What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I found a Nike 20XI and decided to play it today. I know nothing about this ball, and I didn't have high expectations because the ball sounded 'clicky' when I was fooling around with it. But I was pleasantly surprised. Good distance. Checked up fine. Okay in the wind. Has some fish gills on it now.

Callaway supersoft. Still a solid ball that I have enjoyed the few times I've used them.

Taylormade Project (a). AWESOME BALL!! If you haven't played it, try it. I usually want to play PRO V1's, TP's or similar, but this is just as good. I love it.

Nike RZN White. Long off the tee and spun pretty good on the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone e6. Surprised at how well I hit this one off the tee. Continues to work well in flight correction by spin reduction.

Taylormade Project (a). AWESOME BALL!! If you haven't played it, try it. I usually want to play PRO V1's, TP's or similar, but this is just as good. I love it.
I played those recently for the first time. I agree they are fantastic. I get just as much spin with those as any other ball I've played and distance is there too. And for a 3 piece urethane the price is great.

Loving the Q-Stars, thinking of picking up some E5s to see if I can get a bit more bite on the greens. Also like the Z-Stars but with the price tag I don't play them very often.

Played the first 18 of the day with an e6, and for me, it's a solid ball for the price.

I was fit into a B330-RX based on what I was currently playing and my discussion with the Bridgestone Rep, even though my swing speed fits more into the regular B330 series. Well Jimmy (Six4Three5) gave me a regular B330 for my second round today and I LOVED it. I don't have any science to back it up, but I believe it was longer off the tee for me than the e6, the B330-RX, the Wilson Duo, and the Srixon Q/Z Stars I've been using. It rolled nice off my putter and nothing different jumped out to me from a short game standpoint. Lastly, the ball looked as new on the 9th tee as it did on the 1st--unfortunately I lost it on the 10th.

Looks like I may want to go through another ball fitting.

Played ProV1x today - lost one in the H2o on 9, played the remainder of the round and another 9 with the same ball.
Good distance, moved a bit w the irons, spun it back, putted smooth. Nothing wrong at all with this ball.
Oh, and it was an older model. I couldn't tell. Distances were solid - drive 260, consistent iron distances. Good green side spin. Cannot ask for more.

I started the round with the SuperSoft today, I wanted to try it yet again to see if I was wrong in not liking it. I started by carding a 6 on a par 3 (well overshot the green) and then a 7 on a par 5. I switched back to the e6 and immediately went bogey/birdie/par. I don't think I can deny it now, the e6 is absolutely the ball for my game right now.

So now I just have to get rid of a few dozen Gamers and DT SoLos so I can make room for a few dozen e6s!

SR2. Let's just say I'm in love

Played a found super soft and was surprised how well it stuck the greens on full shots as well as it stuck on short chips and pitches.

The ball did feel marshmallowy but the flight didn't lie, yardage was shorter but that could have been my swing

Wilson Duo, for the second round in two days. So, with 5 rounds with this ball in play, I have 3 chip ins. I can only recall having one chip in ever prior to these rounds. I believe I will keep playing these for a while.

I played a couple project (a) balls on the front nine. I liked them for the price. I played a Pro V1 on the back nine and I have to say, I definitely played better with the Pro V1 than the project (a). Just suits me better I guess.

Combo of Duo and FG Tour. They were what was in my bag. I love both balls and honestly for me Duo is probably all I need. It is the price point champ. FG's were on major sale at Academy awhile back and I loaded up.:wilsonstaff:

Been playing the B330 for awhile and absolutely love the ball. I did sneak a few rounds in with the B330s to try it, but I am sticking with the B330 for the foreseeable future.

Played a Gamer V2 (pre-Dick's) today. I forgot how good this ball is. Very good distance and checks up well.

Played the TM Tour Preferred the last couple rounds. Really impressed with the durability and the playing characteristics. Played a Pro V1 on alternate holes last round and sound off the putter and distance off the tee were about all I noticed as really different. There is a bit of difference in spin and trajectory on the mid irons as well and the TP seemed to drop and stop off every iron where the pro v seemed to take long hops to stop off longer irons.

I found and played a Tour Preferred X a while ago. Best ball I ever played. I may even have to... gulp... buy some.

Played the TM Tour Preferred the last couple rounds....

Played the TM Rbz Urethane for the first time and really liked it. I did noticed it not rolling out.
Also used a x-out NXT Tour S and really liked it also.
If I had to choose which one felt better off the putter, it would be the RBZ.

Last edited:
Titleist sent me a two ball sleeve of NXT Tour S back when they first came out. I played them last weekend and really liked them. High flight, long and straight. Nice price point too.

Same as last year's ball, Srixon Z-star XV in yellow. Just the perfect combination of distance, spin and feel for my game. Also really like the yellow. My fading vision appreciates them.

I have been playing a Hex Control ball except for a short stretch 2 rounds ago, when I was using a ProV1. Not sure why but the ProV1 was just money. I may need to try a sleeve (lost the last ball I had).

Not even sure why I played this ball, but today I used a Nike Heat ball. At least I believe that's what it was. It performed ok for me. Nothing really that it did badly.

However I really struggled putting today which is usually not a problem of mine. I usually use a Calloway Hex Chrome. Maybe the Nike ball was to blame.....

Back