The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Amen brotha

anything is better than work at this point!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Somewhere in there is a sick joke involving Keith Carradine and a rope around my neck, but I don't think I need to go there right now.

Here's a dress with bugle beads:

make-bugle-beaded-dress-200X200.jpg

Holy Moly! I do like that dress. Please tell me it is slit up one side to the hip-point and you have black strappy high heels to finish it off. (Or more likely finish ME off.):sweat:

I'm leaving in another hour to get ready for my jewelry show!! YAY!! :clapp:

Boo Girl has decided to divide her savings into three piles for the earthquake victims in Chile, Indonesia, and China.

I have such a great kid.

One of the women in my foursome was a woman I met for the first time today. I noticed her ball marker immediately - it was a sparkly Hello Kitty marker. I admired it and at the end of the round, she gave it to me. That was so sweet and I'm so excited.

Baby Sacul is sleeping MUCH better this weekend than the last few. It's amazing how stress free a household can become when everyone's happy. On the flip side, my wife is coming down with something... here's to Baby not getting it!

Bear in mind that although The Kid loves baseball, it isn't his sport. He can't throw, he can't catch, and he can't bat. So this evening:
  1. His team won (they're 2-0-0 so far)
  2. The Kid got his first hit of the season (this ties last year's total and exceed that of two years ago)
  3. The Kid scored the tying run
Huge sigh of relief. Normally, I cringe my way through his at-bats.

And another-got the report on my shoulder X-ray.

It's not my rotator cuff-no surgery for me!

Old ligament injury has come back to haunt me. But the solution is physical therapy. Much better outcome--I'd rather do physical therapy stretches every day for the rest of my life than have shoulder surgery.

Way to have a good day, The Kid, and good news on the shoulder. That has to be a huge relief. And you don't have to enter a mogul field for quite while.

Kevin

Way to have a good day, The Kid, and good news on the shoulder. That has to be a huge relief. And you don't have to enter a mogul field for quite while.

Kevin

Yeah, that was Hubby's reaction--that I could ski next season. I keep telling him that golf matters more to me than does skiing.

Yeah, that was Hubby's reaction--that I could ski next season. I keep telling him that golf matters more to me than does skiing.

At least stay out if the icy moguls. Therein lurks an injury waiting to pounce.

Kevin

At least stay out if the icy moguls. Therein lurks an injury waiting to pounce.

Kevin

Sweetie, I am nothing but sports injuries. I've had enough knee problems over the years never to go near a mogul field. My issue is just general klutziness.

6:52am and heading out the door for a 7:30 tee time. Happy, happy ,joy,joy!

Got to work today, and a co-worker who is moving to another job, another base, left me a going away present. A dozen Titleist HP2 Tour TC balls! Apparently he was cleaning out his desk and found these left over from a donation campain a year ago... Guess I have some nice shiny water balls now! Anyone play these, how do they rate?

After all the carp I ate in Florida, I came home two pounds lighter.

Two HHJJs:

First, during a conversation with a co-worker, I learned that JetBlue flies down to Long Beach airport from PDX, about $100 cheaper than the big airlines and the first checked-in bag is free. Booked flights for all four of us for August and saved $400. :bananadance:

Second, I received some free goodies from Nike. I save CokeRewards points and got a pair of flip-flops for me and two pairs of shorts for my wife. Free is a very good price! :banana:

The Grilled Cheese truck is here today!!
http://thegrilledcheesetruck.com/

Looking forward to the Plain and Simple melt with American Cheese and carmelized onions :hungry: And I'm leaving at 2pm today :clapp:

Going out to dinner tonight where you can eat/drink/people watch outside on a great deck. By far the best way to imbibe drinks on a 70* day

Going out to dinner tonight where you can eat/drink/people watch outside on a great deck. By far the best way to imbibe drinks on a 70* day

Enjoy! That sounds like fun!!

I wil be getting back in the saddle as well tonight. Probably at home with me and the lady. Enjoy your evening and keep it clean!

Looks like the sports ended in a timely manner today, so my Sunday shows will be airing on time tonight. :clapp:

A picture truly is worth a 1,000 words (or jokes, laughs, etc)....So after seeing me and my 'Constipation Stance' posted all over THP I realized that my initial set-up could use some tweaking. I was following the advice of 'feel like you're leaning against a chair' a little too much and found myself 'sitting in it.' Lately I've been concentrating on standing more upright and bending more at the waist and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm getting more coil, shoulder turn, and arm extension on the backswing and a more fluid downswing and follow-through which is translating into longer and straighter drives than I had before. So thanks THP for taking that picture of me!

I'm done with my 3 month's goal for my jewelry business, YAY :clapp: Now I don't have to work as hard to get sales :) haa haa haa

I'm done with my 3 month's goal for my jewelry business, YAY :clapp: Now I don't have to work as hard to get sales :) haa haa haa

Congrats GC!

A picture truly is worth a 1,000 words (or jokes, laughs, etc)....So after seeing me and my 'Constipation Stance' posted all over THP I realized that my initial set-up could use some tweaking. I was following the advice of 'feel like you're leaning against a chair' a little too much and found myself 'sitting in it.' Lately I've been concentrating on standing more upright and bending more at the waist and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm getting more coil, shoulder turn, and arm extension on the backswing and a more fluid downswing and follow-through which is translating into longer and straighter drives than I had before. So thanks THP for taking that picture of me!

See? Nothing wrong with a little "constructive" criticism.:D Although I fear we might have taken it too far, thanks for being a good sport with all of this! I'd have to say, you're probably the most popular guy on here now!

congrats gchick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back