The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we did the beer can chicken with a draft cider.

hesurege.jpg

Tonight we are doing a pork tenderloin. Super lean cut of meat so low and slow might not be the best way. Instead I'm going to roast it with grill temp at 350 or so with indirect heat and a few chunks of sugar maple wood.

The loin already as a rub on it and will hit the kamado Joe this afternoon and cook for 2 hours.

That looks great! I use cider when I do beer can chicken. Adds great flavor.

Last night we did the beer can chicken with a draft cider.

hesurege.jpg

Tonight we are doing a pork tenderloin. Super lean cut of meat so low and slow might not be the best way. Instead I'm going to roast it with grill temp at 350 or so with indirect heat and a few chunks of sugar maple wood.

The loin already as a rub on it and will hit the kamado Joe this afternoon and cook for 2 hours.

Should I bs reading into this new found love for smoking. Maybe 'Smoke food, live life' food looks great!

Should I bs reading into this new found love for smoking. Maybe 'Smoke food, live life' food looks great!

Nah, I have always loved good smoked food. Hated the cost to do it on top of a good grill. When GG got me this one for my birthday, it was everything rolled into one. Grill, Smoker, Pizza Oven. The 3 tools I wanted but are just too expensive.

Excited to keep cooking more though. We have made a pact so to speak about eating out less, since we both love to cook and this is certainly doing the trick.

Nah, I have always loved good smoked food. Hated the cost to do it on top of a good grill. When GG got me this one for my birthday, it was everything rolled into one. Grill, Smoker, Pizza Oven. The 3 tools I wanted but are just too expensive.

Excited to keep cooking more though. We have made a pact so to speak about eating out less, since we both love to cook and this is certainly doing the trick.

I will say this. When my grill went down at the end of 12, i didn't think any big deal. But now that I one again I'm finding that is all I want to cook on right now. I want to do a beer can chicken in a bad way.

I will say this. When my grill went down at the end of 12, i didn't think any big deal. But now that I one again I'm finding that is all I want to cook on right now. I want to do a beer can chicken in a bad way.

Its a way of life down here for some. We are fortunate to be able to cook outdoors all year round and I was sick and tired of having to replace every few years. Never thought I would bite the bullet on the kamado style, but glad I did.

I still look at the deal they have at Sams as one of the best out there right now. 18" Vision Kamado style, with side tables, nest and more for under $600.

This gorgeous tenderloin got a great rub on it this morning. Hitting the kamado in about 15 minutes.

e2e7ehyp.jpg

One of my favorite foods on this planet. Freaking love a good tenderloin.

This gorgeous tenderloin got a great rub on it this morning. Hitting the kamado in about 15 minutes.

e2e7ehyp.jpg
Loks great, did you use your own rub or a store bought one?

This time a store bought one, but normally our own.
Have a drip pan filled with draft cider and the kamado cranking at about 300 degrees.
Mostly lump coal with 4 chunks of sugar maple wood with it. Too lean a cut to smoke low and slow, but should still give us the great flavor at a higher temp.

Man did this thing come out good.

qusabuma.jpg

dytydyde.jpg

2e3a4a6u.jpg

Looks good, I sear my pork tenderloins at 400 then indirect till done

Some filets getting ready as the kamado heats up.

sabuba3a.jpg

ne3etu9e.jpg

Its a way of life down here for some. We are fortunate to be able to cook outdoors all year round and I was sick and tired of having to replace every few years. Never thought I would bite the bullet on the kamado style, but glad I did.

I still look at the deal they have at Sams as one of the best out there right now. 18" Vision Kamado style, with side tables, nest and more for under $600.

I was there on Saturday looking at the grill in question. Trying to justify it...

I was there on Saturday looking at the grill in question. Trying to justify it...

Yeah still not cheap by any means. When compared to a grill+smoker+pizza oven, it is quite the bargain however.
Look at it like this...Its cheaper than a new cell phone without contract. Barely more than a GoPro new. Cheaper than a Macbook Air. :D
And will give you way more ROI.

Yeah still not cheap by any means. When compared to a grill+smoker+pizza oven, it is quite the bargain however.
Look at it like this...Its cheaper than a new cell phone without contract. Barely more than a GoPro new. Cheaper than a Macbook Air. :D
And will give you way more ROI.

And it looks like they just dropped the price to 499.81.

Question on the KJ JB.

What is your average time to spend getting the coals ready for food to be placed. I used to smoke a great deal, but I was relegated to weekends where I could really spend the time needed to prep the smoker and watch it. With the ability to maintain heat and temp of the KJ being a tremendous time saver (my guess anyway) I wonder how long it takes you from start to finish to get a good bed of coals to begin your smoke.

Thanks,

7e6e7uhu.jpg

18 hrs on a hickory smoke, pork butt ready for this weekend, just a basic rub with smoke heat and time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question on the KJ JB.

What is your average time to spend getting the coals ready for food to be placed. I used to smoke a great deal, but I was relegated to weekends where I could really spend the time needed to prep the smoker and watch it. With the ability to maintain heat and temp of the KJ being a tremendous time saver (my guess anyway) I wonder how long it takes you from start to finish to get a good bed of coals to begin your smoke.

Thanks,

Less than 15 minutes. I use an electic starter like this one.

e11607955edd211f9aa05d7b3e1bd804.jpg

And done.

y9e4ery2.jpg

Not sure if this is the right thread, but has anybody tried the McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Not sure if this is the right thread, but has anybody tried the McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I have and I didn't care for it. Seemed to salty for my taste

Chicken for the week. BBQ and Mrs. Dash seasoning

e4u6y8u2.jpg

yne7uqy2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back