt to get that much out of that lie, when your a million shots out of the lead and still less than 3 tournaments into your recovery. Just doesn't seem very smart

Of course I know this is 20/20 hindsight.

So I just saw the replay of the shot where he hurt himself.

My question, why even attempt to get that much out of that lie, when your a million shots out of the lead and still less than 3 tournaments into your recovery. Just doesn't seem very smart

Of course I know this is 20/20 hindsight.
And there is a major NEXT week. Just not smart

This is a hunch to me and it may seem like an easy cop out. But I don't think tiger makes the cut. If he plays two full rounds, on of those rounds will be north of 77 strokes.

The way Tiger was taking off his shoes to me seemed strange. I have had severe back pain without having sugury done, that bend and angle would kill me to do. Maybe I am wrong, but I am stating from my experience which is not as bad. Imo.

He needs to get Stevie back on the bag too, Joe is a really nice guy and a great caddie but he has no magic in him, Stevie and Tiger had Magic, clear out the demons Tiger!

not really a surprise, he has to be ready if Tiger Plays

not really a surprise, he has to be ready if Tiger Plays

agreed.

Man the way he looked before he left in a Cadi I would think there would be noway he would be playing this weekend. I think he just needs some more months off to let the back heal more plus work on the game to with a new swing coach.

Man the way he looked before he left in a Cadi I would think there would be noway he would be playing this weekend. I think he just needs some more months off to let the back heal more plus work on the game to with a new swing coach.
Yeah who knows at this point. I think it would be smart for him to take a break and yesterday showed us it only takes one little thing to put him in pain again.

I would tend to agree. Then again, I didn't think he would play Doral either and he gave that a go. I think he will try. Might not be the best move, but I think he will try and then shut it down until December.

Yep I hear ya there. Or maybe he was sandbagging everyone yesterday and is going to come up blasting everyone away LOL JJ!!!! He probably went home, got some shots from the DOC and then Lindsay healed him up.
I would tend to agree. Then again, I didn't think he would play Doral either and he gave that a go. I think he will try. Might not be the best move, but I think he will try and then shut it down until December.

when surrounded by "yes" men it's easy to play when you really should not be

Am I the only one that heard the guy from Golf Channel (that always takes a really deep breath before he speaks) say that Tiger gave him a couple quotes before they loaded up and said it was a different kind of a pain in a different spot? The next anyone said anything about it was when it switched to CBS and Nantz took over saying it was the same injury.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Tiger needs to change swing coaches. He won 5 times with Foley as his coach last year. However, his swing since back surgery doesn't look like his swing last year at all, it's very short and just seems out of sync big time. I don't know if this is because of his back or not, but he just looks completely out of sync and I don't think it's all Foley's fault.

Back