Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which irons are you reffering to?

The new Nike line being discussed above.

It's funny, I thought the same about Covert irons... And I bet a majority of my interest towards the new line is the name and how storied that is in the other sport I enjoy.

Maybe. I hear Volt and think of the car. I have no issue with the name, but dont have an attachment either. I just saw post after post about how amazing looking they were and personally didnt see it, thats all. Completely subjective of course.

Im in the minority in the looks of the new irons, but look forward to hearing how the work. I know many were drooling over them, but to me they were not the prom queen but the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend). I have a set of each here and will be testing them alongside you guys.

They're abstract as heck, but something about the lines of the clubs has my eye.

As we know, Nike is king of the hype (look at the covert) but delivering on that hype fully has eluded them (again, covert....and throw in dymo etc).

Im in the minority in the looks of the new irons, but look forward to hearing how the work. I know many were drooling over them, but to me they were not the prom queen but the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend). I have a set of each here and will be testing them alongside you guys.

It's funny.. That is what I love about golf and discussing it here. I think they are gorgeous and you don't and I know others don't either, but we can speak objectively about our likes and dislikes without being flamed for if

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I've been sitting here today also just thinking about this years releases in general, I thought last year was a GREAT year for consumers for options of really solid clubs. This one might be better.

That and I drool about Srixon. A lot.

Maybe. I hear Volt and think of the car. I have no issue with the name, but dont have an attachment either. I just saw post after post about how amazing looking they were and personally didnt see it, thats all. Completely subjective of course.

I hear Volt and i think car as well. I hear Vapor and I think about what works well for me on an ice rink. it's interesting.

Is the swoosh something that can be customized by golfers who enjoy paintfilling, or is it material rather than paint?

An inexpensive LH driver that's a few releases old for the wife.

An inexpensive LH driver that's a few releases old for the wife.

Frank, check the bay for some Amp Cell ladies heads. I got Amanda's righty for a SONG. Was some really cheap lefties a couple months back as well.

It's funny.. That is what I love about golf and discussing it here. I think they are gorgeous and you don't and I know others don't either, but we can speak objectively about our likes and dislikes without being flamed for if

Damn skippy dude.

Thats a lie. Everybody must agree with me. Dont you know that by now. :angel:

I hear Volt and i think car as well. I hear Vapor and I think about what works well for me on an ice rink. it's interesting.

Is the swoosh something that can be customized by golfers who enjoy paintfilling, or is it material rather than paint?

And I hear Vapor and think of average golf balls and shoes. Different strokes.
Totally understand the idea of buzz words getting one going though. See my thoughts on Heaven Wood.
I think they could be customized.

Frank, check the bay for some Amp Cell ladies heads. I got Amanda's righty for a SONG. Was some really cheap lefties a couple months back as well.

Thanks for the tip. Are the heads the same for men and women or is the ladies head different?

Thanks for the tip. Are the heads the same for men and women or is the ladies head different?

Same head, diff color. Cobra even tests the ladies at 127ish like they do the men's heads. Had a funny convo with them about that.

I wish I would of given the Amp Cell pros a go two years ago. Just for grins

Hes talking about irons my educator friend.

I need to just focus on the throwing up today and not the reading, writing, or perhaps even breathing.

Oof.

Why is it that when I saw the Srixon irons the J40 CB's came to mind?

I've been sitting here today also just thinking about this years releases in general, I thought last year was a GREAT year for consumers for options of really solid clubs. This one might be better.

I have been underwhelmed by the irons so far this year but am really excited about the drivers coming out. I have gotten my hands on a few of them and think they are an improvement over previous lines.

Irons I have not seen enough on a few of them look nice but I have not heard much about them or had any hands on with them to comment. Nikes have my interest though as I have loved the sets of pro combos I have had in the past and this one looks outstanding.

I'm drooling with you. Really liked MD's 545 7 iron when I hit it on the range, very smooth and even in that wet turf the interaction was pretty good.

But I'm locked into my TM CB's through next year.

I have been underwhelmed by the irons so far this year but am really excited about the drivers coming out. I have gotten my hands on a few of them and think they are an improvement over previous lines.

Irons I have not seen enough on a few of them look nice but I have not heard much about them or had any hands on with them to comment. Nikes have my interest though as I have loved the sets of pro combos I have had in the past and this one looks outstanding.

Tons of good drivers. But I just don't know if I could hit anything much better than my OptiForce. But I'll certainly give the 545 a look next year and see if Bridgestones new one is friendly enough for a higher cap.

Of course will have to give the V series a look.

I'm drooling with you. Really liked MD's 545 7 iron when I hit it on the range, very smooth and even in that wet turf the interaction was pretty good.

But I'm locked into my TM CB's through next year.

Tons of good drivers. But I just don't know if I could hit anything much better than my OptiForce. But I'll certainly give the 545 a look next year and see if Bridgestones new one is friendly enough for a higher cap.

Of course will have to give the V series a look.

I think Callaway absolutely knocked it out of the park once again with the drivers for next year

Still thinking wedge set (50,54,58)

Time to kick the 4i out, so I'm pondering a 4H.

I need to hang out in the marketplace more...

That's what I carry, love it. I'd rather have more options inside 100 that at a 4i distance. IMO

Been looking at stand bags for hours for the 2nd night in a row and just can't get excited about any of them....uggg

Been looking at stand bags for hours for the 2nd night in a row and just can't get excited about any of them....uggg

Why do you want a stand bag? Do you carry ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back