The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few years I'd grant you as true, but not historically. But always found it funny that A&M was a 4th place team in the Big XII and their still a 4th place team in the $EC. But they do lead the conference in arrests, so they have that going for them. According to arrestnation.com I believe 4 of the top 5 teams with the most arrests are all $EC.

We like to win at EVERYTHING. ha

For as loud and outspoke as our fans are, I'd think ohio state would be bigger.

For as loud and outspoke as our fans are, I'd think ohio state would be bigger.

Would have thought they would have more of West by-god Virginia...

Or PA, or Indiana? It feels like we are everywhere? Maybe part of florida, because of Urban, but hey.

Here's top hoping we're top 4.

It's only a surprise if you weren't paying attention to the TV ratings numbers. Or you live in a fantasy world like most texas fans who believe their longhorns are the most recognized and profitable brand in the UNIVERSE!!!!1!!!1!

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...-to-secs-genius-in-importing-the-aggies.html/

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013...ge-football-tv-ratings-2014-texas-am-missouri

So TV ratings = Aggie fans now. LOL. Come on easy, you are better than that. Don't let us Texas fans ruffle your feathers so easily. Remember, I married an Aggie so all of you aren't that bad. Johnny football played a big part in your ratings the last few years. Yes, even Texas fans tuned in to watch his magic. But your delusional if you think there are more Aggie fans in Texas than anyone else.

So TV ratings = Aggie fans now. LOL. Come on easy, you are better than that. Don't let us Texas fans ruffle your feathers so easily. Remember, I married an Aggie so all of you aren't that bad. Johnny football played a big part in your ratings the last few years. Yes, even Texas fans tuned in to watch his magic. But your delusional if you think there are more Aggie fans in Texas than anyone else.

Gotta agree with Nate on this one, even with A&M now being in the SEC, here in Georgia I still see more Texas logoed clothing than A&M. That has to mean something I would think.

We will have a winning record this year . Go Boilers, big 10 is a tough place to play on a weekly basis. Edit and added by paul

You should probably watch this video of Bama fans running to meet Nick Saban.

The annual running of the gumps. You know it is bad when bama puts it's own fans through such humiliation every year.

Unsportsman-like conduct on the second guy to reach the saban line for taunting.

Any time a team from another conference wants to trade schedules with an SEC team, the SEC team would jump at the chance. Can you say the same about the other team?

I know that I'm supposed to blindly accept that the SEC is automatically the toughest and bestest at everything football.

With that said, I wouldn't mind Clemson swapping schedules with UGA or Bama this season. Bama in particular has some favorable draws from the SEC East.

We will have a winning record this year . Go Boilers, big 10 is a tough place to play on a weekly basis. Edit and added by paul

Sorry, but I don't see that happening. I think they will be lucky to win 4 games. The Big 10 does have a few tough teams though for sure.

I know that I'm supposed to blindly accept that the SEC is automatically the toughest and bestest at everything football.

With that said, I wouldn't mind Clemson swapping schedules with UGA or Bama this season. Bama in particular has some favorable draws from the SEC East.

Really? Looking at their schedule, obviously @fsu is a killer, but beyond that I don't see what makes it a tough schedule, besides opening and closing with SEC teams.

Really? Looking at their schedule, obviously @fsu is a killer, but beyond that I don't see what makes it a tough schedule, besides opening and closing with SEC teams.

They play FSU, UGA, SCar. Coincidentally, Bama plays neither UGA or Scar this year. I'd take UF and UT over those two games any day this season.

So, yes. Really. I would rather have Clemson play Bama's schedule this season.

Buuuutttt Paaaaawwwwwwllll

:alien:

As an added note, there's a difference between playing SEC teams and good SEC teams. Bama's draw from the east is a great example.

It's one of the byproducts of the SEC conference cheering. Having SEC on your jersey doesn't make you a good team. Being a good team makes you a good team.

Typically, the bottom feeders in the SEC forget that point.

As an added note, there's a difference between playing SEC teams and good SEC teams. Bama's draw from the east is a great example.

It's one of the byproducts of the SEC conference cheering. Having SEC on your jersey doesn't make you a good team. Being a good team makes you a good team.

Wait what Vanderbilt isn't a powerhouse?

Wait what Vanderbilt isn't a powerhouse?

I'm not joking--

Last season, ESPN hyped the UK/Vandy game (on in prime time no less) as an "SEC Matchup."

Lulz.

Not worth it ATL. We went through this last year. Heritage makes things great. But ask Texas and USC what it does. Anybody think USC is a really tough game right now? The SEC has been the most dominant in the land for a long time, and that shouldn't be dismissed, but last year was the same thing. They played nobody out of conference and then 3 of the big names got beat in the bowl games (Auburn, Alabama and UGA) (FWIW, they did win most of their bowl games with their mid-tier teams beating other mid-tier teams).

The entire argument that out of conference should be a cupcake because our SOS is the best, does not fly any more with other teams winning. But until an outside body sets the schedule, which is a far bigger problem then a playoff, there is no clear cut answer on any of it.

There is absolutely NO REASON any team that is a contender should ever play bumfuq tech jv squad out of conference. Spurrier made a career out of it, the SEC has followed suit the last few years. There is just no reason for it. Its a money grab to go along with small hung boosters that fear a loss like they fear bankruptcy.

USC means Carolina, right? #SECalien

Not worth it ATL. We went through this last year. Heritage makes things great. But ask Texas and USC what it does. Anybody think USC is a really tough game right now? The SEC has been the most dominant in the land for a long time, and that shouldn't be dismissed, but last year was the same thing. They played nobody out of conference and then 3 of the big names got beat in the bowl games (Auburn, Alabama and UGA) (FWIW, they did win most of their bowl games with their mid-tier teams beating other mid-tier teams).

The entire argument that out of conference should be a cupcake because our SOS is the best, does not fly any more with other teams winning. But until an outside body sets the schedule, which is a far bigger problem then a playoff, there is no clear cut answer on any of it.

There is absolutely NO REASON any team that is a contender should ever play bumfuq tech jv squad out of conference. Spurrier made a career out of it, the SEC has followed suit the last few years. There is just no reason for it. Its a money grab to go along with small hung boosters that fear a loss like they fear bankruptcy.

JB one thing you have to remember is that playing the lesser schools allows them to experience "Big Time" college football that they would not normally experience. They are doing these schools a favor :alien:

JB one thing you have to remember is that playing the lesser schools allows them to experience "Big Time" college football that they would not normally experience. They are doing these schools a favor :alien:

I hate those games, but they do cash a $1MM plus check which is a big part of these FCS athletic budgets.

They play FSU, UGA, SCar. Coincidentally, Bama plays neither UGA or Scar this year. I'd take UF and UT over those two games any day this season.

So, yes. Really. I would rather have Clemson play Bama's schedule this season.

Buuuutttt Paaaaawwwwwwllll

:alien:

But I would personally think Auburn, LSU and A&M are as tough or tougher than the three you listed. So you have to look past the top three, and I certainly don't see a tough schedule past those three. I haven't looked at UGAs schedule at all, just Bama's.

And I guess it's fair enough for you to say you would switch schedules. I just bet Dabo wouldn't.

Yup UF gave Ga. Southern a taste of 'big time football ' last year... RIDICULOUS !!!

I know the man has made a career off of the lunatics on both sides of the Alabama/Auburn fan bases, but listening to the Paul Finebaum Show almost makes you feel sorry for the man. My goodness are the passionate morons annoying.

I know the man has made a career off of the lunatics on both sides of the Alabama/Auburn fan bases, but listening to the Paul Finebaum Show almost makes you feel sorry for the man. My goodness are the passionate morons annoying.

One look at his paycheck makes me lose all sympathy for him. Dude is raking it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back