Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
We got a brochure in the mail from Golf Galaxy a week or so ago announcing they were having a ladies night. The first 50 broads in the door would get a gift bag with several different sleeves of balls (Nike Karma, Callaway Solaire, D-2, Precept, and Pinnacle), a golf towel, and a $10 gift card. The last time we went to a GG open house type deal we didn't get there early enough to get the goody bag. Today's shindig was scheduled to start at 7:00 so we got there at at 6:10, which gave us plenty of time to spare. Mrs. Esox and Junior Lancer are feeling pretty good knowing they're going to get their swag. There's a sign outside that says the line starts here. The place is still kind of empty, a few women and your typical male club coveters wandering around.

Mrs. Esox and J.L. wander off into the racks while I hit a few putts and browse the club area. I see the Callaway rep we run into at every golf show or function we attend come through the doors with two monstrous staff bags full of drivers, FWs, and hybrids. He starts setting up at the launch monitor. I'm thinking that's cool because I want to see J.L.'s swing speed with a senior shafted Diablo.

Anyhooo, about 6:30, I see women start fluttering into line like the crows on the playground in The Birds, so I suggest the girls fly out to join the flock. I go back to stroking a few putts with a weird looking thing called a Backstrike. That baby rolls the ball nicely and while I'm scheming how to justify that $199.00 price tag, one of the GG dudes comes up to me and tells me, "Sir, it's 6:45. You're going to have to leave the store. In 15 minutes it's ladies only. No men allowed."

Say what! By 7:00 when they open the doors, there're about 120 golf crazed crows lined up around the parking lot, and they explode their way through the entrance like it's a 1950's white sale at the Monkey Wards. Who woulda thunk such a large number of the fairer sex would gather to shop for golf stuff with such a vengeance sans their sugar daddies?

As I excused my way through the line right before the stampede began, a white haired senior citizen lady says "Did they kick you out?" When I say, "Yeah, me and the credits cards," she yells out, "Good," and starts cawing hysterically, which gets the other crows going. It was a little chilling, I have to admit.

I end up sitting in the car for an hour and a half as did a number of other gender challenged dummies. I could almost hear the cash registers humming. Shirts, shorts, gloves, they done real good for themselves. Guess what they bought me?

Nothing.

But I was glad to see them have a good time.

Kevin

My last experience with a "Ladie's Night" was much better than yours, Kevin. I showed up at a local nightclub just as the Chippendales were finishing and they opened it up for a dance. 1 guy to every 4 or 5 women and all of them in lust from the male strippers. Oh, my, what a night.

Re: Ladies Night!

snicker.doodles said:
i hope they learned something about shafts.

oops.
Shaft flex, kick point, and tip hardness just took on a whole different meaning now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL at this thread. Well written Esox :laughing:

Re: Ladies Night!

Esox, just your description, and choice of words make that story that much better. You're the man esox!

Wow! That sounds like quite an event. I'm glad your ladies had a good time.

I guess they wouldn't have to twist my arm to leave the store with that much estrogen walking through the door. I handle a gaggle of women like I do a caboodle of children, only in small numbers.

They had a ladies night a few weeks ago at Golfsmith. I wish I was able to go :crying:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I saw that ad for that at the GG in Madison. It looked like a pretty cool event for the ladies. I didnt know that they would literally kick the men out of the store during that time though. Thats crazy!

I love your "yarns" Esox, just like being there. Great stuff! I am a bit surprised that "Broads" went un-noticed so far.

great read Esox!

Esox -- You Clem ca diddle hopper born again soul you :eek:).... You are gold with a pen!!!!

lol so naughty snicker doodles! :laughing:

So--how did J.L. do with the senior shafted Diablo?

So--how did J.L. do with the senior shafted Diablo?

Well, I wasn't there to see it, but apparently the launch monitor had her swing speed at 73-75 mph, her launch angle at 13.5-15, and her spin around 4,000. That was with the 11* Diablo Edge. The monitor was saying she was hitting them 185 to 190 with a couple up near 200 yards. I don't know that much about this stuff, but the Callaway rep says she's ready for the senior flex. The spin seems awfully high to me. Of course he wanted to sell them a $400 dollar driver. She likes the original Diablo better, so I'm keeping my eye out for a used one in 11* with a senior flex. We're just getting going here, her coach is a snow bird and got back a week or so ago, and she has a lesson today after school, so I'll talk to him. There's no hurry, but she's starting to balloon her Big Bertha with the ladies flex, and it ain't making her happy.

Kevin

Back