Interesting Par 3 Hole

Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing

untitled-3.jpg

Forget pitch and putt - this tee-off point on top of a 1,410 ft. mountain in South Africa
is the hardest golf shot in the world, and more than $1 million awaits the player who can score a hole in one.
Players must take a helicopter to the top to play the longest and highest par three on the planet.
Taking the shot also requires courage. A player needs to teeter terrifyingly close to the edge of the mammoth hillside.

Indeed, the Extreme 19th Hole is so high the ball takes almost 30 seconds to reach the ground.

Channel Nine cricket commentator Mark Nicholas recently joined an elite list to have the shot in just three swings.
"It was awesome, riveting and phenomenal," he said, "it's like the end of the world when you get up there and it's an awful lot of fun.
It's such an adrenaline rush taking the helicopter up and then rushing back down."

The hole is based at the Legends Golf and Safari Resort, within the Entabeni Safari Conservancy in South Africa 's
Northeastern Limpopo Province . The other 18 holes were designed by world golfing legends including
Trevor Immelman, Sergio Garcia, Padraig Harrington and Australia 's Robert Allenby.

A round of golf - including a buggy and lunch - will set you back R450 ($70).

The Extreme 19th costs is $1060 per four ball,
that includes helicopter ride, souvenir cap, glove, and a DVD of you playing the hole.

So far, no one has even come close pocketing the million-dollar prize,
but Harrington became the first golfer to conquer the hole within par.

Harrington said, "This is the type of innovation and excitement we need to get more people playing golf.
There aren't many new innovative ways to play the game but this is certainly one of the best.
I think this hole is awesome. I love the whole experience, the helicopter, the views, the drama and having the green the shape of Africa .
And now I've got bragging rights over all the other professionals who have played this hole
and not managed to make a three. I love everything about it."

I've seen this hole before...I always wondered what the pitch marks would be like if you hit the green.

Hitting a 4 inch cup from 1410 ft above? I think that million will be safe for a while. I've seen this hole on TV, but cant remember where...:confused2:

Not sure where I heard this but was told by a couple people that Paddy Harrington in the only person who has made par on this hole.

Yes Paddy was the last time I checked. Its on Youtube. Type in Extreme par 3.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pUUDf_55KQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pUUDf_55KQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Cool, I have never seen that before.

Now this is a par 3 I have been wanting to play! (It's on the bucket list)

picture this at augusta.

Extreme 19th

Extreme 19th

I don't know if anyone has seen this before or not but I just came across it today. If anyone has plans to go to Africa this would DEFINATELY be a course/hole I would pony up for to have the chance to play....enjoy!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5082256

haha I saw this last night on TV, talk about crazy. The guy had a great line, saying the whole idea came about over none other then drinks! Crazy how you have to take a copter up to the tee and it takes something like over 30 seconds for the ball to hit the ground.

That makes my legs wobble just seeing it on my computer, lmao. No thanks!

That just looks scary!!

I think it would be a BLAST!!! and would have to try it.

I think it would be a BLAST!!! and would have to try it.

The'd have to tie a rope around me while I was wearing a parachute and crash helmet. I get dizzy looking at that, lol.

I'm terrified of heights but I would have to try it if I ever had the chance. I would tee it up from the back of the box...5 more yards wouldn't make much of a difference...LOL

But that would hinder your swing. Just step up and swing away...LOL

Holy cow! I think you should get the million for making par...haha....

I would do this without a second thought if I ever had the chance.

No fear of heights here!!

that looks so awesome! and if your tee shot lands on the green you should be able to bungie jump or hang glide down for your putt!!

it said it was only $2 to play!!!

Back