The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Watson should pick Stricker and give the assistant captain gig to Tiger.
Great plan! He could plan the 3am runs to the Waffle House to cruise for babes, saving the team countless hours.

Great plan! He could plan the 3am runs to the Waffle House to cruise for babes, saving the team countless hours.

Truth be told, I think Tiger would benefit from some time around Tom Watson. He could still work on his game.

Sometimes I wonder if all of our criticism is warranted, he's obviously struggling with health issues, swing issues, and his mental prowess has got to be weakened from the sum of it all and we just add gas to the fire if you know what mean.

I'm really starting to feel bad for him, it's got to be demoralizing to go through something like this, It's Duval without the mid 80's rounds.
I think for some reason we expect him to be that player from the early to mid '00s. Tour golf is something where the switch can't just be flipped "on". His expectations are too high, our expectations are too high.

He should have shut it down for this year and come in healthy next year. Chasing Jack forced him to play in 4 events when he should have been at home.

Sometimes I wonder if all of our criticism is warranted, he's obviously struggling with health issues, swing issues, and his mental prowess has got to be weakened from the sum of it all and we just add gas to the fire if you know what mean.

I'm really starting to feel bad for him, it's got to be demoralizing to go through something like this, It's Duval without the mid 80's rounds.

I def feel bad for what he is going through. Sunday he can barely walk and he thinks 3 days later he can play 72 holes. Granted if Tiger says to his people I feel fine I am ready to go there is not much they can do about it, then i see Dufner trying to play with 2 bulging Discs which I also think is crazy.

Sadly, very sadly, Tiger is at the Michael Jordan with the Wizards stage of his career.
As much as I want him to shut it down. He is in bad spot with this injury and swing. Not the down side of his career, not even close. If he shuts down now he has 6 months before he would show up to play at the Farmers.

As much as I want him to shut it down. He is in bad spot with this injury and swing. Not the down side of his career, not even close. If he shuts down now he has 6 months before he would show up to play at the Farmers.

He has done this before however and it still has led to the same thing.
We are 6+ years from his last major win.
Yes he won 5 times last year, which was very impressive, but equally had some very "interesting" tournaments.
The injury works right now for reasoning, but I stand by my thoughts that I have said for 4+ years and been told how ridiculous I am for 4+ years. Its his swing. Its not a mental thing, its not a this thing or a that thing, its a swing thing and has been.

I was told by Mward I believe after the switch that this swing would be perfect for him and "just wait, 2 years the majors will be there again". I have been told his putting is bad because he is working only on full swing. His short game is bad because of his driver woes. The end of the day, its all about the swing. They took an athletic guy, and gave him the swing tailor made for a man without athleticism like Hunter Mahan.

All day yesterday we heard about him heading to the parking lot, not finishing his swings, none of that was true. He was hitting bad shots. Yes, its after the injury, but I am sure you were watching it. What happened on the back 9? He stopped crowding himself to the ball, and swung on his original basics...Miraculously, he was finding fairways, and even made a birdie. If you look at his back 9 swings vs what we have seen as of late (meaning the last 4 years), you will see what I mean. The announcers talked about it being an "in pain swing" and I dont agree.

Yes he won 5 times last year, which was very impressive, but equally had some very "interesting" tournaments.
The injury works right now for reasoning, but I stand by my thoughts that I have said for 4+ years and been told how ridiculous I am for 4+ years. Its his swing. Its not a mental thing, its not a this thing or a that thing, its a swing thing and has been.

I was told by Mward I believe after the switch that this swing would be perfect for him and "just wait, 2 years the majors will be there again". I have been told his putting is bad because he is working only on full swing. His short game is bad because of his driver woes. The end of the day, its all about the swing. They took an athletic guy, and gave him the swing tailor made for a man without athleticism like Hunter Mahan.

All day yesterday we heard about him heading to the parking lot, not finishing his swings, none of that was true. He was hitting bad shots. Yes, its after the injury, but I am sure you were watching it. What happened on the back 9? He stopped crowding himself to the ball, and swung on his original basics...Miraculously, he was finding fairways, and even made a birdie. If you look at his back 9 swings vs what we have seen as of late (meaning the last 4 years), you will see what I mean. The announcers talked about it being an "in pain swing" and I dont agree.

Totally agree, the 5 wins was awesome but the swing is just for a slower golfer and he'll never adapt to it until he's older, like 10 to 15 years older. He's out of the shot before he even makes contact, it's terrible.

So what now then? Can you rebuild a swing for the 5th time at 39?

Oh? His wife left him and he lost some sponsor money?

Maybe being an ahole his entire life is catching up with him.

Maybe it is dude but 10% of the dues he's paid would kill most of us.

Yup he can, I truly believe he can get back to a modified version of the old swing faster than he'll ever get this new one.

Could it be done? I suppose it's possible.

Will it work for Eldrick? I suppose it depends on the definition of work.

Can he win 3 or 4 tourneys at his "home" courses again?....probably.

Can he compete with Rory and Rickie types on Sunday of a Major? I don't think so.

I've been saying he needed to not crowd himself quite a bit. and it was a pain swing but it was the right swing. It was the same swing he had at Doral on the back nine or on the range Wednesday.

I agree he has to change his swing and teachers. But you can't negate the mental break down from being invincible to be laughable. You also can't dismiss the fact he came back to early to try and make the Ryder cup. Roll it all up and you have a bad golfer. First and foremost he needs a coach that give him a swing that will work no matter what. He needs time to heal 100% and then he needs to get back in the mix to get that confidence back.

Oh? His wife left him and he lost some sponsor money?

Maybe being an ahole his entire life is catching up with him.

When I was working in SoCal, I played regularly at Navy Golf Club Seal Beach. Many of the old timer new Tiger and his dad. Let's just say neither were very nice folks. Both were banned from the course by the Admiral who was a regional commander at the time.

His personal life was between him and his now ex-wife.

He's now a show pony. Not relevant as he was years ago. Even now he's better than 99% of the rest of us golfers.

The more I learn about golf and golfers, the more I see 'the gentlemans game' as hype.

I know Tiger's infidelity is a big hang up for many. Here are a few infidelity statistics. 50% of married women have an affair, 60% of married men have an affair. In 80% of today's marriages at least 1 partner has cheated. Sounds like there is a whole lot of "karma" due. (statistics from The Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy).

I know Tiger's infidelity is a big hang up for many. Here are a few infidelity statistics. 50% of married women have an affair, 60% of married men have an affair. In 80% of today's marriages at least 1 partner has cheated. Sounds like there is a whole lot of "karma" due. (statistics from The Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy).

That does not mean someone can still not frown upon it or feel its disgusting.
But FWIW, I think quite a few were speaking of other actions, not just his infidelity.

It reminds me of the old saying...Just because someone else is doing it, does not mean you have to. Embrace on being a better person. Lots of people act like prima donnas, swear and throw clubs on the course. I still dont like seeing Bubba Watson do it and think he is an a$$ hole to just about every fan we have seen him encounter.

That does not mean someone can still not frown upon it or feel its disgusting.
But FWIW, I think quite a few were speaking of other actions, not just his infidelity.

It reminds me of the old saying...Just because someone else is doing it, does not mean you have to. Embrace on being a better person. Lots of people act like prima donnas, swear and throw clubs on the course. I still dont like seeing Bubba Watson do it and think he is an a$$ hole to just about every fan we have seen him encounter.

I agree. It should be frowned upon. Some of the sports player that I'm a fan of have likely cheated on their spouse. Some of the people that I work with have likely cheated on their spouse. It's just extremely common is my point. Many that are doing it will never be caught.

I agree. It should be frowned upon. Some of the sports player that I'm a fan of have likely cheated on their spouse. Some of the people that I work with have likely cheated on their spouse. It's just extremely common is my point. Many that are doing it will never be caught.

How many had a public image about family?

How many had a public image about family?

Does it matter when it comes to karma? Should karma only apply to those with a public image?

Does it matter when it comes to karma? Should karma only apply to those with a public image?

Not at all, I was referring to the general sentiment, not the karma. If one believes in karma, then it comes to that in time. I think as fans, people choose to root for 3 reasons.
1. Greatness
2. Identify With
3. Geography

If one chooses to root for greatness despite actions, that is fine. Nobody should be able to tell anybody who they can root for.

So is the rumor correct that Tiger stated he is done for the year? Would this also include if he was picked as a long shot for the Ryder Cup?

Back