What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my "home" course for the last time before the Championship next weekend.

WOOHOO!

Awesome round, broke 80 for the first time with a 78.

38/40 8 pars, 1 birdie

32 putts 38% GIR and 46% FIR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41/39 for 80 in the 2nd round of the modified Stableford tournament I was in. I was even on my quota today but combined with the +9 I had yesterday allowed me to finish in 1st place by 2 points. Very nice win in our annual tournament between the guys I play in our Sunday group. Nice little $ prize as well.

Today was a tougher round, had to scramble a bunch to today. Only 5 Fwy hits, but several of these were just off line and in the rough. Only 6 greens hit. 30 putts but only had 12 putts on the back nine. (Did have one 3-putt and one 4-putt on the front!). 1 birdie, 10 pars, 5 bogies and 2 doubles. Felt like I got about as much as I could have out of this round. Played with a good bit of pressure knowing that I had the lead after Day 1 of the tourney.

78 today. Had 2 doubles on the back that cost me. Couple of mental errors.

After my first round today, I had nothing better to do so I played 18 more and matched my first round with another 39-38-77. I finally dropped a birdie on #17 (2-putt) to go with 6 bogeys. Hit 10 GIR and 10 FIR so everything was solid. I just couldnt get a putt to drop. Best part was that I only had one double bogey through 36 holes today. I'm usually good for at least 2 per round so this was a great development. Course was pretty empty so I flew around. Played the first round in 3.5 hours and the second in 3. 6.5 hours for 36 holes is pretty darn good. Now my Steelers are on. What a day!

Didn't play today but played yesterday. Shot 3 over 75. 38/37 left a few out there. Especially on the double bogey. But birdied 2 par 5s on the back 9. Almost holed out for eagle on 11 from about 120. The wind was pretty brutal so I'm very happy with the round.

ra8ahe8u.jpg

Last edited:
38 - 40 - 78. Only 1 birdie and a bunch of bogeys. Nothing great, nothing horrible. Was hoping to build on the good ball striking round last Sunday but it just didn't come this weekend. Hopefully got all the mediocre shots out of my system before next weekend.

The best I've played since the initial shoulder injury in July, today in our club cup individual match round I won 5 and 4 and was three over par through 14 holes.

Rough day today. Shot 90. I was playing from the blues which were a bit long for me, but we had some big hitters in the group and I was trying to be social (business outing). I was missing left, which I almost never do. I kept waiting for my fade to come back and it never did. But in the meantime, I cost myself penalty strokes on several holes as a result.

Had a rough rough day yesterday. I was happy with how I drove the ball for the most part in both rounds. A few shots got away from me. Where I wasn't happy were my wedges and putting. Shot 45/44 and 44/49. The wind was brutal all around, but still no excuse for the number of triple bogeys.

Yesterday's rounds in BRUTAL WIND:
43/51 in which the 51 was due to taking 14 combined on 17&18 just played dumb and let a good round slip away. My fault and lesson learned!

Second round in even worse wind:

46/48 the wind was insane! Never played in 40+ MPH wind!
I have now and I got my fill!

Happy overall with how I played I left a lot of shots out on the course, didn't seem like I made any putts all day, so with a little focus on putting, and mate a little more discipline these would be too pretty decent rounds for me.

In yesterday's windy conditions, I shot 44/39 for 83 and then the wheels came off with a 48/48 for 96. I was driving the ball really well in the first round, and I made a couple birdies on the back 9. Only disappointment was carding a triple bogey on 18 to end the back with 39. I had no idea I was even on the back until we tallied the score. In the second round, I was getting tired, and it showed in my swing. I got myself in trouble early and often off the tee. I really needed to club down and get the ball in play, but I was too stubborn. Overall, a very fun day, under very challenging conditions.

LOL at the last three posts being about the wind. It was pretty blustery yesterday wasn't it.

I took my son with me for nine holes yesterday afternoon. Played the back nine and carded a 42. Not too bad at all considering I hadn't played in a couple weeks.

I hadn't touched my clubs in about a month before this weekend, and the results showed.

84 at Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes. (Note -- knocking off the rust on the Hills Course on a windy day is not recommended.)

81 at CC of HHI.

No birdies the entire weekend. Lots and lots of burned edges and lip outs. A couple "ugh" moments.

I actually struck the ball much better than expected. Short game was decent, but scoring was just not there.

Again, as expected. I need to get out more and practice.

I hadn't touched my clubs in about a month before this weekend, and the results showed.

84 at Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes. (Note -- knocking off the rust on the Hills Course on a windy day is not recommended.)

81 at CC of HHI.

No birdies the entire weekend. Lots and lots of burned edges and lip outs. A couple "ugh" moments.

I actually struck the ball much better than expected. Short game was decent, but scoring was just not there.

Again, as expected. I need to get out more and practice.

Im sure the slow play didn't help on the Hills course.

Shot the 2nd best round of my life at Yankee Trace in Centerville, OH. :banana:Great course and for me a phenomenal round of 87. Best round ever was an 85. Had a shot at 83 with
3 to play and choked. But all-in-all I was happy. Only choked one drive. The long irons were good, the short irons not so much. I bought a new Ray Cook putter a couple of
weeks ago and it is much better than the last one. So it stays in the bag. :clapp: Then at our group outing last Friday, came within 3ft of a hole-in-one on a 175yd'er. All the practice
came in handy over the summer. So far it's been a good year for my golf game. Shaved 20 strokes off the previous few rounds. :blob:

42/39 - 81.

You could tell it had been about 3 weeks since I had played. Started off a bit rusty. Held it together though. EXTREMELY slow round.

After I shot an abysmal season worst, at a critical moment, on Saturday...I went out today and shot a decent 75.

On Saturday I played in a mid-tour qualification competition and had the worst luck ever...every "bad" shot turned out to be a disaster...if I shot from the tee, OB, missed second shots were unplayable, ball not found or OB. I didn't get a break. 3 birdies though, but ended up with 92. 79 would have been in the top 10 and I would've earned a card for the next years tour. (It's an amateur tour for 35+).

But...today I shot a good / decent 75 and enjoyed my time. Maybe next year.

Played for Team Michigan yesterday and shot 78, 80. Wasn't my best ball striking day but I'm pretty pleased given the conditions -- the wind!

Got beat score wise in both my matches to DavidWinchell yesterday...believe he went 75, 80. To me, a tie is a loss!

Yesterday was my second 79. Was such a bummer too cause the last three holes went double, bogey, and bogey.. Not one birdie, but ALOT of pars lol. First round out with the new Versa putter as well.. Didn't count the putts but drained some good ones from 10'-15'.

Played for Team Michigan yesterday and shot 78, 80. Wasn't my best ball striking day but I'm pretty pleased given the conditions -- the wind!

Got beat score wise in both my matches to DavidWinchell yesterday...believe he went 75, 80. To me, a tie is a loss!
Ahh but your team came out on top in that first 18.

39/37 = 76. Same course as last, Chapel Ridge. Love the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back