Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Lou Pinniela thinks that the cubbies are on the verge of a WS. And it's not like a Cubs Manager has been victim of wishful thinking ever. Shoot . . . who am I kidding? A terrific year for us is making the wild card... but I still love it.

The Cubs are getting shelacked today. It happened to my Dodgers too.

Awesome game at Anaheim Stadium today!! The Angles had a great win with a few homeruns!!!! :clapp:

Doc Halladay is the man....9 k's and 2 bb's in 7 innings of work is a nice start

I love the Doc too. Go Phillies!

i'm a life long cubs fan but Jason Heyward (braves rookie) was super impressive yesterday. there's been a lot of hype about this young man and he more than delivered. the slimmed down zambrano got rocked yesterday, that can't be good for confidence.

i'm a life long cubs fan but Jason Heyward (braves rookie) was super impressive yesterday. there's been a lot of hype about this young man and he more than delivered. the slimmed down zambrano got rocked yesterday, that can't be good for confidence.

Fairly typical of the Big Z... nothing to see here.

Barry Zito went 6 innings tonight with 3 hits and 5 k's. As much as I hate the Giants, I would really love to see him turn it around this year. Its still one of my favorite stories of how he changed his delivery once he signed his big contract.

Barry Zito went 6 innings tonight with 3 hits and 5 k's. As much as I hate the Giants, I would really love to see him turn it around this year. Its still one of my favorite stories of how he changed his delivery once he signed his big contract.
Cain as the Giants #3 isn't bad at all

Cain as the Giants #3 isn't bad at all

Exactly but I think he really is a number 2, Bochy is just trying to break up the righties. Im not sure about Wellemeyer in the 5 spot but with Sanchez they have a pretty solid 1-4. I think Cain will be right there in CY Young voting this year.

I would like to see that too. You almost have to feel sorry for a guy that signs a monster contract then never plays up to it. You know no one wants to play up to the money than the player.

CC has a No No going through 7 1/3. Fox has it on. I hope I jinx him.

CC has a No No going through 7 1/3. Fox has it on. I hope I jinx him.

Pretty sure those ratings are low on THP with the Masters going on. hehe

Pretty sure those ratings are low on THP with the Masters going on. hehe

Haha, im sure. I have the Masters recorded for later. I did jinx it though, he gave up a hit right after I mentioned it.

Well at least us Yankee fans know who to blame now...LOL

Haha, I heard the announcers talking about it on the radio anyways. What ever happened to the no mentioning tradition? They used to just say "something special is happening right here" and you would figure it out.

Gotta throw a shout out to my Twins. An impressive 3 wins against the Angels and now go for the series sweep against the White Sox tomorrow.

All on the road against great teams. Record of 5-1. Keep it up Twinkies!

Gotta throw a shout out to my Twins. An impressive 3 wins against the Angels and now go for the series sweep against the White Sox tomorrow.

All on the road against great teams. Record of 5-1. Keep it up Twinkies!

Hate to break your bubble but both the Angels and White Sox are in last.
Loving those away uni's though.

Hate to break your bubble but both the Angels and White Sox are in last.
Loving those away uni's though.

In last because the Twins put them there. :act-up:

Really though, do you think the Angels and Sox will end up in last?

And the new road uni's came as a surprise. The Twins did a good job of keeping the look a secret until opening night.

Like you, I think they're sweet!

In last because the Twins put them there. :act-up:

Really though, do you think the Angels and Sox will end up in last?

Looking at the west it wouldn't be a surprise if the Angels do since their pitching is looking a little dreadful so early with not really much talent there to help. The Sox can go on any direction since they are so streaky. Unless Peavy starts lighting it up they have no legs against the Twins, Tigers, and Indians when it comes to pitching. I think the only thing that's saving them from last are the Royals.

But it's early, who knows. Maybe my Yankees can just pay everyone to lay down and die to make it easy on everyone.

Looking at the west it wouldn't be a surprise if the Angels do since their pitching is looking a little dreadful so early with not really much talent there to help. The Sox can go on any direction since they are so streaky. Unless Peavy starts lighting it up they have no legs against the Twins, Tigers, and Indians when it comes to pitching. I think the only thing that's saving them from last are the Royals.

But it's early, who knows. Maybe my Yankees can just pay everyone to lay down and die to make it easy on everyone.

What? Angels will win the West. Seattle is the only other team, and they're still not quite strong enough to take the Angels. They have too many guns not to win it.

Arguably, Chicago has the best rotation in the division. Not sure how you think they won't stack up in that regard.

Cleveland doesn't deserved to even get mentioned. They're a team of AAA players aside from a select few of them.

You're Yankees can feel free to lie down for everyone though. That would be nice. :act-up:

Haha, I heard the announcers talking about it on the radio anyways. What ever happened to the no mentioning tradition? They used to just say "something special is happening right here" and you would figure it out.

Agreed. On Fox, Buck was just saying OVER and OVER "CC has allowed no hits to this point. Very impressive, pitching a no-hitter through 7 1/3 to this Rays lineup..."

$##%^#$ JOE BUCK JINXED IT! haha

Agreed. On Fox, Buck was just saying OVER and OVER "CC has allowed no hits to this point. Very impressive, pitching a no-hitter through 7 1/3 to this Rays lineup..."

$##%^#$ JOE BUCK JINXED IT! haha

Poor CC and poor Yankees. :clapp:

And to think, an announcer who's in love w/ the Yankees jinxed it.

Awesome.

Jack Buck is rolling in his grave. I'm sure you think Joe Morgan loves the Yankees too right?

Do you think everyone who doesn't like the Twins likes the Yankees? C'Mon Man.

Poor CC and poor Yankees. :clapp:

Awesome.

Poor Yankees?

What happened to the Twins last year in the ALDS? Oh yeah, that series went by so fast I almost forgot.

What? Angels will win the West. Seattle is the only other team, and they're still not quite strong enough to take the Angels. They have too many guns not to win it.

:

I think the Angels will win the West but I dont think the M's and Rangers will roll over so easily. I think the Texas will surprise everyone this year.
I also agree, the Twins new uniforms look awesome and Morneau hit a F'in bomb against the Halos the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back