Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Saturday morning, I hit a good tee shot with my 4 hybrid, that didn't quite get as far into the dogleg as I would have liked. I had about 145 to the center, and I had to get the ball up in a hurry and over the trees overhanging the entire right side of the fairway approaching the green, as I can't hit a cut on demand. I hit a nice high straight shot that went a little further than I wanted to, but it held the green. Ended up putting to a foot from about 40 feet.

Hit a couple this morning that would have been 'shot of my last 10 rounds'... it was definitely worth borrowing some new irons! The winner though was a lovely punch draw. As a 17 handicapper (roughly), I don't normally try to work the ball at all, but on the par 5 7th I was presented with a tough shot after my second shot didn't quite get the distance I had hoped. With 140 to the green, which was hidden way left behind the trees in the picture, I went for a 7 iron half swing and tried to put some draw on it (never tried this before). It flew beautifully, just 10 yards off the floor before curling back and rolling out toward the green. Shocked, I dropped another ball and went for the same thing again. First ball is the one further from the pin.

20140804_095534_zps86257d88.jpg

20140804_095941_zpsb69456ec.jpg

was on the 2nd a 175 yard down hill par 3 i stuck a PW to 3 ft

The best shot i saw was my brother hit a 56* to a very short par 3 it was right all the way off the tee hit a bolder and rolled into the cup for an ACE

Why does that sort of thing always happen to other people?!

J40 DPC PW from 144 to 2'. Birdie
J40 52* Wedge from 136 to 2'. Birdie

Sunk a 13m (44-44 feet) put for birdie after leaving the teeshot a bit short. Nice birdie!

Also had a great teeshot on the hole after that, big 1iron into the wind, about 230 yards, right where I wanted it to go.

Hit a GW from 117 to a foot, was nice, even backed the ball up a tad.

This iron battle is becoming harder than I thought it would be.

Went for the green in two and lost it a tad right when it clipped a tree perfect to knock it down about 105 out. Hit a choke down 3/4 PW to less than a foot for a tap in birdie.

Hit a 5w into the next fairway off the tee, but recovered with a 3h over some trees to a few feet in front of the green. Ended up getting up and down for par.

Got my first ever eagle! :banana:

Can't separate any of the shots as they were 3 of the best I've ever hit! On a 465 yard par 5, hit driver 310 then a 9 iron 150 with a touch of draw to leave the eagle putt off the fringe. Literally jumped for joy when it dropped. Only played two holes so hard to tell how the rest of the round would have gone, but I imagine it would have taken me a while to calm down...

20140805_095238_zps498716ed.jpg

Awesome, congrats on the eagle!!

Can't separate any of the shots as they were 3 of the best I've ever hit! On a 465 yard par 5, hit driver 310 then a 9 iron 150 with a touch of draw to leave the eagle putt off the fringe. Literally jumped for joy when it dropped. Only played two holes so hard to tell how the rest of the round would have gone, but I imagine it would have taken me a while to calm down...

20140805_095238_zps498716ed.jpg
Congrats on the eagle

Very nice! Congrats on the eagle!

3w, 240 into the wind.

OFF THE DECK in the fairway. Didn't hit the green, ended up short, but it was a BOMB. High and beautiful. I love this 3w.

To try and prove it was a fluke I dropped 3 more balls and pounded them all. I think though that it was the golf gods knowing it was my last hole of the day.

3w, 240 into the wind.

OFF THE DECK in the fairway. Didn't hit the green, ended up short, but it was a BOMB. High and beautiful. I love this 3w.

To try and prove it was a fluke I dropped 3 more balls and pounded them all. I think though that it was the golf gods knowing it was my last hole of the day.

Nice dude.

Me + 3W off the deck = TOP.

Nice dude.

Me + 3W off the deck = TOP.

I was laying up the whole time driving to the ball, then I figured it was my last hole, eff it. Made sure I didn't leave the face open at the top, and just pounded it. It was silly.

Probably won't ever happen again, but I can dream.

Best Shot Of Your Round

Toe sliced a 6i to the adjacent fairway today leaving me 140 with trees and a water hazard in the way. The safe play was to actually go backwards as punching under the trees meant hitting water, but it was towards the end of the round. I still had my 6i in hand, so I took a nice slow swing with the ball in the back of my stance. I ducked under the trees to see it hit 10' from the pin and roll to the fringe. Of course, I lipped out and missed par. But holy cow, I probably could not hit that shot again if you paid me!

Knocked it stiff! Hell of a shot Ag.

Imperial lake woods. It's not in good condition but it's close. Let me know when you want to get out, I really need a lesson in match play before #gauntlet. (Just in case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imperial lake woods. It's not in good condition but it's close. Let me know when you want to get out, I really need a lesson in match play before #gauntlet. (Just in case)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any time buddy, any time.

Giant, curling, low, 4 iron slice punch between two trees about 4 feet apart. Just aimed for the middle with an open face, punched the ish out of it. Turned about 80 degrees from target line, 170 yds, middle of the fairway, just 30 yards from the green.

Up and down for a par save.

Holed out from 145yds with an 8 iron for my first eagle. I looked like fred flintstone trying to get the cart to move faster...

Holed out from 145yds with an 8 iron for my first eagle. I looked like fred flintstone trying to get the cart to move faster...
Awesome, congrats on the eagle

Second shot on the par 5 from an awkward downhill line. Pin was on the back left of the green. I took a shorter swing aimed left expecting to push it a bit and struck it as well as I could ask for. Ball started right for the pin and held its line. It bounced once and hit the pin. Ball ended up about 8 to 10 feet away for eagle. Couldn't convert but did get the birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back