5.5 inch coming for me. I'll
Be preordering next week. Just not a huge fan of the camera lens but I'll get used to it I'll suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TH,
When you upgrade, will you be looking at the largest screen they offer?

Depends dude. I want to try them both out in store before I decide. I was intrigued as heck by the bigger screen of the androids but just didn't like the interface to be honest

Same here. I looked at android & windows phones, it they just didn't do it for me. I wanted a bigger screen & at the end of the day I just didn't like the UI. Plus add that I'm invested with the iTunes system it was just too much of a headache to switch.

At the end of the day, battery & storage never bothered me bc I always got the 64gb version. Outside of the recent bad batch of batteries, I haven't had issues of battery life.

That's definitely a big one eh? I can't remember the last time I used iTunes. Spotify monthly with some CDs in the car.

Did I read the camera is staying at 8 MPs? That is surprising to me, it seems a great number of traditional Apple users cited the camera as their reason for staying. I would have thought we would have seen something big on this phone. Although JB seemed to thing the stabilization was a huge deal, not sure how that works.

That super battery saver mode on the s5 is kinda neat too. Although it limits your phone, if you simply needed to keep your phone on for calls / texts the thing lasts like 5 days. I tried it on my mom's when she was in town. Was impressed for standard battery

yup. Nerfny used that on hers Labor Day weekend while we were camping. Started it Thursday night and still had like like 40% on her phone on Monday.

Did I read the camera is staying at 8 MPs? That is surprising to me, it seems a great number of traditional Apple users cited the camera as their reason for staying. I would have thought we would have seen something big on this phone. Although JB seemed to thing the stabilization was a huge deal, not sure how that works.

yup 8mp

Like everything I'm seeing from the new phones. Bigger screen - check. Better battery in the Plus - check. More features, bells and whistles - check. A new toy - check. I don't use my phone for business so makes my decision easy from a social and personal use issue.

Appreciate the updates from those that have been giving them during the feed as I can't watch it.

Still on the fence if I'll preorder or wait a few weeks to make sure there are no big issues from the release. But then risk the backorder dilemma.

so you can view what the iphone is looking at via the camera on the watch?

Just saw something interesting on twitter, none of the new tech has i in it. Its the Apple Watch not iwatch as expected, same with wallet. End of the "i" era?

UGH early 2015, come on it's the perfect X-Mas gift

That's definitely a big one eh? I can't remember the last time I used iTunes. Spotify monthly with some CDs in the car.

It's the biggest one they offer until the 128gb they just announced.

Just saw something interesting on twitter, none of the new tech has i in it. Its the Apple Watch not iwatch as expected, same with wallet. End of the "i" era?

I was thinking the same thing. That has to be on purpose you would imagine.

The watch was slightly intriguing until the $350 price tag. I am definitely off that train.

For $349, my Apple Watch interest is no longer high.

The watch was slightly intriguing until the $350 price tag. I am definitely off that train.
i thought it would be $499, but also that 349 is probably the lowest end model, that fancy big one with the metal band is probably higher $$

I'm not an apple person, but this latest release just makes me think they've figured out how to make money instead of how to make better phones. Screen size of the S3, no removable battery and no improvement except in the plus model, 8 mp camera, NFC and apple pay, apple watch, this sounds like a knock off of the Samsung catalog from 2-3 years ago, but everyone touts them as innovative because they make all of their underperforming toys play well together? Sounds like a good leap for people who are devoted to apple products, but doesn't seem to come close to other offerings from my perspective. Glad some of you are excited about the new features though.

For $349, my Apple Watch interest is no longer high.

I thought the same thing. I'm in the market for a watch, but at that price & dropping $$ on the phone I'll pass.

The only time I've needed more battery life with my iPhone 5S is when I'm skiing and the cold weather reduces battery life. To solve that problem I bought a 2400mAh battery case that gives me a total of 4000mAh - more than enough to last the entire day. Talk time with this case is 20 hours and my son was able to play games for the 15 hours of our travel day to Florida recently.

I think the mophie cases are pretty good for the iphones. If I had an iPhone again, I'm pretty positive I'd nab one of those cases.

The biggest gripe I have is a new case/cover.

An 8MP camera isnt a bad thing. If they can optimize the software and provide superior image stabilization I would prefer a higher end lower MP camera to a spec ***** model with a terrible processing system.

I think the mophie cases are pretty good for the iphones. If I had an iPhone again, I'm pretty positive I'd nab one of those cases.

They work great....at making you even more addicted to your phone. Run down the battery, charge it back up, run it down again. I'm convinced all the charging it back up contributed to my even crappier battery life.

An 8MP camera isnt a bad thing. If they can optimize the software and provide superior image stabilization I would prefer a higher end lower MP camera to a spec ***** model with a terrible processing system.

I would agree, but why not a high end high MP camera? It just seems that has been one of their biggest advantage in the past, seems like they would be aiming to hang on to that.

Back