Wilson Staff & THP #PersonalDistance - Live Update Thread

How was the golf course today guys? Were the drivers easy to drop right into play?
Course was solid...it was wet in places and due to frost delay they couldn't mow greens. Can certainly see the potential for it to be amazing on a normal day.
Love the setup was just stellar

How was the golf course today guys? Were the drivers easy to drop right into play?

The course was perfect for what we were doing today. There was trouble in areas on every hole, but in true links fashion, there were maybe 10 trees in play on the course. So we had some room to miss. A few awesome elevated tee boxes and a few blind tee shots but all in all it was perfect for today. We lucked out with the wind being so calm too

I can't wait for the pictures to get posted so you guys can see the course. There were some amazing layouts there

Greens were fast even if they weren't mowed. Drivers saw the course right away. Took a few holes to dial in, then they were gamers. LONG!! Cool sound.

I knew this was going to be fantastic after talking to JB this summer, I really wanted in.

Looks like an amazing day.

Me: "I could/would never game a player's utility iron"

BOOM!

Me (and PhillyV): "This could get expensive."

Last edited:
Someone asked for a recap of things we received. Each of us got a custom embroidered backpack filled with swag. There were hats, t-s***s, headcovers, gloves and 3 dozen balls, one type that hasn't been released yet, all with logos from this event. We also received envelopes with coupon codes for various brands within the family. Each of us then received more personal gifts based on our answers to several questions they sent us several weeks ago. In my case, I received a Suunto watch and a roll of Wilson Staff poker chips. We also were obviously fitted by tour fitters for the personalized drivers. I am having trouble describing just how special this event was, and what it means to me. My world was rocked, and I am a believer.

Wilson brought it strong. Think about it. A bunch of them worked very late on Friday to give us tours and entertain us, then a bunch of them got up on a Saturday for an event that started at 7 am to spend a huge chunk of their weekend talking to a bunch of strangers about their story and where they are going. I am beyond impressed.

Last edited:
Was a lot of fun reading through this thread today. The personalized swag was a great touch. The professional fitting on a trackman by a TOUR fitter is just a "once in a lifetime" kind of experience. I'm incredibly happy for you dudes.

Way to bring it Wilson Staff and THP!!!

This is just still SO incredible. I really couldn't be happier for you all. Well done W/S. Well done indeed.

So awesome. Impressed with how they really opened the curtains for you guys to see behind. And to be fitted for a custom driver too. And swag bags? So rad. So envious

Impressive to say the least. Props to all, especially Wilson, first class all the way

Just read thru the entire thread - and relived the day!
What a great experience! #PersonalDistance big time! I was given a ski helmet&goggles by soloman, which is a branch of WS. Also an official NCAA soccer ball, because I play(ed) ball in college.
The D200 driver is money- get fit when it comes out!!
I hit the V4 irons at their demo tent at the course - my first thought is "Wow! These feel great!" Easy to hit, easy to move the ball, and pretty forgiving.
Just an unforgettable day. Absolutely over the top - beyond expectations and I am so grateful for this opportunity.

Great reading the updates on this event. You guys had a blast from the looks of it,some great information for sure. The driver looks slick,adding to my must try list. Thank you all for sharing your experiences at Wilson.

Had a great time today teeing it up with Michael V from Wilson along with Jrod and Dcbrad. A few good golf shots hit out there and tons of laughs. ..and a few videos that will be airing soon

Last edited:
Had fun reading through the thread. You guys killed the coverage, I especially liked the play by play coverage of the fittings.
Wilson went above and beyond in their treatment of you guys, the personalized gifts were a great touch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Just reading this is awesome, can't imagine how amazing this is for the guys being there!

The amount of time and effort Wilson has put in to creating this experience says a lot about them. Just look at the swag bags; which major manufacturer would go to the lengths they've gone to give it such a personal touch? And having their tour people fit 9 ordinary guys with their latest drivers, just WOW!

This is going to change a lot of opinions about the brand.

Just caught up on the posts from last night and I am still seriously impressed with what Wilson Staff have done for you guys

I think this has put WS firmly on people's radar and I just hope that more people don't dismiss them

Caught up on the last part. Really liking the thoughts on the driver, can't wait to hear more about the other clubs. Your recaps are going to be a lot of fun to read. Glad everyone had a blast, safe travels home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3:45 wake up call, and a long drive to Midway are behind me. 6 AM flight, here we go.

Safe travels. Short shuttle ride to ohare for me and I take off in a couple of hours.

What a great weekend with Wilson

We will have a full recap thread coming soon with a TON of footage from the event.

This was an incredible follow yesterday. Wilson Staff absolutely went above and beyond for you all and it was a treat to watch. I'm smiling for all of you and what you guys got. Safe travels and thanks for the great thread updates.

Back