The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday - lessons. Working on a new swing, short irons are coming along, long irons still need some work w timing.
Thursday - chipped and putted for an hour, with the new SeeMore that I was lent. It was rolling very well.
Thurs afternoon - took my swing to the course, with the SeeMore. Played 13. Front 9 - pretty inconsistent, including putting. Back 4 - went back to my old swing. One over with two one-putts.
Just keep plugging away, thing will get better.

I managed to squeeze in a large bucket tonight in between two tropical storms. I hit the irons pretty well despite the conditions. I spent the last 30 balls or so working on Bertha and changing the settings and shafts. I changed the adapter on my DI -6 shaft and hit it really well in the Neutral Standard setting. I'll keep it in the bag for now.

I haven't been able to practice much all week, so I am up at it early. I must say I'm loving my NetReturn practice net!!!

Practicing takeaway today, some pump drill, and placing an alignment rod at my hands (Freddie tip) to help with an inside out swing path.

Spent almost a couple hours at the range last night trying to work on my swing and it is very obvious when I am reverting back to the old swing

Having said that, I was hitting everything fairly well apart from the driver (which is the most noticeable when the swing isn't quite there) and nuked a few 3W shots past the guys who were hitting drivers in the bay next to me :D

Also spent time around the short game area chipping and trying to play shots from difficult lies (with mixed success) by taking the dozen balls I had saved from the range and throwing them down around the practice green and playing them as they landed so it was a constant mix of shots with some sitting up nicely, others nestled down and a mix of uphill and flat lies as well

And as there was nobody on one of the putting greens I took a couple balls over and worked my way round the green a few times in each direction as well

I am suffering slightly today, but it will be worth it

Played a screw around 18 last night at twilight. Good times. Some bad ones and good ones, but overall was pretty happy.

Played a screw around 18 last night at twilight. Good times. Some bad ones and good ones, but overall was pretty happy.

Hawk likey new irons?

Yea buddy and the driver and wedges. I hit the driver really well on a tight course. Even (sort of) long for me a few times.

Nice Im down with 2 of 3, you can guess the no bueno one

Nice Im down with 2 of 3, you can guess the no bueno one

I hear you. I'm surprised. I think it's going to stay in the bag for awhile. We'll see how Sunday treats me. Playing a pretty tough track and I'll need to be in the short stuff.

Had a playing lesson and I played bad off the tee, which is good cause it showed me and my coach what I need to work on. Irons were good real good and my short game was money he was really impressed with that part of my game.

For some reason I have let some movement creep into my head during the swing and it's screwing up my release and follow through. So I got that to work hard at. When the head stays still I'm crushing the driver and irons are pin point accurate.

Had to get to the range today, my apex pro 4 iron came in, weather was less than desirable but I just couldn't wait
i really love the feel and looks of the club, hit it really well with a baby draw, the couple toe hits I had were from setting up wrong, only problem now is I need to save my pennies to complete the set, I took my x hot 8 iron with me today for warm up but switched every 5 balls between the 4 and 8, after hitting the 4 iron that x hot 8 looks huge

For the first time since the MC I put in some practice time last night. Still trying to figure out which putter to game so rolled both the Seemore and Bridgestone, and also working on my wedges which has been the worst part of my game lately. Starting to figure out how to use bounce and think that will help me a lot.

Club championship is this weekend. I've been battling a sore thumb, I've rested it since Wednesday and it feels better. Question is should I practice tonight or rest it another night?

We've had an absurd amount of rain here recently, but it finally let up late this afternoon. Ended up having a really nice range session. Went over with the intention of getting the driver figured out. Hopefully what I found something will stick. My miss lately has been a big push/slice and I have been feeling like I'm just not committing to the shot and holding it off a bit being afraid of the big miss left. I forced myself to really fire through it. It worked. I got some height back, ball flight was either dead straight or had a nice baby cut. The sound at impact was much better.

I put the driver away after getting it where I wanted it to be and worked on some mid irons and wedges after that.

I got an hour of solid short game practice in yesterday. Grip and other putting fundamentals, then on to the chipping green to work on getting up and down.

Worked on irons at the range - put an alignment stick down and a towel 4-5 inches behind the ball to encourage hitting ball first. I have that plastic skilz tool that does the same thing but it's rather distracting having only a small channel to hit through and it makes it harder to hit inside to out as the channel is straight and this encourages a very straight through the line path. The towel behind doesn't bother me as much and has the intended effect. I was crushing my irons further than usual! Very effective drill.

Got to the range for a quick medium bucket this evening between storms and struggled a bit. I brought the 3,5, and 7 in the Bio Cell + as well as the woods and it just wasn't clicking, I couldn't find the sweet spot and the ball was going a bunch a of different yardages with each of them, I pulled the Mizuno 5 iron and it was a soft high cut every shot with nice grouping. I like standing over the Cobra's but I'll never adjust to jumpers. I've got some work to do.

Hit the range after playing 9 tonight. The racks were way forward today so I hit 100 pitches from 50yds alternating between high and low shots. Spent the next 40-50 balls trying to figure out my driver. Hit some poor ones before I found the groove I was looking for. Called it a night after that.

Hit a quick bucket at the range before playing 9 today. Just wanted to work on tempo and make solid contact. Overall I wish I would have put more work in because I made plenty of dumb mistakes. The good thing was my short game was solid.

Just hit what would be a small buckets worth in the garage, loving the fact that I can get some swings in at just about any time.

Ran out on lunch and went to the range. Trying to work on keeping my left arm straight on my follow through. It has been causing me to many problems. Really the main point this surfaces is on my drives, thinking maybe cut the driver down an inch or so to help with consistency.

Spent 90 minutes at the range/green and then another 30 in the net later in the evening. I'm not very happy with how I'm hitting the ball this week. Blah.

Good range session last night with a focus on trying to work the ball with my irons. High straight, low knockdown, draw and fade. I have to admit the last two are difficult to get the correct starting line. But hey it makes range session alot more fun and maybe someday I can take it to the course. Driver was really good and I'm feeling more confident with my new Bertha / DI-6 combo. Alot tighter dispersion than the stock Fubuki and a bit more distance. Hope the weather holds up so I can work on short game after work. #theGauntlet #GiveItAllYouGot

I've missed this thread a lot during the MC hang over. I've had zero desire to practice and honestly up until a couple days ago the thought of practicing to get ready for the club championship wasn't something I was looking forward to. However I think the either the hangover is coming to an end or the playing of poor golf has motivated me to get back to the range and start practicing again. I always play my best when I practice more than I play. Usually if I can get 4-5 range sessions during the week and play on weekends is when I put up my best scores. Needless to say I'm excited to get back to the range tonight.

I've missed this thread a lot during the MC hang over. I've had zero desire to practice and honestly up until a couple days ago the thought of practicing to get ready for the club championship wasn't something I was looking forward to. However I think the either the hangover is coming to an end or the playing of poor golf has motivated me to get back to the range and start practicing again. I always play my best when I practice more than I play. Usually if I can get 4-5 range sessions during the week and play on weekends is when I put up my best scores. Needless to say I'm excited to get back to the range tonight.

glad to see your getting back into the "swing" of things, you had me a little worried. I know what type of talent you have, just need work through the "hangover", they ice cream helps, besides, we are returning champs for this weekends tourney, going to need all the help I can get or my back might give out if I have to carry the other two....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back