The Golf Chick Project

bummer...

Golf is all about small changes! Well, since my first lesson last Tuesday, I've been trying to keep my arms together through the swing and have a complete follow through. We went to our Par 3 courses near us over the weekend, so I was putting all the stuff I learned into practice, wow, I hit worse than when I had my chicken wing swing!! But I guess because I'm working on changing my swing, it won't be great when I practice it, but I was 31 over on Saturday and 26 over on Sunday - ON A PAR 3 COURSE :nono: I guess it will just take some more practice and working with my new instructor. I can't wait until tomorrow's lesson. I'm hoping it won't rain, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have our lesson tomorrow.

You've obviously got too much too think about at the moment and it must be impeding your ability to swing freely. Make a few practice swings and then set up and switch your brain off and let it go. It always takes time to implement fundamental changes but the main barrier to progress is the constant feeling of having to check that you are doing it correctly and this stops you from swinging in a relaxed and "free" manner. Paralysis by analysis as it is usually called.

Practice while thinking and hit the wretched thing with your mind free from swing thoughts and let it happen, slowly as you practice your swing will naturally develop into how your instructor wants it to be. And don't be afraid of bad shots, every one you hit is one out of the way before you get to the level of consistency that you are working for. We are too often crippled by fear when we play, missing 4 foot putts, hooking OB or duffing a chip, when we relax and execute a relaxed stroke/swing the results are nearly always positive.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and good luck.

You've obviously got too much too think about at the moment and it must be impeding your ability to swing freely. Make a few practice swings and then set up and switch your brain off and let it go. It always takes time to implement fundamental changes but the main barrier to progress is the constant feeling of having to check that you are doing it correctly and this stops you from swinging in a relaxed and "free" manner. Paralysis by analysis as it is usually called.

Practice while thinking and hit the wretched thing with your mind free from swing thoughts and let it happen, slowly as you practice your swing will naturally develop into how your instructor wants it to be. And don't be afraid of bad shots, every one you hit is one out of the way before you get to the level of consistency that you are working for. We are too often crippled by fear when we play, missing 4 foot putts, hooking OB or duffing a chip, when we relax and execute a relaxed stroke/swing the results are nearly always positive.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and good luck.

That is true!! My swing has been slower since and I'm thinking about way too many things during my swing! I'm hoping with enough traffic, my muscle memory will kick in and do its thing! Its such a bummer that my lesson today was cancelled due to rain...oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait another week until next time :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My golf lesson has been cancelled :crying:

Sorry to hear that your lesson was cancelled but on the bright side, it means you have another one in the future!

So, I'm hoping for lesson #2 on Tuesday, but its looking like it will rain again, so we'll see. Stopped by the range today, saw my instructor working with a student and waved hi to him. Went to hit a bucket of balls and wow, I couldn't even hit 100 yards with anything :( Its just getting worse and worse and worse...I guess it'll get much worse before it gets better :confused2: My driver, I hit about 120 yards, but man...even with my 4h couldn't even clear the 100 yard marker :crying: Until tomorrow...

keep at it girl stay positive! :D

I'm hoping for my 2nd lesson tonight
fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-smiley-emoticon-000674-large.gif

Lessons #2

Lessons #2

I just got home from my 2nd lesson. WOW!!! We worked on my swing and keeping my arms together. My problem, I twisted too much. I don't need to twist that much and the club will do all the work for me. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it goes something like this: 35% shoulder turn, 25% hip turn, 10% knee turn, but you keep your center of gravity behind the ball and not too far behind the ball. So I realize now, that I don't need to fully twist, this was hard to do because I wanted to twist my hips all the way. He videod me again today, wow, what a difference from my first lesson and tonight's lesson. My arms are much straighter and I have an extended follow through. My swings were looking phenomenal AND my balls were going straight and high up in the air effortlessly. So, I put my bag and clubs in the trunk of my car along with my shoes, and after work tomorrow, I'm going to hit the range with a small bucket of balls and practice what I learned today. We completed the full swing whereas last time, we were just working on my 3/4 swing and keeping my arms together and straight. I can def. notice a difference. :clapp:

woo hoo! you go girl! keep up the great work! :clap:

Very cool GC, told ya all the hard work will pay off. :highfive:

That is super to hear about your progress!! keep up the good work.

Glad to hear things are progressing for you and your golf game!

I"ll have to see if I can get a copy of the videos he took of my swing. What a dramatic difference from my first lesson to last night's lesson. Chicken wing almost completely gone :good:

I can hit 100 yards now :clapp:

Cool. Keep working on it GC.

WOOT! WOOT!

Good stuff GC. Don't forget to free your mind up and let the muscle memory do the rest.

It's a leap of faith but it beats fretting about all your technical issues as you swing.

I"ll have to see if I can get a copy of the videos he took of my swing. What a dramatic difference from my first lesson to last night's lesson. Chicken wing almost completely gone :good:

But chicken wings taste so good.

Anyways, you'll be in tip top shape come August when we play then. Wouldn't it be weird that living at opposite coasts that you, WR, whoever else comes and I will see each other in the span of 3 months. Weird!!!!

I have lesson #3 tonight :joy: I'm ready!! I'm hoping I hit with something else other than my low irons, I've got those mastered now...We'll see :wink:

happy-and-excited.jpeg

But chicken wings taste so good.

Anyways, you'll be in tip top shape come August when we play then. Wouldn't it be weird that living at opposite coasts that you, WR, whoever else comes and I will see each other in the span of 3 months. Weird!!!!

Isn't that crazy?!!? 3 months!! Yikes, that's also closer to my 30th birthday YUCK!!

Don't worry you don't look a day over 18. :D

Thanks! Wait until you hear my voice, haa haa haa!! I still get carded sometimes :)

Thanks! Wait until you hear my voice, haa haa haa!! I still get carded sometimes :)

Why, do you have the baby face and a deep, raspy voice or a high "hee, hee, hee" voice (you're Asian so you know what I'm talking about). I think you'll be ok just as long as you don't sound like a man.

I get carded ever once in a while too. The difference is when you get older after they card you I say, "Thank you".

Why, do you have the baby face and a deep, raspy voice or a high "hee, hee, hee" voice (you're Asian so you know what I'm talking about). I think you'll be ok just as long as you don't sound like a man.

I get carded ever once in a while too. The difference is when you get older after they card you I say, "Thank you".

You'll just have to wait and see hee hee :)

I say thanks after I get carded. I have a beard right now (which has white in it btw) and the lady still thought I looked under 18.

Back