The Official Tiger Woods Thread

This is getting as bad as Ian baker finch. It's like being sober in Vegas and watching drunk buddy fail with a sure thing. Can't look away but just want to shake him sober

I'm as big a Tiger fan as anyone but I have to say it's brutal watching him out there. Hope he finishes this 18 (don't want to see another WD) and he takes some time off to get healthy. He just needs to time to rest up, get the rust off and hopefully he comes back ready to go in 2015.

Same here, I'd rather see him take time off instead of having all the news about him every week when there is still good golf being played by other guys. Tiger needs to stop and come back when he is 100% ready, he is no fun to watch right now.

I sound like a broken record, but he needs to ditch Foley. Send Butch a bouquet of flowers or something. It was interesting listening to Fowler the other day basically say that as much as Butch has helped his swing, the changes are minor. He's just so good at helping your confidence and keeping things simple.

I never in a million years thought Tiger and Phil would look like old timers out there compared to what's playing now, I thpught they'd be invincible forever.

This is getting as bad as Ian baker finch. It's like being sober in Vegas and watching drunk buddy fail with a sure thing. Can't look away but just want to shake him sober
Great analogy.

I sound like a broken record, but he needs to ditch Foley. Send Butch a bouquet of flowers or something. It was interesting listening to Fowler the other day basically say that as much as Butch has helped his swing, the changes are minor. He's just so good at helping your confidence and keeping things simple.

Yeah you do but it's true. Fwiw, butch and TW can't work together. Swing is too far away from BH's style. At least that's what Butch says.

Hey JB we were taking about Foley just now, what do you think it'll take for Tiger to dump him? Would he ever do it you think? I just wonder if he keeps getting these results how long will he hang on I wonder. I mean pain free but with a swing that isn't getting him results in the future, will he look elsewhere I wonder. Especially if he sees good things just swinging on his own

I have no idea.
He is already 4 years too late.

I have no idea.
He is already 4 years too late.
That what makes me wonder. I mean yeah he won 5 times last year but clearly things aren't working now. I know he's showing discomfort but I think Tiger is a man who wants results and if Foley isn't producing, wonder how long he'll hold on. Just curious cuz thinking back to yesterday with that argument on golf channel with Brandel saying Foleys swing could be causing the back issues. Had me thinking

Well if you ask me I think Tiger is finished. He will never win another major. The old tiger that everyone keeps waiting for to come back is not coming.

Well if you ask me I think Tiger is finished. He will never win another major. The old tiger that everyone keeps waiting for to come back is not coming.

Will we ever see the old Tiger probably not but I truly doubt he is finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope he didn't make anything worse by pushing too hard to complete the round today. I also hope he shuts it down and gets the back as right as he can for 2015.

I hope he didn't make anything worse by pushing too hard to complete the round today. I also hope he shuts it down and gets the back as right as he can for 2015.

I hope Tom Watson calls him tomorrow and tells him he is not going to pick him for the Ryder Cup so that Tiger will truly shut it down for a while. He is not playing The Wyndham and will be out of the playoffs, but without that call Tiger will likely be grinding on the practice range.

I hope Tom Watson calls him tomorrow and tells him he is not going to pick him for the Ryder Cup so that Tiger will truly shut it down for a while. He is not playing The Wyndham and will be out of the playoffs, but without that call Tiger will likely be grinding on the practice range.

I agree.

Yep, he needs to shut it down.

And if Watson picks him he's INSANE.

The only way he should be there representing that team is as an assistant captain, and I don't think that's a good idea either.

I'm a big Tiger fan, and I agree with every word in this post. Focus on 2015, get healthy first, then find a swing that he can trust.

It would be un-Tiger like for him to go back to Butch. He's too proud to admit he made a mistake leaving him. I just don't see it happening. Then again, I didn't see him signing autographs after he stepped off of 18 on Wednesday. First thing he needs to do is get his range of motion and flexibility back. Then go about improving/changing his swing.

I never in a million years thought Tiger and Phil would look like old timers out there compared to what's playing now, I thpught they'd be invincible forever.

You hold your tongue! When you say things like that you remind me that I'm not in college anymore and tiger isn't winning everything.

It really does stink watching stars age. At least with golf there's still chances to catch a glimpse of what they were. Like I always say, enjoy things like Tiger and Phil while they last, they're gone before you know it. I'm going to enjoy watching this current young group now. Rickie be Rickie, Rory is back to form, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed...they all have some huge shoes to fill

Sadly, very sadly, Tiger is at the Michael Jordan with the Wizards stage of his career.

I think it was Thomas Boswell who wrote in the Washington Post today that if Tom Watson picked Tiger for the Ryder Cup, "it would be considered an act of treason and sabotage". I thought that was a pretty good line.

You know I look at Tiger and he just looks old to me. Being a Cincinnati Reds fan I was so excited when they got Griffey when I was in high school. You watch highlights of him in Seattle and it was like wow. Came to the reds had injuries and then just looked like an old man playing a young man's game. That's what Tiger looks like too me when I watch. These younger players just look so much better than him right now. I'm no swing coach or expert so I will leave the swing coach debate to the experts but something sure looks like it needs to change. As athletic as Tiger is I tend to think the trouble is between his ears, back issues not withstanding. So say he shuts it down the rest of the year and comes back next year and still looks like crap, then what? How about Jim Furyk that guy is looking ageless. Maybe there is hope for Tiger after all.

With Foley at his side and his mental game where it's at in afraid to say i think he's done. A swing that's meant to protect his fragile body seems to me to be more violent than ever. There's no fluidity to it a anymore IMO. I have no idea who he would go to for help, Haney isn't an option but I can't imagine Harmon holding a grudge? Tiger needs to suck it up and admit he's made some terrible coaching decisions and somehow find someone who'll help him make one more push.

With Foley at his side and his mental game where it's at in afraid to say i think he's done. A swing that's meant to protect his fragile body seems to me to be more violent than ever. There's no fluidity to it a anymore IMO. I have no idea who he would go to for help, Haney isn't an option but I can't imagine Harmon holding a grudge? Tiger needs to suck it up and admit he's made some terrible coaching decisions and somehow find someone who'll help him make one more push.

Think I agree with this. The worst thing in the world for him would be to get the Ryder Cup call right about now.

Sometimes I wonder if all of our criticism is warranted, he's obviously struggling with health issues, swing issues, and his mental prowess has got to be weakened from the sum of it all and we just add gas to the fire if you know what mean.

I'm really starting to feel bad for him, it's got to be demoralizing to go through something like this, It's Duval without the mid 80's rounds.

Watson should pick Stricker and give the assistant captain gig to Tiger.

Back