The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

What are you guys doing about travel bags? I have a soft-sided one but I've read where the airlines have waivers now to not cover damage. Last time I used it was 4-5 years ago. I have been considering a hard case, but read about the bulkiness of them. I"m thinking I use my existing one but just cusion the bajezus out of it and do something to protect the club heads.

I have a soft shell Ogio case I use with one of those bag boy protectors. The name escapes me right now...it protects your clubs. You lock it in taller than your driver so when they slam your clubs it won't snap the shaft. Then I wrap my towels around everything to really hold things in place.

What are you guys doing about travel bags? I have a soft-sided one but I've read where the airlines have waivers now to not cover damage. Last time I used it was 4-5 years ago. I have been considering a hard case, but read about the bulkiness of them. I"m thinking I use my existing one but just cusion the bajezus out of it and do something to protect the club heads.
I highly recommend a Club Glove Stiff Arm or something similar.
image.jpg

Great idea on the head removal OH, hadn't thought of that. Will do on the driver. I just ordered the BagBoy BackBone that rtparty mentioned.

Guys there are multiple threads on travel gear. Please lets keep this one to the event. Thanks.

I cant even imagine how those courses look in Sept over Mar. Excited to see this event unfold!

I have a soft bag. And knock on wood, haven't had issues.

I will be taking off the heads, wrapping the #@^# out of them. I was a bit worried my soft sideed bagboy would not hold up, clubs shafts snapped. Thinking outside the box is genius.

I know it was mentioned previously but I can't seem to find it by searching through the thread. What will the dress code be for dinner on Friday and Saturday? Just want to make sure the correct clothes are clean for the trip. Thanks

We are close! I am so ready for this epic weekend to begin.

As a side note, I see a few opponents in the Gauntlet are also in my fantasy fb league. Extra trash talk!

I know it was mentioned previously but I can't seem to find it by searching through the thread. What will the dress code be for dinner on Friday and Saturday? Just want to make sure the correct clothes are clean for the trip. Thanks

I'm pretty sure it is casual. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

War Eagle from my iPad

I'm pretty sure it is casual. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

War Eagle from my iPad

The expectations is business casual. Look good. Not sloppy. I'm wearing slacks.

I regained a little bit of confidence today with a decent range session. I really worked on having a simple, easy swing. I tried a slightly shorter tee height with driver and was hitting the sweet spot. I think I'm going to have to go back to that on the course.

War Eagle from my iPad

Announcements

Friday Night Dinner will be at a local place called Truffles Cafe (7pm EST). We have a private room for the group of 24 and a menu with some awesome choices.

Appetizers - Chips & Salsa as well as Artichoke Dip
Entree choice of Mediterranean Chicken, Half Rack of Ribs, Meatloaf or Tomato Basil or Peso Linguine w/ Portobello
Dessert - Piece of pie

This meal is included in the event from THP. We selected the place based on local reviews and have heard nothing but great things. We will also have plenty of wine (red and white) for people to enjoy over the company of each other as well as Callaway Golf.

Which HH Location? Pope Ave or Sea Pines Center?

The expectations is business casual. Look good. Not sloppy. I'm wearing slacks.
I am bringig slacks and a button down. Better to overdress then under in my opinion

I am bringig slacks and a button down. Better to overdress then under in my opinion

I'm going slacks and a golf shirt.

Always a classic, cannot go wrong there

Had a feeling it would be held at that location. Nice choice, they have so many great choices I am still debating what to get.
There is a pre set menu so you won't have to ponder much

This will be a great event!

Can't wait to follow along!!

Back