Wilson Staff & THP #PersonalDistance - Live Update Thread

I said to him, FINALLY you did it. I've been waiting for them to make another hybrid that spoke to me.

The shaft on the driver will be hit and miss. Fittings showed that most did better with other options, but I think for the slower swing speeds that need some help with both speed and elevation it'll be a good option.

So true. The stock option was not the one for me. I think my spin numbers were north of 4000

So true. The stock option was not the one for me. I think my spin numbers were north of 4000

Seeing your first swings compared to your last few was pretty freaking cool. Huge difference.

Seeing your first swings compared to your last few was pretty freaking cool. Huge difference.

I don't think the stock option was terrible, but the fitting really helps squeeze that last 5-10% out of the club. And whatever PhillyV was doing on Saturday should be good enough for anybody.

I cant wait for the recap thread to go up. But Ive seen my buddy DCbrad swing 3 different drivers since last year's MC and what I saw on Saturday from him with the D200 absolutely dumps all over everything else he has ever gamed. That is assuming he likes long off of the tee and hitting almost every fairway.

I cant wait for the recap thread to go up. But Ive seen my buddy DCbrad swing 3 different drivers since last year's MC and what I saw on Saturday from him with the D200 absolutely dumps all over everything else he has ever gamed. That is assuming he likes long off of the tee and hitting almost every fairway.

Re: The new WS Driver and hitting fairways -
On Sunday, using the D200 driver for the second round, I hit 11/14 fairways. The three misses were right - one rough, one fairway bunker, one bad swing into the wind.
Using my current (fitted) driver last Wednesday, where I shot my PB 77, I hit 8/13 fairways.
'Nuff said.

Didn't even take junk 5 minutes to figure me out. He and Duffy know their stuff in a major way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't even take junk 5 minutes to figure me out. He and Duffy know their stuff in a major way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep - Five swings to know if a shaft works for you. I don't think I took more than 20 swings w driver total.

Duffy knew exactly where he was going with me as well, we hit stock, and then moved to two aftermarkets, and once the tour blue was in it, it was a match made in heaven. Hawk and I are "shaft brothers." His quote, not mine. :alien:

Duffy knew exactly where he was going with me as well, we hit stock, and then moved to two aftermarkets, and once the tour blue was in it, it was a match made in heaven. Hawk and I are "shaft brothers." His quote, not mine. :alien:

Haha, I think that is only a step away from being eskimo brothers.

Anyone know when were going to get the spec's of the V4 irons?

Don't quote me, but I think info on them is still a ways off.

I have been thinking about these irons a lot. I don't know if they are a logical replacement for the Rocketbladez Tour irons I am playing. I am torn between the C100s, V4 and even the M3. The V4s seem to be pretty forgiving for a player's iron.

I loved the V4's when I hit them at the range Sat. Might be a future purchase.

Back